• LocationOnett, Eagleland

Issue 159 review

Spoiler

"There's nothing worse than unexpected lava" ~ pokecapn

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

LUCILLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

William went from mildly interesting to possible new favorite real quick.

Thank fuck he actually points out to the Spencer-Gregory-Rose family redo fucker (fucking sick and tired of that character archetype, the person who always has to fuck things up cus ''wah, i'm not seeing the bigger picture nor have forethought to my consequences if i do this stupid thing, but i'll do it cus fuck focusing on the threat, i'm gonna target people i have petty bad history with instead, wah. Stop reusing it, Kirkman, it's legit starting to be kind of groaningly irritating.) that being petty over shit and thinking about causing shit within his own group is fucking stupid during TIMES OF WAR.

Also, if Beta is shown walking later, fuck off.

He took like heavy 5 blows to the spine, each time with a loudass KRACK noise. The guy's fucking done. 

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Very disappointing issue.

The whisperers look like an incredibly weak foe since they haven't killed anyone important, and Beta shouldn't be able to walk after taking such shots to the spine.

Both Jesus and Negan were bit...Jesus in the armor and Negan to his jacket arm. If it in fact turns out Negan was bit it will be a huge letdown since this arc was built around "What happens if Rick trusts Negan once he fights the Whisperers?"

Lydia telegraphed to Carl that she does not give a fuck about him, and they probably defeated other groups by having her infiltrate like she is currently with Carl. It will be Lydia that is responsible for the Hilltop destruction because Beta can't seem to kill anyone of importance....except when Lucille gets broken on his back.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Come on, people. Carl survived a headshot. In a ZA situation. 

Beta will walk.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

RIP Lucille. Awaiting the forging of Lucille Two. Maybe that's what Sutton is doing on the cover of issue 160? It was quite the touching moment between Negan and Dwight as Lucille was passed to her master before her death, and the cheesy comic narrative-dialogue from Negan was priceless.

Dwight is a man in wolf's clothing in sheep's clothing. Clothing-ception Indeed. How long until he gets shot by one of his own?

I agree, the Whisperers are just a bunch of redshirt enemies. Save for Alpha (even in death) and Beta, there is no personality to any of them. They all seem like scared, subservient scoundrels. In the beginning, their whispering was creepy. Now, they don't whisper at all, and have full conversations in the presence of the dead with no consequences. Hell, even Beta seems like a love-sick puppy, clamoring for vengeance because reasons.

Lydia doesn't love Carl. It's obvious that Sophia does. Let's make this happen already, Kirkman!

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
anyone else wondering now if something happens to sophia? i mean possibly not but they hinted at her and Carl for a while now.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I know I will take some heat for saying this but this whole arc has been very weak in my opinion.

Maybe I am just feeling some fatigue after reading this comic for 13 years but man it seem like the quality of the story is really slipping.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I know I will take some heat for saying this but this whole arc has been very weak in my opinion.

Maybe I am just feeling some fatigue after reading this comic for 13 years but man it seem like the quality of the story is really slipping.

the problem is kirkman is killing off people we don't care about. zeke started to change but nothing great.

he wants what 300 issues? one issue a month and at this place it's way to slow. not gonna be able to stick around for another 10 yrs. he's gonna have to hire some more artists and pump out more issues.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

:2206_mourning_over_dead_friend: Lucy 

I was really hoping that the whisperers would be a more interesting foe, but it looks like theyre merely a catalyst for the collapse of the communities union... Sherry's fucking everything up at home, and Dwight is gearing up to be the target of friendly fire, so i wonder if Negan survives, will he reclaim his title, and if he dies will there be anarchy amongst the saviors like the kingdom is facing.

this whole war was way too soon, i hope that when its over we get some drama filled character developing bottle issues to make us actually care about the characters again.

I kind of wish that twd wouldve divided into separate titles for each community after AOW and gave us a few years of that instead of the time jump.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Come on, people. Carl survived a headshot. In a ZA situation. 

Beta will walk.

Glancing blow and medical care could be found at that time. It's still somewhat ridiculous and I get your point, but it's still a survivable injury, just with very little probability. 

Just saying in this case however, a man who must've gotten atleast one or two mid vertabrae's in his back shattered isnt just gonna..'' walk it off ''. It IS possible to come back from, but that's from hospital care and rehabilitation. Years of it. Beta's lying face first in a forrest. Guy by all human logic should be fucked, and as far as whisperers go, with their animal logic, best be left behind like any wounded member of a pack usually is. I mean, there's no help to get. 

What Beta just being okay would imply is that somehow his spine is tougher than Glenn's skull was.  He's tough, but the guy must have a bunch of fractures and shatter damage. It'd also imply somehow Beta can walk off spine damage in less than...what, a day or so, but Rick's knee is never healing. That's on a another level of ridiculous. 

I know it'll happen cus F logic, right? But...well, aint gonna mean I wont point out the stupidity of it. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Did someone say Lucille Two?

giphy.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Lydia doesn't love Carl. It's obvious that Sophia does. Let's make this happen already, Kirkman!

Lydia is just in it for the D. Of course and now Carl experiences his first heart break. Dummy better look behind him and realize that Sophia has been there the whole time. Plus she's his age and they went through so much shit together. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Carl and Sofia are destined to be with each other.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont
First thing. Hell, yeah. Published for the fifth time in The Walking Dead's Hacks. Not that great of a letter but hey it still counts.

