The Walking Dead 153 Cover & Predictions

- - - - - april 2016 new

I Heart Penny

I Heart Penny

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada

The-Walking-Dead-153_Cover.jpg

Here's the new issue of walking dead, due in April 2016. I would link to walkingdead.com where my friend found it but I think they took it down. Too spoilery maybe. :P

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Heavy hangs the head... that wears the crown? Hmm... well we now know Rick survives 150. I wonder who's blood that is. 

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Something tells me the events of #150 will weigh on Rick, as the blood indicates it is that of someone close to him...or a death he regrets.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England

If it's been taken down, nice catch, I Heart Penny.

I'm kind of relieved to see Rick makes it through 150 alive at least, I don't think I'm anywhere near ready to see him die yet.

It's been interesting to see him struggle to cope with managing people in the last few issues, to the extent that he'd even approach Negan for advice with keeping people in line. The size of the community and the alliance he basically leads now dwarfs anything The Governor and Negan headed up in the past it seems, so he's going to be pushed to the limit of his abilities again in order to try and meet the challenge ahead. I think I'll enjoy seeing him trying to use all he's learnt so far as he's reluctantly dragged into another war.

I Heart Penny

I Heart Penny

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Yeah the cover was in a post on the main page also talking about the new walking dead colouring book coming out (seems like everyone is doing one of those now), I'm sure brian will re-post it tomorrow when 150 comes out.

Also I agree Agent, watching Rick slowly become a manipulative politician has been really cool so far. Personally I don't think Rick is going to make it to the end of the series, but the past ten issues or so have convinced me this is still very much Rick's story.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

Nice catch!

Personally, I'm really not feeling this cover.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Looks like Rick had some bad tacos...

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Haha! Ate some bad Chipotle.

The link in the first post looks to be broken. Here is the cover, again!

The-Walking-Dead-153_Cover.jpg

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

I feel like this is Rick thinking about releasing Negan. The blood is a representation of all the victims of Negan and Rick is deciding to either follow his conscience of getting Negan out or remember all of what Negan did.

That, or Rick Grimes now Lieutenant Commander Steve McGarrett from Hawaii Five-0, and we're investigating crime scenes!

vtpxj5n.png

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Also, anyone remember Maggie saying "Heavy Hangs The Head" in Issue #131? Could this also relate to Maggie as well because her hubby was bludgeoned by Negan?

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

negan domes maggie!? negan and lucille are in the same place right now... negan has to kill someone. why not someone that has said the title of the issue out loud?

Mr.Creeper

Mr.Creeper

Infected

• Members

negan domes maggie!? negan and lucille are in the same place right now... negan has to kill someone. why not someone that has said the title of the issue out loud?

I think you are onto something with that^^^. Rick must pay for not killing Negan at the end of AOW. I think Lucille the vampire bat is going to quench her thirst shorty.

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBills Country

Good prediction. Nobody wanted Negan executed more than Maggie did. It would be the ultimate postmortem " I told you so" moment for Rick.

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

I think if Negan domes anyone, it is going to be Brandon. I have a few reasons for thinking this, and among those reasons are: wanting to build trust with Rick, this has that "Spencer" feel to it, it'd be too risky to escape alive, and ego.

Negan's ego NEEDS Rick to free him from his cell and will keep trying to build trust in order to do so. It's all a game to Negan and it's exactly something he would do. About 11 issues ago Negan had an open cell door with NO ONE aware that the door was even locked until RIck came to visit the cell. So why the hell would he just take up some little shit looking for him to do his dirty work? Doesn't add up.

I see Negan briefly escaping and dodging into a house with Brandon. By pure accident Negan is reunited with Lucille and says some hilarious shit. After all this time Lucille is thirsty and feeds Brandon to her. With the community in a panic looking for him, Negan surrenders himself but points out how he killed someone that let him out to kill all of them yet he did not. Negan tells the people of Alexandria that they can lock him up all they want, but they need him. Because he is the baddest motherfucker they have and will kill every single Whisperer in exchange for his freedom.

If this plays out this way, Negan could go full on Patton on the Whisperers and win over all the people. Then with everyones support and the Saviors backing him again, you have the Saviors 2.0 with Negan fucking more wives than ever before!

