• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

There are many lovers and many haters of the show on here?  What makes you tune in?

I'll go first:

I find many of the characters and their development interesting.

I love post apocalyptic stories/movies/shows.

I like that they give more drama and suspense than outright gore for gore's sake.

There are a half a handful from me.  Your turn.

Posted Image

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

i have to see how it differs from the comic but originally i liked the beauty of the show.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
  • 968 posts
I keep hoping the show will be as good as it used to be. As I said on another thread, it hasn't been good overall (despite good individual episodes, scenes, storylines, moments, etc ) since the beginning of the second half of Season Six, up to the assault on the Savior outpost.

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

I love post apocolyptic movies/books

There are a few characters that I like to follow. It used to be Daryl and Carol (not together), now it is Negan, Rick and Daryl.

My interest in the show has come and gone over the seasons but I have always watched every episode as it aired.  When I really enjoy the story line I come to the forums to talk about it. When I lose interest i go MIA for a bit until I get invested enough to want to talk about it again.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

I love post apocolyptic movies/books

There are a few characters that I like to follow. It used to be Daryl and Carol (not together), now it is Negan, Rick and Daryl.

My interest in the show has come and gone over the seasons but I have always watched every episode as it aired.  When I really enjoy the story line I come to the forums to talk about it. When I lose interest i go MIA for a bit until I get invested enough to want to talk about it again.

Your absences have not gone unnoticed by BWR or myself.  I was very happy to see you posting again.  Thanks for the responses, people. :)

Posted Image

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I love the philosophical exploration of what it means to be human, and part of that exploration is achieved through breaking society. When governments fall, support systems disappear, and we are reduced to as close to Hobbe's natural state as we can be, that's something I love.

I want to see humanity rise, to see the seeds of what we could be scattered in the most infertile soil and somehow demonstrate that humanity has an innate capacity for taking care of ourselves and our future.

It's easy to assume the worst about our base nature, of course. And we are rife with examples of human beings who will crush us all in the name of their personal gain. But I like following a group of people doing what they can to be the best they can.

TWD is easily one of the best programs ever at illustrating this. Watching these great actors, and (sometimes) great writers flesh this out for me has been a pleasure. Watching an actor journey through various traumatic experiences and try to find a reason to go on is what makes this show. It's why I have really loved the people with the most 'human' arcs.

Sometimes a lot of people here hate these journeys (like Tyreese) but I think they are exemplary. Sometimes the writers don't succeed. I think Andrea was an unfortunate misfire. I understand the on paper reason for her wanting to trust the governor, but for me they failed at writing her arc because I never believed she went from who she was surviving in the forest on her own and then with Michonne, to trusting the Gov. It was definitely the writing, because I could believe it. I just need to see the character make that journey.

I still watch because the show is still excellent at what I like, when it chooses to be. There was great potential with Nicholas, and I hate that they wasted it on a Glenn fake out. There was potential with Noah as well, but at least his death could have been a great start to a great arc for Nicholas. The show is giving me a great arc with Dwight, and I love that. My fingers are crossed for some surprising work with Gregory rather than the obvious arc of a rat, which is beneath this show in its obviousness.

But the show, which in fairness has always found a moment to add some camp, has gone too far this season. The garbage people are atrocious. The tiger is simply stupid. Ezekiel's speech is corny (but the actor makes it work he's so good), Oceanside should be fascinating, but they have done a terrible job making me believe those characters are 'living'. Oddly the best community overall is the Kingdom. As corny as they are, I like how they've written all the supporting actors in that community. Plenty of 'real' feeling people, something not found at Hilltop, Oceanside. Alexandria keeps having there interesting 'real' people killed, which sucks. Denise and Olivia both had great potential.

People have to die, and I want to care about them when they do, so in my 'perfect' TWD people I think have more potential WILL die. And that's fine. But if they are killing those people, please leave me with others to follow.

Alessia2

Alessia2

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 125 posts

As I´ve said before, the horror, violence or post-apocalypse (or zombies ;) ) aren´t my thing, but I got interested about the characters and what happens to them. I watch it as a drama show and am interested about how people there communicate, who and why they connect, what makes strangers to become family, how each character grows and developes. :) When there is a scene that is too ugly for me to watch (like the Glenn & Abe episode or the Terminus execution scene) I make sure I don´t see or hear too much. 

