- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts
This is a spoiler so if you haven't read the comic and don't wanna know...get outta here (j/k)!

OK, Robert Kirkman recently did an interview where he talked about one of my favorite characters from the comic joining the show. It's a woman and her name is Michonne!!!! As a female viewer of TWD, in my opinion, the women have been lagging in the kick-ass department. Andrea's trying to get there, in the comic she's pretty awesome but right now, on the show, she's meh.

As for Michonne, Kirkman confirmed that the Samurai sword-wielding chick will cross over to the show.

"She was introduced pretty early on in Vol. 4 of the comic books," says Kirkman. "Whether we'll move that up or have it happen at a later date, we haven't figured out. But I will say that she's definitely going to be in the show eventually."

Michonne reminds me of a female, African-American version of Daryl. Instead of a bow, she has a katana, and she's not the squirmy-type either. Could you imagine those two together? Granted he gets over his racist tendencies, but beyond that...maybe? Who do you think could play her? My top pick is Traci Thoms.

Attached Files

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

Cynical Cadaverous Creeper

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond
I think Naomie Harris would play the part perfectly. I loved her in the Pirate movies and in 28 Days Later.

Attached Files

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon
Dellamorte Dellamore ... 'Of Death of Love'

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

I think Naomie Harris would play the part perfectly. I loved her in the Pirate movies and in 28 Days Later.

I love Naomie too. She's working on the new James Bond movie Skyfall right now. Her career is skyrocketing.

Edited by Sonaliegh, 14 November 2011 - 08:13 PM.

SoSueMe

SoSueMe

Roamer

• Members
  • 258 posts
If only they could tweak the character to be Hispanic, Michelle Rodrigues would be amazing. Or, create a new character to cast her as.
I didn't come here to hurt you, but now I can't stop.

Cheetara86

Cheetara86

Infected

• Members
  • 22 posts
I actually would love to see Gina Torres in the role.But, I love Naomie Harris too.

Edited by Cheetara86, 14 November 2011 - 08:24 PM.

Zprime

Zprime

Roamer

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • LocationKnoxville TN
I've not read the comics so I'm in the dark here. But plz tell me this isn't some ninja chick who's gonna be swinging some sword with expert skill. Please dear lord don't let that be the case. A survivor sure...but not some ninja chick flipping slicing & dicing thru a zombie herd.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Zoe Saldana

Posted Image]

Edited by Jonathan, 14 November 2011 - 08:39 PM.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond
Oh good grief. She would be a horrible choice, IMO. ;)

"One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad' ~Sheldon

Buckeyegeek

Buckeyegeek

Roamer

• Members
  • 212 posts

Oh good grief. She would be a horrible choice, IMO. ;)

I love Zoe but she is too frail looking to be Michonne. Michonne is more like a Gina Torres body type.

mikemcdee

mikemcdee

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHastings, NE, USA

I've not read the comics so I'm in the dark here. But plz tell me this isn't some ninja chick who's gonna be swinging some sword with expert skill. Please dear lord don't let that be the case. A survivor sure...but not some ninja chick flipping slicing & dicing thru a zombie herd.

Not so much that she's a badass ninja but more of a badass badass. I think the writers and showrunners have to be very careful as to how you bring her into the show. She is so beloved by the comic community that if you do it wrong it would ruin the show. I for one am in the camp that can't wait to see her on the small screen. The silhouette of her walking up with the two friends in chains would be a great way to end an episode.Posted Image

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Perhaps you guys missed "Colombiana"?

Posted Image

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

Not so much that she's a badass ninja but more of a badass badass. I think the writers and showrunners have to be very careful as to how you bring her into the show. She is so beloved by the comic community that if you do it wrong it would ruin the show. I for one am in the camp that can't wait to see her on the small screen. The silhouette of her walking up with the two friends in chains would be a great way to end an episode.Posted Image

THIS!! This is why I love the girl. So badass. It will be interesting to see how they'll bring such a strong female character onto the scene. Right now the only person who has a similar tone of badassery is Daryl, which is why I'd love to see those two together killing zombies left and right.

Mr Horton

Mr Horton

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts
For me, as mentioned above, it would have to be Michelle Rodriguez >

Posted Image

kyuball

kyuball

Infected

• Members
  • 35 posts

Spoiler

She is definitely badass...

THIS!! This is why I love the girl. So badass. It will be interesting to see how they'll bring such a strong female character onto the scene. Right now the only person who has a similar tone of badassery is Daryl, which is why I'd love to see those two together killing zombies left and right.

As for this notion, there is a topic/ thread out there regarding this matter. I know it sounds a bit self serving because I started the thread, but I would love to hear opinions for those who have one regarding this matter as it has been nagging on my mind a bit:

http://www.roamersan...yl-vs-michonne/

Also, my vote is Traci Thoms! My God, she was exactly the way I pictured Michonne in my mind!! She was in that Grindhouse flick as a badass, too, wasn't she? I think they should steer claer of pin-up types like Zoe Saldana and Michelle Rodriguez as they don't fit the bill of the character unless there is going to be a drastic alteration of character make-up and history...

