Comic Theory (Warning Spoilers If You Aren't Up To Date)

- - - - - comic comics theory the walking dead walking dead walking dead the

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

So I've had this in mind ever since the issue in which Lori died when The Governor was raiding the prison.  The comic strip that shows her getting shot shows her running while holding Judith and getting shot in the back by Lily.  Lily, after comprehending what she did, shot the Governor.  The thing is, there really isn't any actual proof that Judith died when Lori was shot, bringing me to my theory:

What if Lily noticed that Judith was alive and took her in as her own, out of guilt for what she had done and the newly found goodness of her heart?  Aside from there being no proof that Judith died, we have the enormous time gap from the prison to now (about 3 years I believe? give or take).  In that time gap, Judith would be about 3 or 4 years old.

I know you might be thinking "what does this have to do with anything?".  Well, I'm not saying that this has to happen now, it can happen in the near future or even later future, but what if Lily comes back into play?  We don't know who became the new leader of Woodbury, if anyone even.  Either way, Woodbury could've fallen or Lily could've just left ... and taken Judith with her.  On her travel with Judith, they could encounter Alexandria or the Hilltop, and Rick and Judith can be reunited!

What do you guys think?

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

I think Kirkman confirmed they were both eaten in a Letter Hacks once.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I think it would be terrible writing if something like that happens.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

I think Kirkman confirmed they were both eaten in a Letter Hacks once.

I apologize then, I don't read the letter hacks, just the comics.

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

I think it would be terrible writing if something like that happens.

How so?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

How so?

No offence but the idea is terrible almost as bad as having Jeff Grimes show up.....

The chances of them meeting back up after 4 plus years and the distance they would have to cover and to just get lucky enough to be in the right spot is minimal if not impossible.

Kirkman himself has stated numerous times that Judith and Lori were eaten and if anything they have reanimated as zombies. 

It would also ruin one of the greatest moments from the comic imo and remove the very reason Kirkman killed them like that in the first place. 

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

No offence but the idea is terrible almost as bad as having Jeff Grimes show up.....

The chances of them meeting back up after 4 plus years and the distance they would have to cover and to just get lucky enough to be in the right spot is minimal if not impossible.

Kirkman himself has stated numerous times that Judith and Lori were eaten and if anything they have reanimated as zombies. 

It would also ruin one of the greatest moments from the comic imo and remove the very reason Kirkman killed them like that in the first place. 

I see what you're saying.  On a side note, even if they were alive, it's not impossible for them to get all the way there.  I mean people have done it over the time there, the new group that was added a few comics ago is a good example.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I see what you're saying.  On a side note, even if they were alive, it's not impossible for them to get all the way there.  I mean people have done it over the time there, the new group that was added a few comics ago is a good example.

The Whisperers is a great example of why it would be almost impossible to get to Alexandria it shows some of the hurtles they would have to bypass. 

I know there is has been some people that have made it that far but few and far have actually traveled the distance Rick and Co. have to get to Alexandria.

There are better things coming to this story then rehashing old characters that are meaningless to the story now imo. 

I guess I am trying to say I think it would be a lazy cop out from Kirkman to do something like that.

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

The Whisperers is a great example of why it would be almost impossible to get to Alexandria it shows some of the hurtles they would have to bypass. 

I know there is has been some people that have made it that far but few and far have actually traveled the distance Rick and Co. have to get to Alexandria.

There are better things coming to this story then rehashing old characters that are meaningless to the story now imo. 

I gotchu I gotchu.  I feel like this is also a good time to bring up another theory.  It isn't my own, it's Film Theory's theory (a youtube channel made by the same person who hosts Game Theory, just in case you didn't know).  He brought up that on the show, the zombies are slowly decaying and reaching their end, bringing the new problem to be a cure (since the virus is still in the blood), bringing civilization back, and people still being in a "eat or be eaten" state of mind.  I've considered this after seeing this video but I only figured that this is unlikely because imo it would make the show and comics uninteresting.  Do you think such is possible, in the slightest bit, for either the show or the comics?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
The zombies seem to be decaying at a slower rate than normal but I could see something like this happening.

The story thus far has switched to a nation building focus imo with zombies not much of a worry anymore(besides the whisperers horde of course).

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Proof Judith died right here.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
Generally speaking, I agree w/ PT in that digging up old characters and bringing them back would be extremely weak plot. The one exception could be Alexander Davidson, but even that would be weird. There was a lot of speculation that he would return in the early ASZ arcs, but that was well before Negan showed up on the scene. Now there are way too many interesting things going on that I don't think anyone cares anymore what happened to Davidson.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada
I've always thought it would have been cool if Davidson came out of the woodwork as being a saviour, or even taking dwights spot as negans turncoat liutenant, with less wife motivation and more loyalty to asz

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

I've always thought it would have been cool if Davidson came out of the woodwork as being a saviour, or even taking dwights spot as negans turncoat liutenant, with less wife motivation and more loyalty to asz

Alexander Davidson? He's dead ...

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

Proof Judith died right here.

i don't know why i didn't see that... that's some gore right there

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Wasn't the whole Lily story addressed in the novels? I have most of them, but have only managed to read Rise of the Governor and about a quarter of Road to Woodbury. They are considered cannon to the comics, yeah?

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

_Ghost_

_Ghost_

Infected

• Members

Wasn't the whole Lily story addressed in the novels? I have most of them, but have only managed to read Rise of the Governor and about a quarter of Road to Woodbury. They are concerned cannon to the comics, yeah?

i actually didnt get to read the side story so i couldn't say

bdizzle1686

bdizzle1686

Lurker

• Members
yep, I'm not sure about road to woodbury and rise of the governor, but I know the fall of the governor parts 1 & 2 as well as descent tell the story of Lily caul, and she explicitly states the disgust she feels over murdering a baby, n how & what happened to woodbury after the prison massacre as she takes over

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
seeings how woodbury may still be a thing...doing a comic with 30 pages just shwing how far they progressed would be neat in a sense....but also wouldn't be a good idea. i guess i would rather see it visually and not read the books.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!