I hope of the series to see more of the people discussing and planning how to get on, how to make the new world to work and how to survive - not only in the moment but also in the future. I would enjoy watching more of planting tomatoes and trying to breed rabbits or something, along people trying to live normal life. I also have enjoyed scenes when they wander around and explore - I´m very curious to see more of the world they´re in. It would be really interesting to see more of how to get stuff done, when the excisting things wear off or are totally gone. Innovations and learning new skills etc. :) I know the big bads and problems needs to come in this type of tv show, but I´m not so interested about those. It´s not I´d be very disappointed when there happens something I am not that interested, as it´s rather expected, but when there is a nice episode it makes me really happy! :)

My best moments in the shows are reunions and when they show their feelings. People need each others, specially in such odd circumstances, and I just love to see anyone of them being happy (even for a moment) as life there is mostly difficult, and also to see the emotional moments and hugs and relief when someone isn´t dead after all. :) Of course I appreciate a good story and interesting plotline, but I can fix it writing myself if want so (sometimes I write fanfiction, too). More important for me are the characters and I feel happy to see them happy and well. :)

Big reason to watch the show is also Daryl. No reason to hide the obvious fact. ;) And I´m not even the crazy fangirl -type but just liking his character a lot. He is adorable since beginning, as when so many people seem to become cold, hard and changing to worse, Daryl is becoming better all the time, so for him the new world actually just did good. (Despite the losses, but to who he is and what he does.) He cares and is loyal and has a good heart. Also I really like many other characters and watch the show mostly to see what happens to them. When I watched the earlier seasons, I thought if Daryl and Carol would be gone, I might stop watching because wouldn´t mind the show as much if there wouldn´t be my favourites anymore, but actually now I have so many more favourites, I might still continue at least for some time. But it never was for me so much about Rick and what happens to him.

And even still this series is popular in Finland, too, in my irl-friend and family group there aren´t really anyone who would be that interested about TWD that they would feel like having discussions about the characters or what may happen next etc. So I loved to find my way here. :) I enjoy to discuss, wonder and predict what happens next. And not only in the realistic way but also in the way "wouldn´t it be cool / funny / etc if something like this would happen" even still I´d know that would never happen except in my imagination. ;) Maybe it´s the writer part of me. :)

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Hey Alessia,

I think there might be a lot of writers here. I write all the time, and although it isn't fan-fic, I have wrote ZA scenarios set in what may as well be TWD's world. Completely different characters, and definitely all about the characters.

There's a fiction section to this forum. I've read some of it but I haven't contributed as it seems to be mostly for a resident writer's work. But the work is good and worth reading.

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationThe Other Side

I watched the first episode and when the horse went down, I thought this is not for me.  Then hearing Glenn's voice calling Rick a dumb ass got me curious. So I've watched every episode.  I'm not in it for the gore, but kudos to Greg Nicotero and his crew for designing realistic and unusual walkers.

Not interested whether the gas is good or how guns work (never had one) or other things that have been pointed out over the seasons.  I do enjoy reading opinions of others, but I'm more interested in how the characters interact with each other and how they adapt to this world.

Seems most of these characters were average people going about their lives before the event.  It's interesting to see how they have grown and changed. The different groups added this season have increased my interest for season 8. 

Edited by zack, 07 April 2017 - 12:18 AM.

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 187 posts
  • LocationPanama
I remember when I watch the third or fourth episode first season. It was a dialogue between Rick and I don't remember who. But I remember Rick s face, and I kept on without knowing about the zombies. I do love zombie movies, apocalyptic and horror movies, so I kept on watching the show and constantly imagine myself in that ZA scenario. Never care for details as Zack. Always trying to find an answer for the origin and the transmission of the virus and so. Also thinking about the fall of society, civilization as Mosher said.

For months I tried to convince my husband to watch the show. He doesn't like zombies and suspense so he refused. I explained several times that it was not about the zombies, that it was about the human morals and ethics.

He agreed and became a fan as me.

What I love about the show is that constantly reflects morals. How much are you going to do in order to survive. How much would you sacrifice for the others? How brave, cowards, or traitors we can be? What is right and what is wrong ? Where is compassionate vs survival? Where is love vs survival? And so...

And as I said several times before, the show became for me a metaphor of our civilization. And I love this mirror, makes me think, makes me feel.

I had cried, laughed, screamed, turn around, mourned, be angry, but most, being inspired.
And the world needs inspiration.

