Photo

Well Now We Know Why Magna And Yumiko Havn't Been Getting Much Development Up To This Point

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts

They had been spending most of their time in their house screwing. The two couldn't even manage to keep their clothes on while they were in the middle of nowhere, with other people around, and could get jumped by a zombie at any time.

Imagine how quickly they'd be jumping in the sack when they were in the safety of their own house in Alexandria.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

The ability to have multiple orgasms will do that... probably the cause behind the stereotype of lesbians moving in together asap.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

And a wise choice on their part too.

It was just so out-of-the-blue though. Like RK didn't really know what to do with Magna after her big introduction so after almost 50 issues and sitting at desk with pen in hard says, "fuck it, I'll make her and Yumiko lovers. That will more than make up for the fact I haven't developed these two since issue 130 or whatever."

But sadly they're so undeveloped as characters to begin with that now their defining characteristic is "the lesbian couple who will bang anywhere, anytime."

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts

And a wise choice on their part too.

It was just so out-of-the-blue though. Like RK didn't really know what to do with Magna after her big introduction so after almost 50 issues and sitting at desk with pen in hard says, "fuck it, I'll make her and Yumiko lovers. That will more than make up for the fact I haven't developed these two since issue 130 or whatever."

But sadly they're so undeveloped as characters to begin with that now their defining characteristic is "the lesbian couple who will bang anywhere, anytime."

Yeah Kirkman definitely could have found a better way to introduce their relationship than to show them screwing on the side of the road. For instance wait until they get to where they are going (as I have a feeling this is going to be a good group they are meeting up with) and then once they are all given rooms he could then show them having sex. 

Kirkman doesn't have a real good track record of handling sexual behavior with the characters he develops though and has his characters come off as looking like sluts more times than not. He had Dale getting sexual favors from two girls forty plus years younger than him (he never showed that but the comic mentioned at one time that that was how he originally allowed Andrea and Amy to stay with him). He had Michonne come in and a running joke about her until about the timeskip was that she would fuck any black guy that showed up in the story. About the first thing that came out of Maggie's mouth when she showed up in the comic way back in the day was 'Wanna fuck'. And I could easily add several other things to that list as well. About the only relationship that we could probably say Kirkman handled that well where we could go 'this is more than two characters who just want to fuck'  is the Rick and Andrea relationship. And in that instance he kind of had to develop the relationship properly because Rick is the main character of the entire comic.

Now I know given the stress all these characters are under on a daily basis they would at times be a little more loose with their sexual behavior. But Kirkman still doesn't write it out that well in my opinion more times than not.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,772 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Yeah Kirkman definitely could have found a better way to introduce their relationship than to show them screwing on the side of the road. For instance wait until they get to where they are going (as I have a feeling this is going to be a good group they are meeting up with) and then once they are all given rooms he could then show them having sex. 

Kirkman doesn't have a real good track record of handling sexual behavior with the characters he develops though and has his characters come off as looking like sluts more times than not. He had Dale getting sexual favors from two girls forty plus years younger than him (he never showed that but the comic mentioned at one time that that was how he originally allowed Andrea and Amy to stay with him). He had Michonne come in and a running joke about her until about the timeskip was that she would fuck any black guy that showed up in the story. About the first thing that came out of Maggie's mouth when she showed up in the comic way back in the day was 'Wanna fuck'. And I could easily add several other things to that list as well. About the only relationship that we could probably say Kirkman handled that well where we could go 'this is more than two characters who just want to fuck'  is the Rick and Andrea relationship. And in that instance he kind of had to develop the relationship properly because Rick is the main character of the entire comic.

Now I know given the stress all these characters are under on a daily basis they would at times be a little more loose with their sexual behavior. But Kirkman still doesn't write it out that well in my opinion more times than not.

I dont remember Dale forcing sexual favors on Andrea she loved Dale.

Edited by PorkTornado75, 03 August 2017 - 09:56 PM.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts

Again they never showed it in panel but it was written in text sometime later that that was one of the ways the two girls got Dale to agree to let them stay with him.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,772 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Again they never showed it in panel but it was written in text sometime later that that was one of the ways the two girls got Dale to agree to let them stay with him.

Again I do not remember this dialog anyway you can show me? 

Its been awhile since i have started from issue 1 but I for the life of me cannot remember anything ever being said about Dale taking advantage of them. 

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 10 posts

Again I do not remember this dialog anyway you can show me? 

Its been awhile since i have started from issue 1 but I for the life of me cannot remember anything ever being said about Dale taking advantage of them. 

He never took advantage of them. It was just them saying at one point that in the very beginning (before Rick ever showed up at the camp) Andrea and Amy were offering sexual favors in turn for his protection. I'll have to look up where it is. I can't remember where exactly in the comic it said it was as I read by compendium and TPB through issue 138 so much of it was read in chunks. If I can find the exact dialogue I'll let you know (as you know Andrea had a ton of dialogue).

Edited by RayRey, 04 August 2017 - 12:49 AM.

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

I really don't blame any of the characters in the series for all the fucking since they know they're in a world where they could die any day.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,133 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

i dont think she ever said that they gave him sexual favours to stay in the rv, but they did flirt. i thought it was after he died, back when she was talking to his hat. but i skimmed through, and i didnt see it. im thinking maybe it was after he got bit the first time, but im not sure.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • LocationVermont

i dont think she ever said that they gave him sexual favours to stay in the rv, but they did flirt. i thought it was after he died, back when she was talking to his hat. but i skimmd through, and i didnt see it. im thinking maybe it was after he got bit the first time, but im not sure.

Issue 5. Rick, Shane , and Dale are gathering wood. Rick begins by talking about how Lori tells him about Donna complaining about Dale and the girls. Rick later says Dale earned the right to have two pretty young women to keep him company, because of his camping gear and shower.

Dale: "C'mon, guys... I'm not doing anything with those girls. To be honest, my plumbing ain't what it used to be." (He continues about losing his wife ahd how the girls keep the place clean and remind him of how it was like with his wife)

Issue 64, Rick tries to comfort Andrea and she explains the beginning of her relationship with Dale.

Andrea: "At first, it wasn't anything serious. Amy and I were taking advantage, frankly. Flirt with the old man, get to sleep in the big safe RV. It was a survival thing. Neither of us were actually attracted to him." (The rest of dialogue is about how he offered care and protection to Andrea after her loss of Amy, and falling in love with him and such)

Dale didn't do any "sexual favors" at all between him and the sisters. They just flirted and were nice to him so they could sleep in his RV, but never did they sleep with him. It wasn't until Andrea was really attracted to him after Amy's death that he found another woman to bone after his wife's death.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!