When Was Deanna Bitten By A Walker?

Deanna bite bitten

puppaboo

puppaboo

Infected

• Members
In season 6 finale, Deanna supposedly is bitten by a walker. I saw what looked like a bite on her left side, but they did not show Deanna getting bit. I have watched that scene about 10 times in slow motion from the time Deanna first comes into frame to assist Rick until the part where Rick pulls her up off the saw blade that impaled her left leg. Before Deanna fell it was feasible that a walker could have bit her on her right shoulder even though you couldn't see it happening, but Deanna was supposedly bitten on her left side, right? So then after Deanna fell onto the saw blade that definitely impaled her left leg, a walker came very close to biting her again, but did not. The walker did not have any blood or flesh around its mouth either. Deanna was not bleeding before she fell, but when Rick pulled her up she was bleeding on her left side. The bite went through both shirts. Even though the saw blade impaled her leg, they did not show that her leg was injured. So, my questions are: when did Deanna get bit by a walker? Was the so called bite actually from the "teeth" of the saw blade? Was this a continuity problem or did I miss something? It's odd as well that she decided to shoot walkers at the end instead of shooting herself which in itself leads one to believe that if she did not get bitten she ended up getting eaten for sure.

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.

It could have been from the initial wall falling down. Remember we see Rick on the ground with walkers closing in, we don't see her until she started to help rick. 

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

In season 6 finale, Deanna supposedly is bitten by a walker. I saw what looked like a bite on her left side, but they did not show Deanna getting bit. I have watched that scene about 10 times in slow motion from the time Deanna first comes into frame to assist Rick until the part where Rick pulls her up off the saw blade that impaled her left leg. Before Deanna fell it was feasible that a walker could have bit her on her right shoulder even though you couldn't see it happening, but Deanna was supposedly bitten on her left side, right? So then after Deanna fell onto the saw blade that definitely impaled her left leg, a walker came very close to biting her again, but did not. The walker did not have any blood or flesh around its mouth either. Deanna was not bleeding before she fell, but when Rick pulled her up she was bleeding on her left side. The bite went through both shirts. Even though the saw blade impaled her leg, they did not show that her leg was injured. So, my questions are: when did Deanna get bit by a walker? Was the so called bite actually from the "teeth" of the saw blade? Was this a continuity problem or did I miss something? It's odd as well that she decided to shoot walkers at the end instead of shooting herself which in itself leads one to believe that if she did not get bitten she ended up getting eaten for sure.

When she fell on the blade, there was a walker on the ground. So, I'm pretty sure that's when she was bitten.

They assumed her wound on her side was from the blade, but when Michonne inspected it closer, that's when they realized it was bite. When Rick was helping Deanna to the house you can see blood coming from her side and her upper leg.

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama

When she fell on the blade, there was a walker on the ground. So, I'm pretty sure that's when she was bitten.

They assumed her wound on her side was from the blade, but when Michonne inspected it closer, that's when they realized it was bite. When Rick was helping Deanna to the house you can see blood coming from her side and her upper leg.

On TTD they said that she was bitten when she fell.

For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

Thanos

Thanos

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationLondon
Yeah she got bit by the Walker when she fell on the saw.

Zombie_killer

Zombie_killer

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationHampshire, UK

They did show that her leg was injured - you can see Michonne tightening something round it to act as a tourniquet.  She also says something like that's the leg sorted which looks the worst part and then goes upwards and discovers the bite.

I have watched that scene over and over though and the way she fell onto the walker it just doesn't seem possible.  I agree that if the bite was on her shoulder it might have been likely because she fell onto it but not on her side 

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

01walkingdead2-master675-v2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bully8

bully8

S-mart Employee

• Members

I went back and watched it again, and I agree - where she gets bit is not shown.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members

We need slow motion photography and viewing the scene dozens of times to figure out how a single walker bites Deanna.  Yet, Glenn is pinned down surrounded by chomping zombies and escape without a scratch.   

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

That's the difference between being an NPC versus being a PC.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

If they had shown us Deanna being bitten, it wouldn't have been a surprise later on.   How many people do you think go back to watch that scene over and over in slow motion?  

It was clear from the first airing that the way in which Glenn's"death" was filmed was ambiguous in a way we've never seen before with a main character.   That's part of what made so many people suspicious.   

sluicedawg

sluicedawg

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlabama/Georgia line

They specifically highlighted the saw blade for a purpose. The fall onto a motionless saw blade would have the 'teeth' marks as they penetrated and then the skewed slide parts of the wounds as her body's weight force the teeth upward relatively. Exactly like the wound they showed her having. In the right place as well. I think she was not bitten at all. I am at a loss why they would set her death up like that though. She undoubtedly is still dead, and still a walker now. But these people don't waste camera shots, maybe they were just messing with people like me who who notice that and point it out to others like a grade school child, when it means absolutely nothing really.

DBCrader

DBCrader

Infected

• Members

Put it down to "dramatic license"... I guess the producers thought it was more dramatic to reveal that she'd been bit later than actually show it... If I remember correctly, we didn't see Jim (season 1) or Bob actually get bit either, yet, they both were!!!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!