Could Morgan's Pacifist Nature Lead Into....(Lots O' Comic Spoilers)

Negan Rick Morgan The Walking Dead Whisperers

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

(gonna be honest, most of this is about stuff that wont even happen until season 7 and beyond if at all, but the seed for these hypothetical events have been planted this season)

Was reading some reviews for last nights episode and came across this comment

"Maybe they are setting up for a villain that is going to do something really bad and due to Morgan and or Rick, they will jail instead of kill the villain."

Got me to thinking.

In the comic, at the end of All Out War, Rick, instead of killing Negan, does exactly what I mentioned above.

Now this is thinking REALLY, REALLY far ahead and the show might not even last this long, among other factors BUT

What if throughout this season, and maybe even into the next, we have Morgan trying to chip away at Rick's new "take no shit from anyone" outlook, try to bring him around to his way of thinking. Or at least find a middle ground.

Assuming the show does cover All Out War and remains fairly faithful to it, it would explain why Rick would spare Negan, and in a more satisfactory manner than the comic handled it I'd say.

Jumping ahead even further to the Whisperers Arc where we've had readers speculating that Rick might turn to Negan for advice or help, I think it could be interesting, assuming Rick and Morgan are still alive/the show is still on at this point, for Negan and Morgan to play the Devil and Angel on Rick's shoulders.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

(gonna be honest, most of this is about stuff that wont even happen until season 7 and beyond if at all, but the seed for these hypothetical events have been planted this season)

Was reading some reviews for last nights episode and came across this comment

"Maybe they are setting up for a villain that is going to do something really bad and due to Morgan and or Rick, they will jail instead of kill the villain."

Got me to thinking.

In the comic, at the end of All Out War, Rick, instead of killing Negan, does exactly what I mentioned above.

Now this is thinking REALLY, REALLY far ahead and the show might not even last this long, among other factors BUT

What if throughout this season, and maybe even into the next, we have Morgan trying to chip away at Rick's new "take no shit from anyone" outlook, try to bring him around to his way of thinking. Or at least find a middle ground.

Assuming the show does cover All Out War and remains fairly faithful to it, it would explain why Rick would spare Negan, and in a more satisfactory manner than the comic handled it I'd say.

Jumping ahead even further to the Whisperers Arc where we've had readers speculating that Rick might turn to Negan for advice or help, I think it could be interesting, assuming Rick and Morgan are still alive/the show is still on at this point, for Negan and Morgan to play the Devil and Angel on Rick's shoulders.

I hope Morgan meets the same fate as in the comics and soon.........

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Kursk

Kursk

S-mart Employee

• Members

Nothing could be worse than how the Comics' gave treatment for Negan-as-prisoner decision. That was awful, too much to say there; definitely not satisfactory. They resolved an entire 2 year arc that dragged on with a non-resolution. I caught up rapidly on the Comics and I don't take them seriously anymore, I still follow them but come on. Some people complain that the TV version botches the character deaths; well often that is true, but the Comic is at least 3x worse on its horrible handling of character deaths.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Nothing could be worse than how the Comics' gave treatment for Negan-as-prisoner decision. That was awful, too much to say there; definitely not satisfactory. They resolved an entire 2 year arc that dragged on with a non-resolution. I caught up rapidly on the Comics and I don't take them seriously anymore, I still follow them but come on. 

They explain in a later issue. Rick isn't doing it "to show we're human and better than him!" like he said. He's doing it because keeping Negan alive is the only thing that Rick can use to convince himself he's still a good person

Some people complain that the TV version botches the character deaths; well often that is true, but the Comic is at least 3x worse on its horrible handling of character deaths.

Nope 

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

gplus46

gplus46

Infected

• Members

Nothing could be worse than how the Comics' gave treatment for Negan-as-prisoner decision. That was awful, too much to say there; definitely not satisfactory. They resolved an entire 2 year arc that dragged on with a non-resolution. I caught up rapidly on the Comics and I don't take them seriously anymore, I still follow them but come on. Some people complain that the TV version botches the character deaths; well often that is true, but the Comic is at least 3x worse on its horrible handling of character deaths.

I tend to agree that imprisoning Negan was weak, but it was for Rick to feel like a good person.  Can you explain further what you mean about comic deaths being 3x worse than the show?

reflassshh

reflassshh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBuenos Aires
That would be awesome, Dead Gov.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

First, I agree with the imprisoning Negan was weak. It still feels like Glenn and Abe have not been properly avenged. I keep hoping that RK has some big plans to make Negan an anti-hero of sorts but...I don't know at this point. Anyway...

