What Does The Cdc Sign Mean?

- - - - -

Elinevandebuerie

Elinevandebuerie

Infected

• Members

Hi ! 

In S01E03 we see how a military guy sprays a sign on the houses. It's like a big X and in one quadrant of the X he put a C, but I didn't see what the rest was... Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what the sign means? I've been wondering forever now...  :wallmad:

Thanks ! x

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

That is used in real life (such as after Hurricane Katrina), from the search and rescue teams that go into homes to look for people. I couldn't remember everything off the top of my head, but each section of the "X" means something. 

I copied this from wiki:

In the United States, a different FEMA marking system is used on searched structures, as follows:

A single diagonal slash indicates that a search in the building is in progress. This is used to indicate searcher locations and to avoid duplication of the search effort.
An X inside a square means "Dangerous - Do Not Enter!"
An X with writing around it means "Search Completed", with the time (and the date if appropriate) written above the X, the team conducting the search written to the left side of the X, the results of the search (number of victims removed, number of dead, type of search such as primary or secondary) written below the X, and any additional information noted about the structure to the right of the X.
These x-codes[7] are used in a variety of situations and were prolific (and adopted and modified by other agencies) during post-Katrina operations.

Here is a picture of what they mean too:

SAR_zpshhgcg6qe.jpg

Elinevandebuerie

Elinevandebuerie

Infected

• Members

Thanks! Now I finally know :D

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!