• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

This turned out to be a double issue without a letter hacks, and all but one page focused on Andrea's death. I get she's a longtime original character, but the death itself dragged on several pages too long. They were starting to repeat themselves and it was getting dull.

The only interesting thing of note was Dwight discovering Sherry is dead and giving Rick the death stare. How Dwight and Rick both cope with their loss will be interesting.

Back to Andrea, I'm glad we finally got to see a character die of a slow turn bite, but how about a good surprise death that isn't telegraphed issues in advance? That's why Abe's death was such a great comic moment.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,782 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I agree it dragged on a bit to long.

Overall it was a good way to send off Andrea.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

IMG_6303.jpg

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,677 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

That was the hardest issue to read ever as a huge Andrea fan. RIP you bad ass bitch. What now?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

All my favorite characters are dead now..........

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,677 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

It seems like Kirkman may have hinted at a possible pairing with Rick & Michonne, when she was talking to him outside the bedroom. I wonder... 

But who am I kidding, Rick & Negan 4 life!

Edited by theblackboxlies, 03 May 2017 - 02:59 PM.

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK

so ive not been on the forum for a while (ive lurked a bit, but no posting)

im rather annoyed with kirkman right now!

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

It seems like Kirkman may have hinted at a possible pairing with Rick & Michonne, when she was talking to him outside the bedroom. I wonder... 

Carl can tag along for the Two and a Half Men reboot!

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members
  • 684 posts

Anyone else think the last few pages felt like a series finale? lol

i really hope not. It would feel too much like 'HEY! THE SHOW DID IT SO WHY DONT WE!"

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • 392 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK

tqhe8UQO.jpg

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

AD VICTORIUM

• Moderators
  • 2,421 posts
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Was a solid issue. 

The comic was badly in need of a big death. 

It was becoming like the TV show in the sense that it was killing off B-list characters with barely any development while leaving Andrea, Michonne, etc. alive. 

Andrea's death raises the stakes again to where they should be. 

As far as I'm concerned, you're dead. You were perused and slain by this Brotherhood knight, and your remains were incinerated.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationOhio
even though he wrote the eulogy. i feel the death was more forced for people wanting one. once again it's of course someone who Rick is with.

please don't pair up michonne and Rick. she'll die next. seriously you can only develope a character so many times after a death.

only problem with the death is we never saw the bite so it just felt like a few issues of was she or wasn't she.

3 originals left. sad.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

well i know i was cheering on the death of Andrea after she got bit because I had gotten bored of mrs Grimes, but i cried. this issue reminded me of why i fell inlove with this comic to begin with. 

intense scene with rick wanting to go out carol style

Edited by mADAM Scorpious, 03 May 2017 - 04:25 PM.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

After thinking over the issue, it doesn't seem realistic that the Whisperer horde was defeated relatively easily with only Paula and Andrea as casualties. I thought for certain this would be what drove them out of Washington, and it still might since their waterways are infested with the dead now. But it's looking more and more like the Whisperers and their horde were simply a device to lead to Savior discord. I wonder how Beta is taking it from afar.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,677 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

After thinking over the issue, it doesn't seem realistic that the Whisperer horde was defeated relatively easily with only Paula and Andrea as casualties. I thought for certain this would be what drove them out of Washington, and it still might since their waterways are infested with the dead now. But it's looking more and more like the Whisperers and their horde were simply a device to lead to Savior discord. I wonder how Beta is taking it from afar.

You forgot the biggest casualty of all: Father Gabe! Haha. Kidding, of course. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

You forgot the biggest casualty of all: Father Gabe! Haha. Kidding, of course. 

Who?

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • 4,280 posts
  • LocationBills Country

Shit. That was tougher to read than I thought it would be. RIP Andrea. Rick had better start recruiting for a new sniper ASAP!

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members
  • 213 posts

Said it before, if Andrea dies, I'm out. And this will be my last post.

Fuck you, Kirkman.

"i didn't want andrea to die", then don't fucking kill her.

Goodbye, folk. I'm done with this book.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members
  • 1,914 posts

One of the best issues in a looooong time. Andrea's death was tough as it was, but to see how it broke Rick, and then rebound at the end telling everyone to "Follow Me", was just fantastic. As someone else said, it brings back why we fell in love with this story in the first place.

In an otherwise tough issue to read, Negan saying his goodbye as only Negan can, was a great humor relief if only for a single panel.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Said it before, if Andrea dies, I'm out. And this will be my last post.

Fuck you, Kirkman.

Goodbye, folk. I'm done with this book.

See ya next issue!

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Agh.. this one hurt. 

I really didn't want Andrea to die. I've liked her character since the beginning. 

Alas, everyone dies. People died even before the ZA, as she herself said. 

I thought it was fitting that she stayed strong for Rick until the very end. It was also cool to see Rick break emotionally and almost commit suicide, but pull through - in part thanks to what she had told him before he bit the dust. If she had been weak and weepy it might have broken him and pushed him over the edge. 

I still don't like the way they cliff hanged whether or not it was a bite or bullet wound, but alas here we are. 

Right now the Saviors seem subdued and Negan hasn't betrayed everyone... will be interesting to see where the series goes from here. 

PLEASE DO NOT PUT RICK AND MICHONNE TOGETHER.  I think it was a shit pairing in the show and it would be a shit paring in the comics, don't do it just to match the show. Hell, Rick could go Maggie style and just decide he doesn't wanna be with anyone ever again. 

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

Agh.. this one hurt. 

I really didn't want Andrea to die. I've liked her character since the beginning. 

Alas, everyone dies. People died even before the ZA, as she herself said. 

I thought it was fitting that she stayed strong for Rick until the very end. It was also cool to see Rick break emotionally and almost commit suicide, but pull through - in part thanks to what she had told him before he bit the dust. If she had been weak and weepy it might have broken him and pushed him over the edge. 

I still don't like the way they cliff hanged whether or not it was a bite or bullet wound, but alas here we are. 

Right now the Saviors seem subdued and Negan hasn't betrayed everyone... will be interesting to see where the series goes from here. 

PLEASE DO NOT PUT RICK AND MICHONNE TOGETHER.  I think it was a shit pairing in the show and it would be a shit paring in the comics, don't do it just to match the show. Hell, Rick could go Maggie style and just decide he doesn't wanna be with anyone ever again. 

I could not agree more on the Michonne thing. 

Please keep this far away from the shit story lines the shit show is using. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,782 posts

I could not help but notice Andrea turning into a zombie in a matter of mins but Sherry laying on the floor never turns......seems like people turn faster if it helps the plot. 

All the characters I cared about are gone......its going to be hard to keep on with this book. 

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

I could not help but notice Andrea turning into a zombie in a matter of mins but Sherry laying on the floor never turns......seems like people turn faster if it helps the plot. 

All the characters I cared about are gone......its going to be hard to keep on with this book. 

did sherry die from a broken neck or head trauma?

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,148 posts

everyone dies eventually. that was her life. it hurts when your characters have to die but that's their life, even if you dont want to end it.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!