Second thing. There is a chance that Beta may be saved. Remember when Ken was captured by The Whisperers and his leg was pretty messed up and they actually fixed it up for him? If they still have the ability to fix people, they could possibly try to fix Beta's back. But that's probably unlikely

Also rip Lucille. Issue 100 - 159

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont
Also to add something, how the hell are people able to find out what's happening in the new issue of The Walking Dead if it has not even hit any digital stores or comic book shops? I've seen people predict that Dwight and his army would start wearing Whisperer skins just a few to several days before the new issue came out today. It's not like issue 158, where Cliff Rathburn, the colourist of this comic, gave out pre- released issues at Vermont Comic-Con. It kind of burns out the fun of finding out what could happen in the issue when someone gives out a pretty spot-on prediction. Also, someone said in the issue 1 59 preview that on the issue 159 wiki page on The Walking Dead Wikia, the trivia had said Lucille makes her final appearance in the issue. And that was several hours before the issue would be released publicly

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Getting hit across the back with a barbed wire bat just once...ok, maybe I can give you that. But to get hit multiple times and have Beta just walk it off is absurd....not to mention getting hit with a rifle butt across the face and shaking it off. It's just not believable. Even the strongest of men don't have a iron back and skull. Unless of course Beta is actually a robot and that is why he is hiding his face.

I'm kind of sad at how badly the Whisperers have been written. You'd think they'd use guerilla tactics instead of trying to line up a zombie army like it's the revolutionary war. Hopefully the next 3 issues save this disappointing volume.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

Xactly. And I was wrong as fuck about the issue,. I actually dug it. R.I.P. Lucille I'm wearing my Saviors T-Shirt in homage.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Also to add something, how the hell are people able to find out what's happening in the new issue of The Walking Dead if it has not even hit any digital stores or comic book shops? I've seen people predict that Dwight and his army would start wearing Whisperer skins just a few to several days before the new issue came out today. It's not like issue 158, where Cliff Rathburn, the colourist of this comic, gave out pre- released issues at Vermont Comic-Con. It kind of burns out the fun of finding out what could happen in the issue when someone gives out a pretty spot-on prediction. Also, someone said in the issue 1 59 preview that on the issue 159 wiki page on The Walking Dead Wikia, the trivia had said Lucille makes her final appearance in the issue. And that was several hours before the issue would be released publicly

Comic shop owners get advanced copies early and also the different time zones they are released in. 

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Very disappointing issue.

The whisperers look like an incredibly weak foe since they haven't killed anyone important, and Beta shouldn't be able to walk after taking such shots to the spine.

Both Jesus and Negan were bit...Jesus in the armor and Negan to his jacket arm. If it in fact turns out Negan was bit it will be a huge letdown since this arc was built around "What happens if Rick trusts Negan once he fights the Whisperers?"

Lydia telegraphed to Carl that she does not give a fuck about him, and they probably defeated other groups by having her infiltrate like she is currently with Carl. It will be Lydia that is responsible for the Hilltop destruction because Beta can't seem to kill anyone of importance....except when Lucille gets broken on his back.

Jesus was wearing armor.

Negans leather Jacket was established as being strong enough to withstand a slash from a knife. 

They both made it out of that. 

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Getting hit across the back with a barbed wire bat just once...ok, maybe I can give you that. But to get hit multiple times and have Beta just walk it off is absurd....not to mention getting hit with a rifle butt across the face and shaking it off. It's just not believable. Even the strongest of men don't have a iron back and skull. Unless of course Beta is actually a robot and that is why he is hiding his face.

I'm kind of sad at how badly the Whisperers have been written. You'd think they'd use guerilla tactics instead of trying to line up a zombie army like it's the revolutionary war. Hopefully the next 3 issues save this disappointing volume.

A couple of things:

Beta is established as being a BIG dude. Remember, Negan is supposed to be a 'bigger' guy and this dude has been referred to as "big motherfucker" by Negan.

The bat was probably weakened and splintering without Negans knowledge for a few blows, thus weakening the blows on his big ass back. 

He hardly "walked away".. He had to be carried away and saved. He was badly fucked up and passed out. 

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

We know he didnt walk away, i'm more referring to if in the next issue or next one after that, he's just...up and about.  That's what I'm hoping aint happening.  Guy's big, yes, but as i said, him walking off damage to the spine in less than a day would make Rick's broken knee make no sense. That'd imply chis guy cus he's  '' big '' can walk off potential (more like he has, they're usually the first to go when the spine is injured) nerve damage and fractures to the vertabrae, but break Rick's knee once and that is never healing.  Makes sense, right? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus, I just kinda like the idea of this fearsome leader to just be left behind like a wounded member of the pack and not be given a...huge sendoff. It'd be the ultimate insult for someone who'se lived so close to their animal ways.

I know I'm talking in advance and maybe he really is fucked and I'm happy with that. We'll see.

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBills Country

I thought the group putting on the skins would have been their initial plan of attack from the start.

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

I'm pretty sure the fact that Negan said something about Beta's coat being "thick" is the official excuse for Beta walking it off. Sure, he didn't walk it off in this issue. But it's clear he'll be back before the war's over, even if they skip a week in the next two issues.

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBills Country
It's kinda lame how we're now halfway through this big "war" and the biggest death so far has belonged to an inanimate object.

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!