So, I was writing a response to another post I created a while back.. and it got me thinking about another topic.
We're 7 seasons into the show. We've seen a lot. We've all had varying opinions on certain story arcs and signature things within the show.
My Question to you all is: At this point, what would you have done differently? What's your TWD Re-Do?
For me it's the governor storyline...
"What do you mean EXACTLY, TLP?!" Don't worry. I'll tell you.
I would have had the writers follow the Governor storyline from the comics almost to a T. (If you haven't heard that expression, google it)
Points of interest:
- Andrea would NOT have died. I hate that so many people decided to hate Andrea based on her actions. I stand by everything I said years ago, that she was acting on what she could see and discern. That blindly trusting Michonne with no proof was a stupid expectation from the fans of the show and that in the end Andrea proved what sort of person she was (a good one, who just want to believe in the good of others. She had redemption and could have become comic book Andrea easily!)
- The Governor would have cut Ricks hand off. I don't care how difficult it would have made things for Andrew Lincoln. That was so major and really changed Rick Grimes and who he was.
- Everything that happened with Daryl and Merle was great (aside from Rick and Co. letting Merle come back so easily..), so I would have left that mostly alone. I'd probably have put Glenn and Maggie in severe danger and have Merle be the one to save their lives thus earning his way back into the prison
- Michonne would have been raped by the Gov. (Yes, touchy subject but this stuff happens in the real world today and there's no reason for the show to pussy foot around that in a fictional apocalyptic setting)
- Michonne would have deformed the Gov. to get her revenge, and way beyond him losing his eye.
- Hershell biting the dust instead of Ty was fine, so I'd leave that alone. It was powerful and probably more impactful. They got that right.
- No god damn Governor redemption arc. I almost puked when they tried to make us feel sad for the Governor, that psycho asshole. Also, what a waste of the first half of season 4.
- Keep the "Kill them all!" scene EXACTLY how it was in the comic. Because that shit was intense and powerful.
- Lori redeems herself early on in Season 3 and then dies along with Judith at the end
- Keep the governors demise exactly as it was in the comic, no modified crap with his redemption arc.
Okay. That's it from me. You don't need to get as detailed as I did, but I'd love to hear what you guys would re-do.
Edited by thelastpaul, 14 February 2017 - 09:07 AM.