• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
How many walkers do you think were in the barn. I'm thinking about 20.

Zpoc

Zpoc

Infected

• Members
  • 89 posts
I was going to say 15+

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
In the quick glimpse we got I counted 14.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationColorado
I think you definitely were in the 10 plus range, of course we didn't see the entire barn either, just what Glenn saw from his angle. So I'll again 10-15 easily, if not more.
Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
15 walkers wouldn't be to hard to take care off I think xsaint? T-Dogg, Darryl, Shane, Rick, Glenn and Andrea should be able to take care of it.

As long as they took them out one at a time and kept moving. Melee style!

Edited by zombiehunter, 16 November 2011 - 08:35 PM.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationColorado
Actually I'd just kill them from the loft. Daryl's arrows, some quick shots and it's taken care of.

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
But Darryl only has one arrow left. And too many gunshots may draw others to the area.

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationColorado
You'd be surprised how easy it is to make more arrows out of wood if you know what you're doing and clearly Daryl does. Also the barn is going to absorb some of the sound.

I still thing these guys are overdue for whatever it is (silencer or suppressor) that cuts down gun noise. Of course the problem is Hershel isn't going to just let them do it either.

Edited by xaviersaint, 16 November 2011 - 09:15 PM.

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
For a static kill zone like the barn I would use a fishing bow setup to retrieve the arrows, or use a Jorg Sprave slingshot. (Sprave has a bunch of videos on youtube)

LookieDrew

LookieDrew

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 168 posts

You'd be surprised how easy it is to make more arrows out of wood if you know what you're doing and clearly Daryl does. Also the barn is going to absorb some of the sound.

I still thing these guys are overdue for whatever it is (silencer or suppressor) that cuts down gun noise. Of course the problem is Hershel isn't going to just let them do it either.

I dunno about adding that to the show. I mean, it would make sense they should use it, yes? But from our stand point, how boring would it be to see the people have the ultimate weapon at all times? Just seems like it would get too easy & leading it to becoming boring.
I write something here and it shows up under everything I say? Sweet!

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

A.W.D.N.

• Administrators
  • 1,874 posts
  • LocationColorado
Well ya for the sure, any good strategy would be bad for the excitement level. ZH said "He'd" so we were talking about us in that situation not so much in the show itself.

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
My guess would be ~15 or so

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,764 posts
  • LocationTennessee
Go to You Tube and do a search on silence/suppressors and give it a good listen... those things only work in hollywood. They don't actually create the whispered pfft sound that we've seen in the movies. If anything it would cut down on the report of the gun and it wouldn't echo ... but everyone within at least 100 feet would hear it quite clearly.

I estimated 15+ as well, that's quite a few walkers ... makes me wonder how Hershel managed to get them all in there without anyone getting bit.
The big question still remains as to WHY? Folks (here) have speculated, family members, town members and his insane notion that there may be a cure someday and that he has to save these people.
It's definitely a weird twist to any Zombie related story that's for sure.

I've had thoughts to include in my own story of a nutjob who digs a deep trench with a back hoe and lures zeds into it over a period of time and then pours in gasoline or diesel from a drum then has a bbq... we'll see.

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

ilovethisshow

ilovethisshow

Infected

• Members
  • 60 posts
o i think i know how he got them in there! ok well some of them wereinfected but not dead or in a comma nd he attempted to treat them in the barn but locked it when he realized nothing could be done and im surprised no one has brought this up but i noticed how someone said like dont kill it hershel wants to deal with the walkers maybe there is a connection there
Texas would be the safest place during a Zombie Apocalypse...just saying

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
I've got a tantalizing question...how do you think the walkers will get loose?

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • 2,764 posts
  • LocationTennessee

One of two ways that I can see.
They'll either bust the door down or someone, could be Hershel, in an stupid attempt to run Rick and the gang off his property will set them loose hoping that they'll get rid of the "interlopers".

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

zombiehunter

zombiehunter

Biter

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  • LocationCanada
Maybe a few large spears from above.

I bet they get out when Hershel tries to put one inside.

SplittinAdam

SplittinAdam

Infected

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationWI
Anyone have a high-res image of the barn zombies?

Spoiler

EChappelle

EChappelle

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationUSA

How many walkers do you think were in the barn. I'm thinking about 20.

In the scene, there are16 shown. But I agree, that there could be a few shy Z'eds in the shadows.
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival." - C.S Lewis (apologeticst)

Anost

Anost

Infected

• Members
  • 15 posts

My guess is Merle comes back and then lets them all out while everyone is asleep as his revenge.

First: They find sophia early episode, Daryl brings her back. She's alive and well.

Second: The group agree that they will be moving on, but will stay for one more night.

Third: Merle lets zombies out of barn while people sleep.

Fourth: A zombie bites Sophia, turning her.

Five: Daryll explodes with rage. Kills Merle.

Edited by Anost, 19 November 2011 - 11:27 PM.

Merle Dixon

Merle Dixon

Biter

• Banned
  • 2,345 posts
  • LocationWoodbury Georgia
id say at least 15-20 walkers in the barn
Posted Image

TheLibrarian

TheLibrarian

Lurker

• Members
  • 972 posts
14-20. Definitely no less than 13.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym

NathanAllen

NathanAllen

Infected

• Members
  • 1 posts
Regardless if Hershel's sane, I strongly feel that it is reasonable to assume people would not be able to let go of their loved one; even if they turned.

Examples:
Movie: Romero's Dawn of the Dead; one of most intense scenes in the movie is Roger and his SWAT team clearing the apartment building of the residents and their un-dead family members. Probably the first example of zombie sympathy.
Movie: Remake Dawn of the Dead; Andre strapping Luda down as she turns in order to deliver their zombie baby.
Short Story: This Year's Class Picture by Dan Simmons, the teacher maintains a class of zombie students; protecting and attempting to reach them. Major difference is she's very practical having chained them down and removed their teeth.

I'm glad that the graphic novels and the TV Series are delving into this, but sadly the TV Series is somewhat heavy handed, Hershel's wrong; the survivors have a new problem to solve. In Season One again the issue was glossed over with Andrea doing the right thing.

Very interesting sub-plot in the Zombie Apocalypse genre; since without either rapid moving zombies or an airborne delivery mechanism it does allow for the critical mass of infected in order to overwhelm organized resistance.

Soni 78

Soni 78

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
My first post, so go easy on me lol

My friend and I were discussing the spoiler earlier today and here's what we came up with:

Spoiler

Edited by Soni 78, 21 November 2011 - 07:02 AM.

shannon28

shannon28

Infected

• Members
  • 3 posts
I wonder if Hershel's wife and stepson were infected trying to help the others in the barn or leading walkers in there? Maybe Hershel's guilt plays into keeping them all in the barn.

Edited by shannon28, 21 November 2011 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!