- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
Can someone please explain to me how zombies become zombies?

I have watched all of the episodes and the definite clear cut way of becoming a zombie is being bitten by one. However, in the S1 episode where Rick and Glenn leave the dept store to go to get the truck, they put zombie blood/parts all over them and I believe Rick said something like "Be sure none of it gets on your skin" or something to that effect. Now is this because they could become a zombie merely if the blood touched their skin or does it have to enter through a cut/scratch or the eyes or something like that?

When Andrea was waiting for her sister to turn, her sister's blood got all over her but she didn't get infected. Also, when Darryl got injured and took on those zombies I was almost positive that some of their blood might have gotten into one of his cuts but he seems ok.

If a zombie scratches you and draws blood, will that turn you?

If a zombie's blood gets on your skin, could it somehow be absorbed and turn you into a zombie?

Is it possible that one of the transmission ways is airborne (not by their breath - that would be comical, but I was thinking of something more along the lines of sneezing...do zombies even do that)?

I wonder if we will ever learn any backstory about how the zombie apocalypse all came about...

UniformSierra

UniformSierra

Lurker

• Members
  • 208 posts
Some folks say the disease is airborne and everybody has it, and that the only way to turn is through death. Bites create an infection which causes death, and anybody that dies reanimates as a walker.

That's what I've heard. I don't know about the rest, as it might just be poor writing.

Royta

Royta

Infected

• Members
  • 9 posts
> don't get the blood on your skin
I think this is just a precaution, you never know. It could cause an infection or just a rash, which they don't have the medicen to deal with. They don't know anything about the virus, or whatever it is, so they have to be carefull.

> how do you get infected
Spoilers for comics and probably lateron in the series:
Spoiler

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts

Can someone please explain to me how zombies become zombies?

It's what happens when you drink Soda with Pop Rocks.

Posted Image

whirlypop

whirlypop

Infected

• Members
  • 54 posts
from what i read:

Spoiler

Edited by whirlypop, 15 November 2011 - 02:50 PM.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Depending on the zombieverse (yea I sooo stole that word) ur in. The basic zombie is a body risen from the dead. Causes for.it range from space radiation..etc. or you got infected humans that's still alive but pretty much a zombie but still alive. For the most part it comes in 2 flavors...dead flesh risen &/or a infected human. If you cut its head off & its still snapping @ cha you got a zombie. If the head is removed & its dead...that's a infected human. Thus far the walkers seem more on the actual dead side but @ times its hard to tell due to use not having enough info.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Zombieverseā„¢

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts
Thanks for answering my questions!

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
Awwwwww now its trademarked!

Zombieverseā„¢

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts
Well.......

first you need a mommy and daddy zombie.
And then they...... man didn't you learn this in school? The public education system has really gone down the tubes :)

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts

Well.......

first you need a mommy and daddy zombie.
And then they...... man didn't you learn this in school? The public education system has really gone down the tubes :)

But how come I never see any zombie babies!?!?!

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

There was one in Dawn of the Dead

Attached File  zombie_baby.jpg   32.46KB   61 downloads

JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo

Infected

• Members
  • 19 posts

There was one in Dawn of the Dead

Attached File  zombie_baby.jpg   32.46KB   61 downloads

I was referring to TWD but that zombie baby is pretty creepy!

sunonmars

sunonmars

Lurker

• Members
  • 243 posts
Zombie babies, urgh, i still get creeped out at that one scene a few episodes back where T-dog looked in the back seat and the baby car seat with just covered in blood. That one scene i just found completely disturbing and you could see T-dog just about to break up when he saw it.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Administrators
  • 3,274 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond

And in Peter Jacksons Dead Alive (AKA Brain Dead)

Attached Files

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Posted Image

Troyusccsuf

Troyusccsuf

Infected

• Members
  • 2 posts
If everyone is already infected and when you die you reanimate how does one explain all the bodies in the cars at the highway pile up scene from the first episode this season?

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

If everyone is already infected and when you die you reanimate how does one explain all the bodies in the cars at the highway pile up scene from the first episode this season?

Some had head trauma from accidents and maybe they had strokes or heart attacks that damaged the brain enough that they weren't functional enough to turn.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN

In one of the talking dead epsoides the creator said this would be explained AND the zed herds would be to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!