- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,791 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

All in all a pretty ok issue nothing major.

Dwight is a moron and is going to be a problem.

They should have taking him out a long time ago.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationOhio
Okay issue. Also it feels like we know who the next to go might be.

Poor Eugene finding out.....man.

I don't have a problem with Dwight and I believe he is part right. Rick has cause more problems and hasn't handled being a leader all that great.

How do you fight for yrs and then have a heart to heart with a guy who killed a guy like glenn then forgive him? Though I knew it was gonna happen.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Dwight killed Abe he can fuck right off.

I never liked that dipshit.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,834 posts

Actually really liked this issue. A lot happened and a good amount of plot developments were set up. The empty city was pretty eerie and the group on the road should be an exciting storyline

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Wow. The two women in the Ohio expedition are gay. What a shock.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,928 posts

Based on the buildings drawn when they first come upon it at the bridge, any idea what city that is?

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

I really don't know what to say. It was a decent enough issue, a lot of solid character-building, but my enthusiasm seems to be on the wane. The story just seems so stale. Think of just how little has happened in the last 50 issues.

Dwight's not wrong. Rick has been a shitty leader for most of the saga. Comforting Mikey was about the least shitty thing Rick's done for a long time. I'm willing to bet that Eugene was the real brains behind turning Alexandria/the Hilltop/Kingdom/Sanctuary into the place it was before the skins popped on the scene. I never really thought I ever say this but I want to Rick to die. His story is done, in my eyes, and the "Rick Grimes-is-the-only-person-left-in-the-world-who-is-a-good-leader, even-though-he-really-isn't-all-that-good-of-a-leader" shtick is older than Moses.

That said, Dwight's opinion shouldn't count for anything because he's pissed Rick accidentally offed some crazy bitch that apparently sold Dwight out for her own protection. I don't know why I can buy the whole "it's beyond my control" angle with Jaime Lannister but not Dwight. Maybe because we've actually seen Jamie and Cersei's connection on scene or in print whereas we really no idea of what Dwight and Sherry's relationship was really like.

I totally forgot about the Rosita's baby wasn't Eugene's angle. And now that it's resurfaced I don't really care. Seems like artificial drama to me. I do enjoy the on-the-road aspect of the storyline though, and I'm always pleased to see the Euge act like boss.

Also, those two chicks have been around for about 50 issues but it seemed so out of the blue to find out they are lesbians. It was never even hinted at as far as I can remember.

I'd like the idea of Maggie killing Negan only if it sparks a schism between her and Rick. Something beyond the death of a beloved character really needs to shake the story up, and at this point I don't have faith in the Ohio group being anything but yet another group of weirdoes whose leader will yet again make Rick look like George Washington in comparison. A civil war of sorts between two long-time characters and friends would be interesting.

Oh, and yea for Aaron. I always liked that dude, and I'm glad he's found Jesus

Anyway, until next month...

Edited by moop420, 02 August 2017 - 09:40 PM.

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationJasper Alabama

I figure Aaron or Jesus won't be around much longer because once you find love in the world of the Walking Dead you don't last long.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationVermont

Based on the buildings drawn when they first come upon it at the bridge, any idea what city that is?

Pittsburgh.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts

Yeah I'm thinking the city they are in is Pittsburgh. They have been traveling for almost a week now on horseback so they should have gotten some good mileage on them (especially considering it doesn't seem like they have come across too many problems). I couldn't imagine them still being in the D.C. area after being gone that long. By the way I really am starting to think that it is infact Wellington from the TellTale games where Stephanie is from. The route from Alexandria to Cleveland (which Wellington is a suburb of) goes right through Pittsburgh (also Yumiko said she had never been that far north before so wherever they are going likely has to be in northern Ohio (as Alexandria is almost parallel to southern Ohio). 

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts

Yep it is Pittsburgh. That was the Andy Warhol bridge they just crossed. Here is an image of the bridge and the buildings on the other side of it and you can tell several of the buildings are almost identical to the splash page.

warhol%20bridge%20yarn%20bomb.jpg

Edited by RayRey, 03 August 2017 - 12:39 AM.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

How can a massive city be completely empty of zombies?

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Yeah seems kind of stupid to go through a large city instead of going around it...even if it seems deserted.  

The Magna/Yumiko lesbo stuff seems excessive.  Won't be long before half the characters in this comic are revealed to be gay. 

I think Negan is going to catch Dante spying on him.  Dante could be killed by Negan next issue. 

RayRey

RayRey

Infected

• Members
  • 13 posts

Yeah seems kind of stupid to go through a large city instead of going around it...even if it seems deserted.  

The Magna/Yumiko lesbo stuff seems excessive.  Won't be long before half the characters in this comic are revealed to be gay. 

I think Negan is going to catch Dante spying on him.  Dante could be killed by Negan next issue. 

I think Kirkman is setting up future plot points where people can travel back and forth between Washington (and wherever they end up in Ohio) without much problem.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

yes, it's soooo excessive to have 7 gay characters and 1 bisexual character out the 176 named twd characters. 4.5% lbgt representation is just too much, hell that's almost 5%.  How dare Kman introduce the comic's first lesbian couple when there's already 3 living gay male characters.

that was sarcasm btw, and i downvoted you.