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
You can have a badass actress, but they also have to have good face drama.. This is a tv drama afterall. It's not going to be an all-out action series, based on what we've seen so far. So even as badass as this actress has to be at times, you also need good close up emotional acting.

I'm not only picking Saldana because she's hot.
Her features and emotion up close are what set her apart, for me.

kyuball

kyuball

Infected

• Members
  • 35 posts

You can have a badass actress, but they also have to have good face drama.. This is a tv drama afterall. It's not going to be an all-out action series, based on what we've seen so far. So even as badass as this actress has to be at times, you also need good close up emotional acting.

I'm not only picking Saldana because she's hot.
Her features and emotion up close are what set her apart, for me.

Point taken (+1.) And with some talk out there (speculative and half joking, yes... but out there) of Daryl + Michonne, I guess it would take a REALLY HOT black chick to get a racist to see things in a different light...;-) But is Traci Thoms' close up acting that bad? I don't know... If I remember correctly, the Grindhouse role wasn't exactly an acting tour-de-force and I have not seen her in anything esle I can remember. I guess y'all would know better...

Sonaliegh

Sonaliegh

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 121 posts

Point taken (+1.) And with some talk out there (speculative and half joking, yes... but out there) of Daryl + Michonne, I guess it would take a REALLY HOT black chick to get a racist to see things in a different light...;-) But is Traci Thoms' close up acting that bad? I don't know... If I remember correctly, the Grindhouse role wasn't exactly an acting tour-de-force and I have not seen her in anything esle I can remember. I guess y'all would know better...

Traci's pretty good. She was in Rent the movie,The Devil Wears Prada, and Descent. She was also in the TV shows Wonderfalls and Cold Case. For what she's been given she's good but her character in Grindhouse is the closest role to Michonne, especially towards the end when they're getting fed up with Kurt Russell's crap.

As for the possibility for Daryl and Michonne as a couple, I think it would work because it would bring more drama. She's a badass black chick who is intellectually and physical capable. She's not soft. She can go toe-to-toe with him. If they butt heads, then turn into allies, and maybe something more that would be a good progression to watch. Plus, if they got together and Merle came back to see it, that would be even more drama because he'd be stuck between them. Daryl would have to stand up to his brother once and for all. They could do a lot with it if they write it correctly.

Zpoc

Zpoc

Infected

• Members
  • 92 posts
I think Rosario Dawson would make a great Michonne.

Attached File  rosario-dawson-20061001-165263.jpg   16.42KB   56 downloads

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Agent of Zombie Destruction

• Members
  • 13,352 posts
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
Traci definitely looks the part that's for sure.
Rosario Dawson would be great to look at for sure - I don't know if she would be a good Michonne. I just can't see her wielding a katana as much as it would be awesome to see her swinging one around. hahaha. *mind out of gutter*

As far as Zoe Saldana... thats a maybe too. I haven't seen Colombiana.. maybe I'll have to check it out. I'm guessing it won't be anybody we know about ultimately... though who knows.

And as far as Michelle Rodriguez... I think she'd be awful. Yes she plays the pissed off 24/7 badass chick, but there is a lot of depth to Michonne's character that I think you'd be hard pressed to get an acceptable performance out of Rodriguez. She dies in like every movie she's been in, except Battle L.A. right? She always looks like she's rolling or tripping on 10 different drugs and IMHO she's a pretty sub par actress.

Nocturne

Nocturne

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 162 posts

Just what I was going to say, I hate all that ninja crap. I know you can argue the show is surreal at times but that would just make it ridiculous, it's so the day before yesterday, yawn... No doubt she'll get way too much screen time too,

Mr Horton

Mr Horton

Infected

• Members
  • 7 posts

And as far as Michelle Rodriguez... I think she'd be awful.
She dies in like every movie she's been in, except Battle L.A. right?
She always looks like she's rolling or tripping on 10 different drugs and IMHO she's a pretty sub par actress.

That's not her fault - she goes by what is written in the script and how she is directed. Sort of like blaming Norman Reedus for Daryl being a racist.

NoRiceForYou

NoRiceForYou

Lurker

• Members
  • 39 posts
It would never work with Zoe Saldana because she's too pretty. Mich isn't the pretty type...

If Angela Bassett was younger, 30ish at least, she would be the perfect Mich.

Naomi Harris would be good too, but she's already done the Zombie thing.

Zpoc

Zpoc

Infected

• Members
  • 92 posts

It would never work with Zoe Saldana because she's too pretty. Mich isn't the pretty type...

If Angela Bassett was younger, 30ish at least, she would be the perfect Mich.

Naomi Harris would be good too, but she's already done the Zombie thing.

Funny, I thought Angela Bassett too, if she were younger. I thought the same for Pam Grier. If they were only still in their early 30's.

Living Dead Grrrl

Living Dead Grrrl

• Administrators
  • 3,275 posts
  • LocationThe Beyond

Perhaps you guys missed "Colombiana"?

Posted Image

That movie looked like it was horrid rubbish! The trailer alone proved it to me before seeing the 29% it has on Rotten Tomatoes! :P

I still think Naomi Harris would rock the part but I doubt she will be cast.

Jonathan

Jonathan

Lurker

• Members
  • 436 posts
Not saying it was a good movie.
I'm saying it proved she can play the badass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!