- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

ZombieMojo

ZombieMojo

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 131 posts

I joined back when #100 came out. It was a madhouse in here at that point. Stayed that way for quite a long while. The last year or so has been practically dead. There appears to be no active moderation happening (look at the pinned topics, and how outdated they are), and I figure it's nearly abandoned here. Why?

"You can breathe... you can blink... you can cry.. you're ALL going to be doing a lot of that."

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

I think there's two major contributing factors:

1) The debacle last year where the tv and comic boards argued over the superiority of the other caused a lot of division amongst the users of this forum. A lot of people just left altogether, while those who remained ended up sticking to one board or the other. There doesn't seem to be much overlay anymore. The comic board doesn't really attract newcomers/casual users due to its presumed exclusivity.

2) Virtually nothing has happened in the comics over the past year or so. There just isn't anything to discuss anymore. We know who the main characters are, inside and out, and there's so little plot development in each new issue, that anything of substance can be seen coming from five issues ahead. Shit, I didn't even leave my own input on the review thread for the most recent issue. All I typed was "*Yawn*". Nothing happened. No discussion is occurring in that thread.

Things won't begin to change on this forum until either the comics kick up the pace again, or the show passes by the comics, and we then spend our time comparing and contrasting the differing stories of the two mediums. Instead of bitching on the show's board how the comics did something better, we just may end up bitching on the comic's board about how the show did it better. Maybe.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,096 posts
  • LocationChemical Valley, Canada eh!

^This!

i love contrasting and comparing the comic and the show, and i despise that there isn't a safe space to discuss both mediums. it sucks having to spoiler tag everything in the tv board or risk banishment and getting belittled in the comic board for discussing the show (that hasnt happened recently but it did when i first joined).

i think the increased popularity in both the show and comic also means that forums users have more friends irl to discuss things with thus contributing to the decline in usage. also the site had alot of bugs last year so not all of the features worked properly.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Bug

Bug

Survivor

• Moderators
  • 4,150 posts
For me the disappointment has been how the show has changed - especially with that horrible cliffhanger from season 6 and the way season 7 has been going. It used to be fun to talk about the characters - who I liked and why and who bugged me. It was a guilty pleasure to care so much about them. Now it's more of a bitchfest. I'm that disappointed. Mostly I hang out in the game forum (Madame you need to visit there more).

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • 5,832 posts

The forum in general is just more unpopular. Even the TV board doesn't have as many people as it used to. Look at any google analytics for visitors and you'll see there's a very severe drop-off

The site also doesn't work on mobile anymore for a large number of users for the past TWO YEARS and the admins have absolutely given up on trying to fix it

I still read the comic every month (though I don't eagerly await it, it's more like "oh it's past the first Wednesday of the month already? Cool, I'll read it.") but I don't really post on this forum anymore. Bad moderation, no effort to listen to users, and posting on the TV board seems utterly pointless now because the show is so garbage and serviceable at this point that it's not even worth commenting on but everybody's just like "lol it's seven seasons in no point in stopping now"

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I agree with pancakes.

#2 especially

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,481 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

The whole board seems like a Ghost Town lately, even when the show is running or a new comic issue is released compared to what it used to be.

In my observations, after a while of posting it seems many people either get bored, fed up with the B.S., Kirkman trolls, or somebody says some dumb shit and people walk away (or in rare cases they're banned).

Moderation used to be more active which helped curtail some drama, though like Jesus said not everything users here have complained about has been listened to (mobile usability anyone?), so there has been some failure to communicate effectively. Most of the mods and admins here have seemed pretty hands off lately and I get it, people have lives and life shit comes up, or you get bored, or don't want to do conflict resolution anymore. I know I used to use the forums more when it worked on my phone.

People come and go. Sometimes people get fed up with the negative rhetoric spouted or the deconstructive criticism that's thrown back & forth between people. That's a big reason why I rarely post over in the TV section anymore, though honestly it's probably been like that since around Season 3 for me. Plus I've been more disappointed than not at the show for the past couple of seasons, so I don't really feel like I'd have much to add to the discussion. Every once in a while I'll give it a good college try and throw in my 0.02¢. With the show and seemingly the comics declining in popularity and good story telling I'm sure more and more people are jumping ship. Just look at the TV ratings, which are at a 4 year low. I spend most of my time in the Game Room because it helps pass the time when I have some free time at work and sometimes there's some good lulz in there and people are civil and welcoming.  The only times I really post anywhere else are when a new comic drops and I'll usually post in the issue review thread, or start one if nobody else has yet.

A lot of people that were awesome and fun no longer post here, which is a bummer. I'm sure this board will still be around for years to come and people will come and go, but I don't think it will ever be like it was back in the beginning of it's existence unless there's a huge game changer in the story that people want to talk about.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

A lot of people that were awesome and fun no longer post here, which is a bummer. 

Whatever happened to Leela, she was hilarious?!

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • 18,481 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Whatever happened to Leela, she was hilarious?!

I think she just gave up on the show after they killed off Andrea. She popped in a few times after season 3, but I think it's been a good 2 years since she's posted. She was very funny and was a great contributor to the Spencer Is Not A Meme thread, haha. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • 5,741 posts
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

2) Virtually nothing has happened in the comics over the past year or so. There just isn't anything to discuss anymore. We know who the main characters are, inside and out, and there's so little plot development in each new issue, that anything of substance can be seen coming from five issues ahead. Shit, I didn't even leave my own input on the review thread for the most recent issue. All I typed was "*Yawn*". Nothing happened. No discussion is occurring in that thread.