To answer your question I watch the show every week because inspired me. I am an idealist and is not an easy thing to be nowadays. And the show helps. :)

World War Pee

World War Pee

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Mosher said "When governments fall, support systems disappear, and we are reduced to as close to Hobbe's natural state as we can be, that's something I love."  Me too.

I watch the show mostly to see how life would be when society breaks down an lots of culture is lost. How will people live without the government. Without support systems. Without abundant food, clothing, fuel, tools, schooling, law and order. That's why I tend to be critical of the never ending gasoline, good running cars, abundant weapons, etc. Although the show has done a good job regarding the lack of food, and shelter isn't really an issue in urban areas.

I think most people today in western civilization live a comfortable life. Spoiled, frankly. Speaking of people in the USA, people rarely go hungry; food is abundant. Energy is cheap. Medical care is excellent. Transportation everywhere, entertainment is endless. They (myself included) take for granted the comforts afforded to us on a daily basis. Could people living today survive if they were to wake up (like Rick) in the zombie apocalypse?

I love the show because it makes me wonder if I could survive in that world and how challenging it would be.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 334 posts

Liked the comics and still does.

Like post-apocalyptic fiction, and other fictions set in what the writers imagine about the future, how societies will change, how they will try to adapt, about what is taken for granted today might be different tomorow.

I like grey characters, that can be one day the hero, and another day, the villain, depending on circonstances. I like the fact that people no longer follow the old rules, for the good or the bad that it creates. I like that the setting implie that everyone can die at any time and be replaced by new characters, even if a bit too many have thick plot-armors.

Although, i don't think the series was ever perfect, far from it. There always had be some inconsistencies, drastic changes of tone, and totally silly moment like Glenn in the well or Glenn with a sport car with alarm full on. There are times in which the show shine and other when it is awfull. So far, i found the first two seasons the most subtle and consistent, and the season i consider the worst were season 3 and 6. Season 7 is crippled by Rosita's plot and the addition of Oceanside and Garbargeland, but shine through the addition of Negan, Simon, the saviors, Richard, Carole\Morgan team, Gregory's Hilltop, Eugene infiltration, and the debate we had about how Negan is evil or reedeemable.

Bug

Bug

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Moderators
  • 4,862 posts

Yes, I still watch weekly (and occasionally re-watch all seasons) even though the season 6 cliffhanger royally ticked me off.  I've liked the bottle episodes, but felt as though something was missing this season.  The closest I can guess is that I was also missing how the people I care about cared for each other.   That's part of the magic of the show - the interactions of these people.  

Nareen

Nareen

Roamer

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationCanada

Little to add here except to agree with Mosher and Alyssia.  I love apocalyptic fiction, dislike gore, am indifferent to zombies, and watch the TWD for the characters and their struggles to survive and retain their humanity after the breakdown of society.  So I don’t care about the gas, the guns, and the rest of that stuff.  That great first episode of TWD hooked me and I've watched ever since.

This series has always been uneven but when it was good it was great.  Not so much now.  Maybe that’s partly due to age and staleness but for me it was the abrupt change of tone engendered by the introduction of Negan, the garbage people, Ezekiel with the Kingdom and Shiva , all of whom have changed the tone of the series from reality based to surreal. 

That being said, I actually like Ezekiel and the Kingdom entirely because Khary Payton does such an excellent job that I hardly wince at all at his corny lines.  (Though Ezekiel has seen The Return of the King too many times. :)  )  I enjoy looking at the tiger but every time I see her I think about how preposterous it is and am taken out of the story.  None-the-less, the Kingdom is the only place, aside from the slavery-based Sanctuary, that actually looks like a viable community.   

Despite the introduction of the Garbage group, I found the second half of the season much more tolerable than the first because it seemed to me that Negan was both toned down a trifle, appeared less and often served as a foil for other characters like Sasha and Eugene.   He was still a sadistic rapist extortionist murderer, but until the last episode, at least there were fewer of those long, boring speeches.

I'm going to come back next season and see how it goes.  I don't think I'll bother buying the S7 DVD though, unlike every other year. 

