Ftwd Renewed For Third Season

ricky311

ricky311

Infected

• Members
Which will consist of 16 episodes this time and air in 2017. Yay!

Talking Dead: Fear is renewed too, of course.

The announcement came so fast, but multiple sources claim last week's season premiere raked in more than 8 million viewers, so of course they would renew. I am excited the show is going to stay and now I'm even more curious what they will do with the rest of season 2!

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Yes, I'm not surprised it was renewed. Even if it doesn't have the appeal or following of TWD, it is still doing very well!

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Considering Breaking Bad was below 2 million until its final season (5A), 8 million is damn good.

jaco

jaco

Roamer

• Members

Game of Thrones starts this Sunday.  I'll be curious what the ratings look like next week.

Andrew

Andrew

S-mart Employee

• Members
I would just like to have 52 weeks of walker/zombie/deadite TV, between TWD, FTWD, ZNation, Evil Dead (iZombie not included, even as filler).

ricky311

ricky311

Infected

• Members

I would just like to have 52 weeks of walker/zombie/deadite TV, between TWD, FTWD, ZNation, Evil Dead (iZombie not included, even as filler).

That would be awesome! Though I personally couldn't get into ZNation...

I also read somewhere that AMC has gained the rights to another zombie show based on the Romero comic series Empire of the Dead. So the all year zombie-fest might be possible if the Romero show will fill up the gap between FTWD and TWD, or maybe their midseason breaks. But AFAIK there hasn't even been a release window announced, so it still might be years before we get that show on air, if at all.

Andrew

Andrew

S-mart Employee

• Members

That would be awesome! Though I personally couldn't get into ZNation...
I also read somewhere that AMC has gained the rights to another zombie show based on the Romero comic series Empire of the Dead. So the all year zombie-fest might be possible if the Romero show will fill up the gap between FTWD and TWD, or maybe their midseason breaks. But AFAIK there hasn't even been a release window announced, so it still might be years before we get that show on air, if at all.

We should just have a zombie genre on par with "reality TV", "news", "documentaries"..."zombies", with a dozen channels competing for our viewership.

The Romero series would be awesome, if he downplays the vampire aspect and ups the zombies. Vampires are so 2006.

omegaman

omegaman

Roamer

• Members

I just watched 28 days & weeks later. What a great pair of movies. I'd totally watch a show set in that universe if it captured the feel of the movies.

ricky311

ricky311

Infected

• Members

We should just have a zombie genre on par with "reality TV", "news", "documentaries"..."zombies", with a dozen channels competing for our viewership.

The Romero series would be awesome, if he downplays the vampire aspect and ups the zombies. Vampires are so 2006.

Too much of the same thing might kill the zombie craze that's going on. Although, I personally could never have too much zombies lol

Yeah, spot on. I pretty much gave up on vampires after Buffy. That was 2002? The vampires that came after that were imo ridiculous and overpowered >_<;

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!