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
I feel like that's the most likely course of action, but I can't help but entertain the notion of the off the wall shock value shit going down

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Just under two more weeks until we see the escaped Negan, more radio voices, and Whisperers lurking about

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

I dont think Negan will kill anyone, hes trying to gain Ricks trust, killing a kids not really the way to do that, if hes just planning on running away, he'll do everything he can to make sure no one comes after him, if he kills anyone, thats only gonna fuel Ricks desire to recapture him.

I dont think hes stupid enough to go with the kids plan, he already lost fighting against Rick, really dont think hes stupid enough to fight again, without his army, and even more so now that each community is a lot bigger, and more united and more to fight for than ever before.

Hes either killing no one or as many as he possibly can, which will only lead in his death, and Kirkman must have bigger and better plans than that for him.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members

well he also knows rick isnt going to kill him, the same way rick knew negan wouldn't kill him.. kinda cool to see the tables turned. i still think he'll shank the kid as a gesture of goodwill.. or maybe he gets the kid to go with a plan to ambush rick, and turns him in. i could see him reasoning to rick that he couldn't let the little shit go with that kind of intent.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Negan isn't really a conventional person and has a flair for expressing his point. He isn't the sort to escape with a kid that wants Rick dead, only to leave Brandon alive and tattle him out to Rick.  

Brandon just isn't going to live. Especially once Negan finds out Brandon attacked his little buddy Carl. Negan always had a soft spot for Carl and probably moreso than ever does now since Carl had regular talks with him while imprisoned.

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

Negan's a smart dude and is going to have to play his escape close to the vest.  By this point he knows that he is safer in the company of Rick than Carl.  I know a lot of people want Negan and Carl to be buddies, but Carl still wants him dead.  There would also be no reason for him to take over the Whisperers because Negan (like Rick) wanted to rebuild civilization.  The way the Whisperers live wouldn't appeal to him.  He also wouldn't want to destroy everything Rick has built because then he'd essentially have to start over. 

Negan has worked hard trying to build Rick's trust; killing Brandon would erase all the progress he's made.  I think his only chance to get away is to go back to the Saviors and use them to ally with Rick in the impending conflict.  I think once the Whisperers are dispatched then Negan will use that opportunity to usurp Rick.  Granted that will still be difficult because Negan helped Rick become idolized again.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Knowing this book we wont even see Negan next issue..................

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBills Country

The way the Whisperers live wouldn't appeal to him. 

We all know Negan's stance on rape, so I'm sure he'd be happy to help take the Whisperers out.

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

Negan is fully aware the Whisperers are out there wearing skin suits and make the perfect boogeyman to rally against. Negan isn't going to join the Whisperers. It's questionable if he'd even want to go back to leading the Saviors considering how the war ended

Dr_Scientist, Negan has a soft spot for Carl, but I never said Carl had that same soft spot in return.

I'd be surprised if next issue Negan becomes buddies with Brandon and doesn't kill him. It's one of those things where I hope he isn't trying to hide on a truck to escape out of there only to get tossed back into jail like a bitch.

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

Knowing this book we wont even see Negan next issue..................

I have a feeling that the last panel we see this issue is Negan waiting in Rick's house with Brandon tied up and Lucille in hand.

We all know Negan's stance on rape, so I'm sure he'd be happy to help take the Whisperers out.

Completely agree.

Not sure why I got downvoted in my previous post.  Seems like someone can't handle differing opinions.  Oh well, downvotes are dumb anyways.

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

Negan is fully aware the Whisperers are out there wearing skin suits and make the perfect boogeyman to rally against. Negan isn't going to join the Whisperers. It's questionable if he'd even want to go back to leading the Saviors considering how the war ended

Dr_Scientist, Negan has a soft spot for Carl, but I never said Carl had that same soft spot in return.

I'd be surprised if next issue Negan becomes buddies with Brandon and doesn't kill him. It's one of those things where I hope he isn't trying to hide on a truck to escape out of there only to get tossed back into jail like a bitch.

I can see how you might've thought my Negan prediction was directed at you, but it wasn't.  I just wanted to offer a different perspective.  And since you had posted an interesting take on what Negan could do in his situation I wanted to put my two cents in while the subject was brought up.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!