The End For Negan? Possible Spoilers

- - - - - #negan #kirkman #amc

Karno Dal

Karno Dal

Infected

• Members

Moviepilot.com has an article up on Kirkman's refusal to divulge the ending of the comics to anyone at AMC. Pretty boring stuff and things we've already heard from RK, but in the middle of the article was this little nugget:

Spoiler

I've not seen mention of this anywhere else. Anyone have the source for this comment?

Full article is here - http://moviepilot.co...he-walking-dead

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Past his sell by date? He's one of the very very few characters that's even interesting in the comic anymore.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

couldnt agree with you more, buzzfactory!

but ofcourse Kirkman would decide to kill him once we all love him rather then when we were all screaming for Glenn to be avenged.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
i wouldn't be surprised. however, it might be one of RKs troll tactics to get more people to buy the comic.

Rasmus

Rasmus

Infected

• Members

From a writing standpoint, it would be kind of odd for Kirkman to decide to have Negan survive All Out War, become a prisoner, and fight in a new war alongside our protagonists, only to die. I guess it will depend what the circumstances of his death are. I appreciate character deaths occurring before their story arc feels "complete" and other ways in which expectations are defied for the sake of realism, but I would hate to see a potential build-up squandered. I DON'T WANT ANOTHER ABRAHAM SITUATION!

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

If Negan dies, I stop reading this book. That's it for me.

I honestly can't say if I'd have enjoyed these past few years if Negan weren't a character in the book.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Negan is one of the few characters still interesting and has a stake in the current war. I've said all along killing Negan now is a mistake since it would be interesting to see how he interacts with others if given a second chance post war.

I know I'd be interested in seeing where Negan fits in a post Whisperer war society. Killing him now would make me question the point of even keeping him alive all this time.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Without Negan all we have is boring...........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Past his sell by date? He's one of the very very few characters that's even interesting in the comic anymore.

Agreed. Hell, Negan is basically carrying the comic by himself at this point (with some help from Dwight and Carl)

JackStraw

JackStraw

Infected

• Members

His break-up with Lucille and Dwight's subsequent admonishment to "get a hold of yourself" pretty much signals both Negan's emasculation and a new beta status. Methinks RK is probably not trolling. Neg's has one or possibly two more roles in his denouement, (finish Beta and die the satisfying death) but time is indeed nigh. Then a relatively prompt resolution to Sav's vs HT, vs Alexandria, vs Kingdom after a couple core losses. Rick eats some spinach, road trip . Hilarity ensues.

As far as the show, Negan should end sooner. In the GN AOW grew tedious and Rick's humiliation tiresome once established the first ten times. Hopefully show moves faster as Negan lacks much of the dimensional "charm" he had in the GN. 

naossano

naossano

Lurker

• Members

At this point, Negan is holding the comics on his shoulders. I can't see Rick back other than politic role, which is fine by me.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!