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Lurker

• Members
  • 433 posts

Out of habit and boredom mostly. I used to enjoy the show and would make it a point to sit in front of my tv to watch every week. Now I watch on my phone, while i'm working and only half way pay attention. I feel like i've put in so much time that i need to keep watching to justify the torture i've already put myself through.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

Thanks for all of the responses.  We are quite the varied group, aren't we? :)

I've seen a lot of complaints (and I agree) about the semi-literate seeming trash people.  I've also seen folks who think they may be representative of a group contained in the comics whose name I won't mention because I never learned to spoiler tag things but they were a quiet sort.  If that is the case, is the group from the comic less absurd than the folks in the dump?  Or do y'all think they're just thrown in as a miserably failed plot device?  

I know the comics shifted into fantasy w/ the kingdom so that was to be expected (and dreaded by me, at least) but is pleasantly surprising as several have said.  The tiger's a stretch but I can justify her existence in my mind for reasons posted in another thread.  Her selection of victims was a bit too convenient but since I believe that animals have senses that we've either repressed w/ logic or never even had, I can justify that, too. 

Posted Image

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members
  • 334 posts

The group you have (not) mentioned has a better introduction as an haunting and frightening treat (and after a time skip of several years in which the whole world has changed). They get less interesting once you get to know them better. But at that point, the main treat already started to shift into something else...

Edited by naossano, 07 April 2017 - 06:06 PM.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Same here, I love post apocalyptic stories especially with strangers having to come together to survive. I like to see how the relationships evolve. What's crazy is that since I was little, I've always had vivid dreams of the end of the world and having to struggle to survive against zombies, disease, or other people. I even had one at the start of the end in all the craziness and I had to fight to get out of the city. These dreams go back as young as 9 years old, I know because I would always write them in journals. Weird, no?

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

Zvivor

Zvivor

Lurker

• Members
  • 310 posts

I cannot tell you why I love this show (a little less in recent seasons than the first 5 seasons.)
What I can tell you is this: When I saw the ads for the show -- a zombie apocalypse -- I thought who in blazes would watch a stupid show about Zombies.   Then I watched E01/S01 and I was hooked -- hook, line and sinker, as they say.   It raised the ultiivmate question for all of us that if there is a disaster (even a ridiculous one like a zombie apocalypse), what would you do, what could you do to survive.   And the show was unflinching in addressing those questions -- with creatialkivity, with humor, with marvelous characters.

So, rather than talking about me, let me tell you what happened about 3 seasons in when my niece and her husband were visiting for Thanksgiving.  I had purchased S1, S2 and S3 DVD's.   They watched the first show, then the next, then the next and the next.thing you know, they pulled an all-nighter.  When they got back home, they sent me a "Terminus Steak House -- We'd Love to Have you for Dinner" t-shirt. 

I fell in love with the characters and the incredible acting:    Jon Bernthal as Shane is one of my lifetime favorites; Andrew Lincoln-amazing.  All of the characters, their stories and their actors and actresses presented so much to think about   and talk about /argue about with friends who loved the show.   I have loved so many of the characters and their incredible, incredible acting:   Morgan, played by Lenny James;  Carol, played by Melissa McBride, Abraham played by Michael Cudlitz, Sasha played by Sonequa Martin e Green, and I really loved to hate the Governor and Gareth of Terminus.

The weakening of Rick as a character; the pandering to the crowd with  things like "Richonne" have really deteriorated the show. Nothing-- however, as much as Negan and the comic-bookish approach that makes you feel like you're just looking at one comic frame enacted to the next to the next.   The weakening of the complex story line with Stoopid stories like Rick fallilng for the garbage gang is ruining the show  (as  is the ruination of both Rick and Michonne as smart, strong survivors courtesy of pandering to the crowd that wants to watch them play kissy-face while Alexandria sinks into starvation and oblivion.

Above is why I've been watching and watching.   My friends and family who loved this show for the first 5 seasons are not watching anymore.   The last of them dropped out over S7/S1 and the disgusting brutality of Negan.   (Yeah, I know, this seems to strange to some people but not to me -- I hate GOT; I had sadism.)   

I no longer torture over missing an episode.  I don't like what they have done with Rick, and his filthy, grody old man appearance.  I can't stand the ruination of Michonne (and Danae- let's face --was Academy award material with the original Michonne, but she just can't carry the love scenes-  nor would I care if she could, because that is not why I watch the show.

Where I am as a viewer going forward is:  (1)  Bring back Rick -- real Rick -- clean him up; have him quit making the stupidest strategic decisions on the planet;  (2) Bring back Michonne as she once was - a fierce warrior;  (3) Kill Negan in the first episode of the next season.   Get the spectacular writers back on board.