Again I think Pancakes hit the nail on the head with #2.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
  • 5,832 posts

Again I think Pancakes hit the nail on the head with #2.

I mean nothing's happened in the show in the past 47 episodes but people still watch it ayoooooo

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • LocationVermont

50,000* users used to post here...

...Now it's a Ghost Town.

*Not an official number count of total active users on RoamersAndLurkers.com

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Members
  • 474 posts

Your regular run of the mill message board forums in general are played out and a thing of the past. They usually end up being graveyards fast these days or never get enough people to form a proper community. Its just a sign of the times.  People instead use Facebook groups and other social media groups to discuss various topics. There are tons of TWD groups on Facebook that are thriving quite well. 

Léon Degrelle

Léon Degrelle

Infected

• Banned
  • 16 posts

boo :otis:

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • 3,573 posts
  • LocationEye Socket

Your regular run of the mill message board forums in general are played out and a thing of the past. They usually end up being graveyards fast these days or never get enough people to form a proper community. Its just a sign of the times.  People instead use Facebook groups and other social media groups to discuss various topics. There are tons of TWD groups on Facebook that are thriving quite well. 

This used to be a community and still is.  I still count many as friends here.  I don't belong to a single FB TWD group.  And I'm an avid Facebook user.  The infighting is a problem as others mentioned.  I don't post here b/c I don't read the comics.  But this topic is general so here I am.  If you hate the show (not pointing at you, Vrill), and love the comic, post here.  If you like the show, post in that forum.  It's okay to criticize either medium but there has been lots of trolling in the TV section.  I don't know about here.  The game room is lively.  And I like everyone there.

Posted Image

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • 438 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

There just aren't enough people to banter with. I still come here out of habit but find it easier to have a comic conversation outside the forum.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I've noticed a lot of users drop out over time.

It's something that happens to most if not all forums I've ever been a part of.  People get bored and move on. 

It doesn't help that the show is in it's 7th season and not on air at the moment, and that the comic is not fresh anymore or boosted by when the show first came out.  

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

There just aren't enough people to banter with. I still come here out of habit but find it easier to have a comic conversation outside the forum.

so jealous, i literally have no one irl to discuss the comic with, my friends that watch the show have also banned me from discussing the comic so i dont spoil the show for them....good thing nothing of note -besides the death of lucy- has happened in the comic so i don't feel like im missing out on good conversation.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

so jealous, i literally have no one irl to discuss the comic with, my friends that watch the show have also banned me from discussing the comic so i dont spoil the show for them....good thing nothing of note -besides the death of lucy- has happened in the comic so i don't feel like im missing out on good conversation.

What, you don't wanna talk about the deep, moving, powerful death of Father Gabriel? 

Surely we could ask "Did he have an inner ear infection? Why was he so afraid that he'd stumble and fall when he was in a perfectly safe spot? Why was he so afraid if he believes in god and an afterlife? Was he a total sham? Why was he so weak that he couldn't do a sit up to get his arms to the rungs of the ladder and crawl his ass back up to safety?" 

"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

What, you don't wanna talk about the deep, moving, powerful death of Father Gabriel? 

Surely we could ask "Did he have an inner ear infection? Why was he so afraid that he'd stumble and fall when he was in a perfectly safe spot? Why was he so afraid if he believes in god and an afterlife? Was he a total sham? Why was he so weak that he couldn't do a sit up to get his arms to the rungs of the ladder and crawl his ass back up to safety?" 

All good questions... tbh, i didnt even realize it was him til i reread it and the previous issue...

Madam Scorpious <~<133€

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

All good questions... tbh, i didnt even realize it was him til i reread it and the previous issue...

lmao me too actually. 

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

The wave has crested on the TWD.

Shit, I've been posting here for like 6 years and I totally forgot about issue 162 until this morning when I read it...

It also doesn't help that both the show (which I finally gave up on) and the comic (which isn't must read anymore) have declined so far in quality and entertainment value that Z-Nation has surpassed both in my opinion when it comes to Zombie Fun Time.

Léon Degrelle

Léon Degrelle

Infected

• Banned
  • 16 posts

If you are a time traveler or alien disguised as human and or have the technology to travel physically through time I need your help!

My life has been severely tampered with and cursed!!

I have suffered tremendously and am now dying!

I need to be able to:

Travel back in time.

Rewind my life including my age back to 4.

Be able to remember what I know now so that I can prevent my life from being tampered with again after I go back.

I am in very great danger and need this immediately!

I am aware that there are many types of time travel, and that humans do not do well through certain types.

I need as close to temporal reversion as possible, as safely as possible. To be able to rewind the hands of time in such a way that the universe of now will cease to exist.

I know that there are some very powerful people out there with alien or government equipment capable of doing just that.

If you can help me I will pay for your teleport or trip down here, Along with hotel stay, food and all expenses. I will pay top dollar for the equipment. Proof must be provided.

Also if you are one of the very few beings with the ability to edit the universe PLEASE REPLY!!!

Only if you have this technology and can help me please send me a (SEPARATE) email to:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!