The Fate Of Michonne

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
There's been talk of this past episode foreshadowing Michonne's death. First of all because the couple was all honeymoony, secondly because she was making long-term plans, and finally because of the way she dropped her sword when she thought Rick was dead. Also, because she and Rick discussed the inevitability of more Alexandrians dying.

Normally I'd agree. There's no surer sign of death than hope for the future. Hope kills on Walking Dead. However, she was mostly talking about Rick's future. I think that scene was about setting him up as leader of the post-Savior world. Or at least first among equals, along with Zeke, Maggie, and whoever.

Oh, and she's one of the four most popular characters, along with Rick, Daryl, and Carol. I see Michonne dying before Rick or Daryl, but Carol's probably more likely to go first. Most likely is that none of them die, and the show kills off Aaron's boyfriend or someone like that instead.

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

I think Rick and Michonne are untouchable. Even more untouchable then Daryl. Especially Rick. Killing off either character would rip a lot of the foundation fabric out of the show that people enjoy watching.

If you killed Rick off for example, it would signal a complete different direction for the show. I'd compare it to when David Duchovny (Fox Mulder) left the X Files TV show and was replaced by Robert Patrick (John Doggett) - The show just wasn't the same anymore and hordes of X File fans lost interest and the show faded away soon after that. 

Grillin

Grillin

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBozeman, MT

Being one of Rick's women is pretty much a death sentence. She's one of my favorite characters, but she's not going to make it.

I just hope we then don't get half a season of Rick talking to her ghost on the phone.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

Sure, they leave the show as a contracted regular, (much more money,akin to a full time job vs part time) then

come back a limited number of episodes as a recurring. If they're dead, that means coming back as a g-g-ghost.

If Bobby Singer could do it, why not Michonne? I don't see her as untouchable. I mean look, these guys have

done this show for 7 seasons, Danai alone has been on it like 6 seasons. Actors get enough, not to mention 

other offers. They cant ALL stick around for 13 years like the Very Special Tony Denozzo.

I also agree, the writing is on the wall, put there by our very own graffiti artists, the TWD writers.

Remember back on the road when Abe and Eugene had the bro hug thing, and Abe and Sasha were

making family plans.... and many of us speculated this was signalling the  end of Abraham as we know it?

Well, we were right weren't we? This episode featured heavily, the love, easy friendship, and sexual

relations of Mick and Richonne, with even some long term planning thrown in. Meh, Graffiti.

Jgreenwood

Jgreenwood

Roamer

• Members

I think she's sticking around beyond this season. The big death at seasons end will probably be Rosita and/or Carol.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I think that Richard won't last long either and that his death will trigger Ezekiel or Morgan to take actions.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I think that Richard won't last long either and that his death will trigger Ezekiel or Morgan to take actions.

Richard or the kid. i figure the kid is where it will go. he'll be the reason why zeke will decide war. mostly because Morgan has trained him. if the kid dies it could force Morgans hand. which he'll tell zeke it has to happen. or something like that.

now. i may have missed this, is there a reason richard keeps going to the drops? does he HAVE to be there? because it's very obvious the saviors want to hurt and or kill someone. they also constantly pick at the man and are waiting for him so snap.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Being one of Rick's women is pretty much a death sentence. She's one of my favorite characters, but she's not going to make it.

I just hope we then don't get half a season of Rick talking to her ghost on the phone.

she's gonna be fine. the only likable females left are Tara and Carol. i could see tara going bye bye. but not a fan fav.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

In the first episode we've seen Gavin and Jared, Gavin said that, if anything goes wrong, Richard would be the first to bite the dust. They insisted again in the last episode that he keeps going so they could still kill him if it goes wrong. And yes, they are teasing him. They want to deal with sheeps. As long as Richard reacts the way he reacts, that doesn't suit them. So, if Richard suddenly decide to become obediant, they will tease him even more to be absolutly certain that he is obediant, just like Negan kept teasing Rick until he was no longer defiant. If Richard goes too far, they will kill him and try to guess the next guy who is more likely to be defiant, so they will keep testing the kingdom submission.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members

now. i may have missed this, is there a reason richard keeps going to the drops? does he HAVE to be there? because it's very obvious the saviors want to hurt and or kill someone. they also constantly pick at the man and are waiting for him so snap.

I don't know about up to the last drop, but the head Savior informed Zeke Richard must keep showing up from then unto eternity. Beforehand, it may have been the case that Zeke brought Richard because he's his right-hand man and top enforcer, and that his hot-headedness wasn't a problem until the fistfight we saw several episodes ago.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members

Richard or the kid. i figure the kid is where it will go. he'll be the reason why zeke will decide war. mostly because Morgan has trained him. if the kid dies it could force Morgans hand. which he'll tell zeke it has to happen. or something like that.

The first moment I saw him I figured the kid was a goner, then when he was apprenticed to Morgan I was certain. But the way the y connected him to Carol as well made me wonder. Maybe they're keeping him for bigger things. Unless Carol dies soon, which is a possibility.

Last time we saw the Kingdom Morgan lost his stick. That shall not stand. He will get it back, come hell or high water. That suggests a showdown at the drop-off, which further suggests either Richard or the kid dying. Richard is more expendable; the kid would have greater dramatic impact. I don't know which to go with. Or maybe there's a fight and no Kingdomer dies. That's a possibility.

By the way, if I had my vote I'd keep Richard, even though I kinda like the idea of the apprenticeship. Because it feels more and more like a mistake to have killed Abe in the face of an upcoming war. Richard fits into the Abe role well. (The tough, experienced, no-nonsense guy, not the catchphrase/awkward romance guy.) They could throw him a military background, if they haven't already.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

It seems to me that Richard sole characterization is to be desperate for war. I don't see him outliving this war, and i doubt he will even live long enough to see the war start. (unless they find other ways to make him relevant)

On the other hand, the apprentice role could still work out if they have defeated the saviors, as you could still learn new things even at peace time.

But, in any case, both are expendables, as many other characters so far...

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

I still say that if/when Rick dies, it'll herald the end of the show soon after. I've said all along that TWD will go a solid 10 seasons before the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel (ie ending the show) is in sight. So i'm going to go with 11 seasons - 12 max. 

Zvivor

Zvivor

Lurker

• Members

Used to love Michonne -- a strong, unique character. She's had no role at all since she became Judith's nanny and then Rick's love interest.   If the writers are too stupid to figure out a better role for her than Rick cheerleader and love/sex companion, they might as well kill her because all the scenes she is in are too boring to watch.    P.s.   As written, Michonne's character is weakening and ruining Rick's character, notwithstanding all the ra-ra-ra, we can do it BS conversation  between them.

If they want to save this character, have her leave Rick and Alexandria and support. them from behind.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!