Edited by mADAM Scorpious, 03 August 2017 - 07:03 PM.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,163 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

i'm happy that jesus and aaron are inlove, and its cool to finally find out who fathered rosita's baby... for the longest time i was wondering how and why siddiq made the jump to second tier character and i guess this explains it.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • 595 posts
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

How can a massive city be completely empty of zombies?

Yeah. I mean, Pittsburgh isn't a sprawling metropolis or anything but it's it what I'd call a big city. And for it be apparently devoid of any zombies strains my suspension of belief...especially in a world where it's been established zombies can be found anywhere. Even if they found 1 zombie pinned between a wrecked car and building wall it would have gone a long way.

What I'm thinking, and what I'm hoping isn't true, is that RK is setting up a super-massive zombie horde roaming around. Bigger than what we've ever seen. It will be like how Alexandria almost got overrun by zombies, and then about 80 issues later almost got overrun again by a bigger horde of zombies! Can you imagine the excitement of watching Eugene try to herd up an even larger herd than he's ever herded before!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Yeah. I mean, Pittsburgh isn't a sprawling metropolis or anything but it's it what I'd call a big city. And for it be apparently devoid of any zombies strains my suspension of belief...especially in a world where it's been established zombies can be found anywhere. Even if they found 1 zombie pinned between a wrecked car and building wall it would have gone a long way.

What I'm thinking, and what I'm hoping isn't true, is that RK is setting up a super-massive zombie horde roaming around. Bigger than what we've ever seen. It will be like how Alexandria almost got overrun by zombies, and then about 80 issues later almost got overrun again by a bigger horde of zombies! Can you imagine the excitement of watching Eugene try to herd up an even larger herd than he's ever herded before!

Or the Ohio group has figured out a way to clear the city of zombies or have enough man power to clear it and loot it.

Maybe they are the remains of the military or something.

I can see the zombies moving away from the cities being attracted by sound and such but you would figure you would still have a bunch left that are not mobile enough to move far.

Edited by PorkTornado75, 03 August 2017 - 09:10 PM.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationOhio
I would say there would be few walkers in the city but it's been yrs I'm sure most have been moved out by now.

Gay couple thing doesn't really bother me it's just be never hinted at it before so now it seems out of place.

I figured magna would have been a move toward the new leader but she went from a leader herself to just chilling in the background.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationOhio

Dwight killed Abe he can fuck right off.

I never liked that dipshit.

Negan killed Glenn. He gets to survive and roam free because he and Rick had a talk? I mean Negan killed loads more and is worse.

I'm not saying I like Dwight, but he's right. Rick isn't a good leader and he needs to go but nobody else really wants it nor would Rick give it up.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

AD VICTORIUM

• Moderators
  • 2,430 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

For me, the  lesbo stuff is neither here nor there. 

No, the problem for me is that I found myself wondering, 'Wait- who the hell is that chick that Magna is in the sleeping bag with?' 

In other words, the book has so many characters that sometimes I get confused as to just who the hell everyone is.  And some characters don't get much exposure. I remember Magna, but I honestly don't know where the hell this other chick came from.  I'm sure she was a member or Magna's original group, but I barely remember anything about her.

The scene where Rick is comforting the young man who lost his mother, I was wondering, wait who again  is this kid and who was his mom? 

I got the impression that the final revelation at the end was supposed to be a stunning one, but to be completely honest, I'm having trouble remembering what exactly happened between Siddiq and Rosita. 

I mean, it must have been pretty important, judging by Eugene's reaction, but I honestly barely remember anything Siddiq has done. 

The subplot about the distrust between Dwight and Rick- that was the only one where I knew exactly what the conflict  was (Rick killed Dwight's ex). 

Edited by Deadpelican, 06 August 2017 - 06:06 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, you're dead. You were perused and slain by this Brotherhood knight, and your remains were incinerated.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

For me, the  lesbo stuff is neither here nor there. 

It just reeks of lazy writing.  Like Kirkman ran out of ideas for Magna and said - "hmmm I'll just make her into a dyke - that will surprise some people."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,791 posts

Negan killed Glenn. He gets to survive and roam free because he and Rick had a talk? I mean Negan killed loads more and is worse.

I'm not saying I like Dwight, but he's right. Rick isn't a good leader and he needs to go but nobody else really wants it nor would Rick give it up.

Negan should have been wacked also but Rick wanted to do the "we dont kill" thing for the 15th time.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,267 posts
  • LocationOhio

Negan should have been wacked also but Rick wanted to do the "we dont kill" thing for the 15th time.

Lol true.

Bug

Bug

• Moderators
  • 4,850 posts

I do agree that Negan should have been done away with already. I know he's a popular character, but I don't like him and have not forgiven him for killing Glenn. Yeah, I'm still a Glenn fangirl.

As for the "we don't kill thing" Rick is trying to maintain civilization. There are a lot of people that don't approve of capital punishment. They feel that it is cruel and that person should be given an opportunity to be redeemed. I'm not one of those.

To the person banding about terms like lesbo and dyke I could have taken you more seriously had you been respectful in explaining your concerns. I, too, have down voted your comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!