Okay, that's my rant.   Given only because you asked.   

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

I had this nice reply all written out, went to snag a gif and it vanished.  Replace Shane in your much appreciated rant with Negan for me and we're in agreement.  Rick's obtuseness is what really nags at me be it Shane's loyalty, Garbage people, Termites or the 2 renegade prisoners.  Here (hopefully) is a curtsey for you.  

https://www.tumblr.c...arch/curtsy gif

Well, hell it's a link to one at least. :P

Posted Image

daenerys

daenerys

Roamer

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Your absences have not gone unnoticed by BWR or myself.  I was very happy to see you posting again.  Thanks for the responses, people. :)

Why thank you, that is very kind of you to say.  I remember having a few conversations with BWR before I vanished for a couple of seasons, and I always find your posts interesting and positive to read.   It was quite exciting to read on another thread that the two of you are together!  :)

Zvivor, that was a great post.  It's interesting that we all enjoy different characters and story lines in the show because I got bored by the Govenor and have really enjoyed the introduction of Negan,  Yes, I find his back-bends a bit grating on the eye but for the most part he scares the begeezers out of me, lol.  I agree I want to see Rick cleaned up physically and mentally, but I am expecting/hoping to see that next season.  It was interesting to see him so broken this year and for some reason it has made me more sympathetic to his character (he now makes my top 3 for the first time ever). I also love the tension between Andy and JDM as actors.  I could watch the two of them interact for an entire episode every week.

I'm not a fan of Rick and Michonne as a couple, and I hope they use her, Daryl and Carol in more productive rolls next season.  I guess if I didn't like Negan so much then I would miss my other favourite characters even more because they have only had diminutive rolls this season.  Hopefully the garbage people and Oceanside will be dropped next season in favor of Alexandria, Santuary, Kingdom and Hilltop, because that is where the heart of the show lies :)

Edited by daenerys, 07 April 2017 - 09:49 PM.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

It was sincere, Danersys.  The first reaction was a -1 from some hater (of me, not you I'm sure).  Oh well.  I got negged on the interwebs.  My heart was broken yet I live to see another day.  :rolleyes:

This post was kind of a test of sorts.  I wonder where everyone from S1-4 went.  We've lost a lot who I enjoyed including yourself.  Thank you for explaining your reason. I'm glad you enjoy the show again.  And we enjoy your posts, too.  Yes, for better or worse, we are wed now.

I've always suspected that the culprit of disappearances was that people's interest in the show waned combined with the bickering between comic stalwarts and those who only watch the show.  BWR's view is that there is an added element of people coming here who are either going through huge problems in their lives and escape here and then when life gets better, they fade away.  Now I know where YOU went.  :ps-mummies:

Zvivor's post was great and yes, please, Rick: Clean the hell up and learn to discern decent folks from bad ones.  Michonne: find your brass nut sack.  Maybe it's hiding where Carol's fierce internal warrior/protector-tude went. Look there first instead of in Rick's pants. But I enjoy Negan and more so, Simon.  The governor was indeed pretty boring and always was but I named myself after a great scene with strong Michonne and a very heart broken one eyed governor so I'm stuck with it and don't mind a bit.

I'm very interested in how Dwight will pan out and whether his wife will turn up.  My hope is that she will and they will join alongside Rick in a REAL way and contribute.  I also wonder what Dwight and Eugene are up to.  It keeps me watching along with many of the things you and others have mentioned.  We live a pretty insular life here in our town of 5000 and it's nice to talk to people with a common interest.  That's what keeps me posting here despite some ugliness here and there. All in all, it's a fun place to be. Offseason it gets a bit dull but then there's the game room.  

So really, lots of great info here and perspectives that have made me go: "Hmmm" whereas I was pretty solid in my own views.  That's what makes it fun!

Posted Image

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationOttawa

I never understood the wish to clean up Daryl/Rick/ etc.

I think the idea of a clean shaven man (or frankly woman) in the apocalypse makes little sense. Maybe for a few, but I imagine beards and armpits and legs will be as hairy as imaginable.

I do think changing clothes and washing would be a thing, though, since they have water and certainly an abundance of clothes.

I have no issue with Rick+ Michonne. I think it would be stranger if there weren't frequent hook ups and certainly romantic relationships within the group, and options are limited. It's a part of life and it belongs in the show.