If Morgan lives last past this botch version of No Way Out I'd like to see this happen, but it would have to be a long slow process that begins after Glenn or whoever gets Lucille'd to death and wears Rick down over the course of the build-up to war. And now that I'm thinking about it...what if Morgan replaces Glenn? That would make sense, as I would buy Rick feeling compelled to simply jail Negan as opposed to killing him as a way of honoring the memory of Morgan and as justification for "doing the right thing" in the eyes of old society. They could make it something he struggles with during the course of the season. A real theme, as it were.

One thing I hope is kept unchanged is the when Rick first meets the Saviors. He's all cocky thinking he's biggest dick on the block, and the reader gets taken along for the ride because we've seen Rick and company become badasses and we're like "no one can stop them". And then Negan shows up in the middle of the night while Rick is napping and fucks his world up hard.  

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

One thing I hope is kept unchanged is the when Rick first meets the Saviors. He's all cocky thinking he's biggest dick on the block, and the reader gets taken along for the ride because we've seen Rick and company become badasses and we're like "no one can stop them". And then Negan shows up in the middle of the night while Rick is napping and fucks his world up hard.  

This wouldn't work in the show because while Rick's group dealt with the "wolves" competently in the comic, they were torn six new assholes in the show. I mean, I'm sure Negan can give Rick a seventh if he asks for it

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

abenzin

abenzin

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBills Country

I would think that Rick, being in the frame of mind he's in right now, wouldn't hesitate to kill Morgan as soon as he finds out what he did. "I don't take chances anymore" would come into play in this situation.

You can't always do right, but you can always do what's left

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

Rick and Deanna exile Morgan. Morgan becomes Neegan. Bam!!

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationJasper Alabama

Spoiler city in here and none of it is tagged. I don't care myself because I know all this stuff from being a comics reader but other people might not want to see it. Just saying.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Spoiler city in here and none of it is tagged. I don't care myself because I know all this stuff from being a comics reader but other people might not want to see it. Just saying.

If a thread is labeled with "Comic Spoilers" in the title we don't require tags throughout the thread.

bamasaintsteve

bamasaintsteve

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationJasper Alabama

If a thread is labeled with "Comic Spoilers" in the title we don't require tags throughout the thread.

Gotcha

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Since this thread is already tagged comic spoilers and I'm feeling lazy, I have a spoiler related question - if memory serves, Jesus' real name in the comic was Paul Monroe. Wasn't the surname Monroe used on Deanna and Reg in the show? Do you think that means Jesus is going to have a different name on the show? Or just coincidentally have the same name as the leader of ASZ? And do you think that was kind of a stupid move that could have been easily avoided by the writers by just giving Deanna and Reg a different last name?

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Since this thread is already tagged comic spoilers and I'm feeling lazy, I have a spoiler related question - if memory serves, Jesus' real name in the comic was Paul Monroe. Wasn't the surname Monroe used on Deanna and Reg in the show? Do you think that means Jesus is going to have a different name on the show? Or just coincidentally have the same name as the leader of ASZ? And do you think that was kind of a stupid move that could have been easily avoided by the writers by just giving Deanna and Reg a different last name?

i imagine he'll have a different last name

if i remember right, the reasoning behind them having the same last names is the same reason some characters have the same names: it's a big world. bound to come across people with the same name

still kinda silly though, and could cause uneccessary confusion

JudithGrimes

JudithGrimes

Infected

• Members
Or Jesus is their son on the show and was one of the 3 people they had previously exiled before Rick and Co showed up. Just a theory I came up with. Go Flames Go!

DaniB7

DaniB7

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationOklahoma

1.  I am ready for Morgan to be "Lucilled"

2.  I wondered the same thing about Jesus.  I actually thought that little sign on the fence said P. Monroe and got all fangirly because I thought it was a hint about Jesus.  Nope, just R. Monroe for Reg.  Ergh!

Lubec

Lubec

S-mart Employee

• Members

Totally agree.  I find the comic to actually be darn right awful and not worthy of being followed too closely.

everdeenkatniss257

everdeenkatniss257

Infected

• Members

If Morgan lifestyles last previous this botch edition of No Way Out I'd like to see this occur, but it would have to be a lengthy slowly procedure that starts after Glenn or whoever gets Lucille'd to loss of life and would wear John down over the course of the build-up to war. And now that I'm considering it...what if Morgan changes Glenn? That would appear sensible, as I would buy John sensation forced to basically prison Negan in contrast to eliminating him as a way of praising the storage of Morgan and as validation for "doing the right thing" according to old community. They could create it something he challenges with during the course of the year. A actual concept, as it were.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!