Carl And Negan

davo

davo

Infected

• Members

Was Carl impressed by Negan's power? He made a couple comments towards Negan as they walked through the compound. I wonder if in a way him being young male if he saw Negans power and was impressed any by it. I noticed when Negan spoke to Carl  after speaking to his people he said that's respect. Carl walked to the railing like he was mesmerized. Carl also made a comment to him after the Harlem's he stated are they all your wives? We know Carl went there to kill him but I just wonder if he was impressed by some of what he saw.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members
I can't tell, because he's not that good an actor. But I believe we're supposed to believe Carl is impressed. He still wants to kill Negan, for now. The show will draw on Carl's pre-established Shane-side, I think, to develop him under Negan's influence. Maybe Negan will try to turn him against his father, like Shane and the ghost of Shane did.

It helps that Negan acts like a teenager himself, which I just noticed this episode. He's a high school bully who likes boobies and wants to hang with cool kids like Daryl.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

I would say Comics Carl was, somehow. Strenght is one of the things he valued the most.

But i have troubles getting in the shoes of show Carl. He seems going where the plot want him to be and not much having a persona on his own...

I think the whole episode was for us to get a better understanding of Negan and the savior inner working, beyond the skull bashing, rather than set up any character evolution for Carl... He will most likely resume his plans to get rid of Negan, as soon as he released, unless Rick manage to convince him to go in another direction, or a more impactful event happens.

Vrill

Vrill

Roamer

• Banned

After watching the last Walking Dead episode, I noticed that Negan has spent more quality time with Judith in one episode than Rick has in two seasons.

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

After watching the last Walking Dead episode, I noticed that Negan has spent more quality time with Judith in one episode than Rick has in two seasons.

Or in the whole show...

davo

davo

Infected

• Members

That's how I feel too. I just noticed that when he walked to the railing he had the body language that he was impressed. I don't know if this was intentional or it was his acting issues. I like the character but this is not the first time the fans have read his intentions with his body language either wrong or differently.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

I hope not, I hate the idea that he is in any way capable of being swayed by a man who killed Glenn and Abraham.

But I fear that's what they are doing.

tublecane

tublecane

Biter

• Members

I hope not, I hate the idea that he is in any way capable of being swayed by a man who killed Glenn and Abraham.
But I fear that's what they are doing.

It doesn't have to work the way you might be thinking. He could become more like Negan and kill every Savior who ever lived with his bare hands. Being impressed with Negan could work the way being influenced by Shane did. He didn't become Shane. He still loved his dad and followed his lead. But he was more inclined to go his own way, shoot first and ask questions later, and Real Talk his dad when he thought Rick was screwing up.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Okay, that I can see. He certainly is seeking his own path. Not so much enamored with as influenced by.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!