HOWEVER-

Do not change the characters, and remember that even in a relationship people have separate identities. Glenn and Maggie worked well because they were never one person, and Michonne has fallen back a step behind Rick in a bothersome way. I'm fine with the relationship, why shouldn't she get to have a relationship? But don't steal her thunder, don't change who she is.

Because that ruins the whole thing.

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

Oh my, Mosher.  I'm gonna have to tell on myself.  I shave 4 months out of the year except for my post menopausal goatee and neck beard which is daily if I go anywhere.  I'm not big on shaving and I never smell so I'm a 3x/wk bather unless I am doing grubby work.  I'd do okay in the ZA and not ever reek but I'd have a Fu Manchu going.  Sigh.

My problem w/ Daryl is that he looks like a Peter Pan person, you know, the kind that wears felt outfits, tights and pointy shoes to medieval fairs and such. (not that there's anything wrong w/ that for fun in today's society as some find it fun) It isn't S1&2 Daryl, though who I thoroughly enjoyed.  High and tight is how I see him and how I liked him.  He and Rick could use Jessie's scissors from time to time.  Beards needn't get all scraggly either.  But women w/ leg and pit hair are well, not just fine by me but how I roll a majority of the year.

I remember there being some fuss about Glenn and Maggie during the Prison time before the governor and after it was cleared.  I never felt they lost their identities either and Maggie was stoic seeing everyone she loved die.  One By One.  But, she's pregnant so she sees her duty to the future and something to look forward to.  

Michonne dropping that sword during the "deer" scene was disappointing to I think, most of us here. It's what I would likely do but I'm not fierce like Maggie and Michonne.  Still, I'd like to think I'd go kamikazee rather than just give up.  

Michonne and Rick have distinctly different qualities as leaders and both should lead on the same level.  That would make it all right for them to be together and stronger than ever than they were apart. I get her desire to nest.  Hell, I nest off and on 4 years in but I've also moved twice and had to remodel both times.  Maybe that's part of it? I dunno but they need to "be the ball" not just keep their eye on it.  So, we agree yet again, mostly.

Posted Image

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • 1,852 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Oh my, Mosher.  I'm gonna have to tell on myself.  I shave 4 months out of the year except for my post menopausal goatee and neck beard which is daily if I go anywhere.  I'm not big on shaving and I never smell so I'm a 3x/wk bather unless I am doing grubby work.  I'd do okay in the ZA and not ever reek but I'd have a Fu Manchu going.  Sigh.

My problem w/ Daryl is that he looks like a Peter Pan person, you know, the kind that wears felt outfits, tights and pointy shoes to medieval fairs and such. (not that there's anything wrong w/ that for fun in today's society as some find it fun) It isn't S1&2 Daryl, though who I thoroughly enjoyed.  High and tight is how I see him and how I liked him.  He and Rick could use Jessie's scissors from time to time.  Beards needn't get all scraggly either.  But women w/ leg and pit hair are well, not just fine by me but how I roll a majority of the year.

I remember there being some fuss about Glenn and Maggie during the Prison time before the governor and after it was cleared.  I never felt they lost their identities either and Maggie was stoic seeing everyone she loved die.  One By One.  But, she's pregnant so she sees her duty to the future and something to look forward to.  

Michonne dropping that sword during the "deer" scene was disappointing to I think, most of us here. It's what I would likely do but I'm not fierce like Maggie and Michonne.  Still, I'd like to think I'd go kamikazee rather than just give up.  

Michonne and Rick have distinctly different qualities as leaders and both should lead on the same level.  That would make it all right for them to be together and stronger than ever than they were apart. I get her desire to nest.  Hell, I nest off and on 4 years in but I've also moved twice and had to remodel both times.  Maybe that's part of it? I dunno but they need to "be the ball" not just keep their eye on it.  So, we agree yet again, mostly.

Good for you!

Life's too short to fret over what others may or may not want you to do.

I hated Michonne dropping that sword because 1) Carl,  and 2) Judith.
Not to mention everyone else. Rick's a fine guy, works hard for his people, tries to do what's best for them rightly or wrongly.

He is NOT her whole world. I think she rage kill a bunch of them, go cry like hell some where. Get her steel self back and lock away the emotion and get back home ready to kill the Saviors.

And I'm fine with people having there preferences for how the actors look, it IS a tv show. :)

I would still love to watch a show bold enough to let there actors (and have the actors let themselves) look decidedly un-Hollywood. Never gonna happen. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!