Share Your Ghost Stories...

- - - - - halloween ghost ghost story

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

In honor of Halloween I wanted to see if anyone had any real ghost stories they want to share because I have a good one. This is the first time I told anyone this story other than the people involved. Tell me what you think.

A Week with a Ghost

This is true as it happened to me in the span of a week. Each night it got worse and worse and the final revelation had me stunned still to this day. It all started early Monday morning. The night before was the same as any other night, nothing out of the ordinary and I went to sleep just fine, until 3 o’clock in the morning. I don’t remember dreaming or even hearing any sound that would wake me. I just sat up from a deep sleep and looked at the bedroom door.

There standing in the doorway were two distinct black figures. I continued to stare thinking my eyes were playing with me until one of the figures moved. It looked as if it raised an arm up as if absentmindedly touching its own cheek. I quickly lay back down in the bed and brought the blanket up to my head as if that would protect me. I didn’t dare peek out until morning and the world was right again. But that was only night one.

When I got home from work the next day I was alone but I still checked every room leaving the lights on as I go. I didn’t even realize I was scared until my boyfriend came home, saw all the lights on, and asked if I was okay. I had already told him what happened and he said he didn’t see or hear anything last night. Again, nothing occurred while I was awake until 3 o’clock AM rolled around again.

The room was dark and my eyes were closed but my mind moved from sleep to awake quickly because I felt someone looking at me. Staring at me. I opened my eyes only a little to see a dark figure standing at the foot of my bed. Tall, broad shoulders, and dark enough that I couldn’t see the objects behind it. I shut my eyes quickly thinking if it didn’t see me looking at it then it would go away.

It didn’t. It moved to the side of my bed silently and was standing right beside me. I was looking up at it looming over me but something strange happened. I couldn’t move my head. I couldn’t move my body. I couldn’t speak or whimper or anything. The black figure looked to be standing with its left hand hanging nonchalantly in its dark left pocket. I could tell it was a male and it bent over me. It leaned its featureless face close to mine and still I couldn’t move. Suddenly, I heard whispering. Not it whispering but many whispers speaking all at once so quickly I couldn’t make out anything they were saying.

I felt a tingling sensation touch the top of my head and slowly trace down my spine all the way down to my feet as if someone were trying to feel me out. All I could hear was my own labored breathing until the dark figure disappeared and I was free to move. It felt like I was there in that place for hours but it only lasted a minute or so. Once I was free to move I stayed put in the bed but I was shaking uncontrollably so much so that I felt my boyfriend’s hand touch me and feel me shaking, he turned over and asked if I was okay. I couldn’t say anything, I could only shake with fear. And that was night two.

By night three I thought two things, either I was going crazy or I was being haunted both didn’t seem like good options. I dreaded going to sleep, I dreaded waking up at three and what horror awaited me. 3 o’clock came and a dark figure stood at the foot of my bed again. This one was shorter and more solid. I closed my eyes and told it to go away; to leave me alone. I heard the whispers again but now I could feel a tugging on my foot. It wasn’t a malevolent feeling but as if someone was playfully tugging at my foot to get my attention. It still was a forceful tug. I opened my eyes to see my side table slowly slip upwards as I was being tugged down to the foot of my bed where the figure stood. I still pleaded with it to leave me alone and soon the whispering stopped and the thing let go of my foot. I slid myself back up to my pillow and went to sleep on this night three.

Night four and at 3 in the morning I watch a dark figure stand by my window. It was the taller one with broad shoulders. I still couldn’t make out any features yet and the only recognizable thing was its hand in it pocket again. The left hand was always in the left pocket it seemed weird. This time it wasn’t looking at me; it looked as if it was leaning against the wall and looking out my window. I wasn’t scared this time. There were no whispers and my breathing was calm. I was pretty surprised then it slowly dissipated and I simply closed my eyes and went back to sleep. End of night four.

I didn’t know night five would be the last of the encounters. But this night was definitely different. I woke up again at the same time and looked directly at my window. I saw my boyfriend standing there leaning against the wall. I could clearly see his face but something was off about him. He wasn’t in his night clothes but a suit. An oversized suit at that, he had a white button up shirt, a tie, slacks, and a jacket. His left hand was casually hanging in his left pocket too. He seemed intent on looking out the window at something. I opened my mouth to ask him what he was looking at, I was only able to say his name when he disappeared like vapor. I was shocked. But not as shocked as when I placed my hand behind me and felt my boyfriend sleeping there beside me. It wasn’t him standing at the window but something that looked exactly like him wearing an old fashion suit and his hand in his pocket, just like the dark figure. That was night five and just like that everything stopped. No more nightly visits.

I only told my boyfriend about my encounters and no one else. I didn’t want people to think I was crazy. He had no explanation as to why I saw something with his face. The story stayed between us until months later and his aunt and uncle came to visit his mom from out of town. I did the girlfriend thing of stopping in to visit and my boyfriend brought up my ghostly visits. His aunt was interested and asked me more. I told her and his mother the whole thing from start to finish. I didn’t realize the two of them were crying by the end. They were speechless and crying full blown tears.

I thought I had said something wrong and started to apologize to them but they said there was no need. That the two ghosts I saw were their mother and father, my boyfriend’s grandparents. I asked how they could be sure, I didn’t see faces until the end and all I saw was my boyfriend’s face. They said that every day for school their mother would stand at the foot of their beds and tug on their feet to wake them. Then my boyfriend’s mother brought out an old black and white picture of their dad. It was my boyfriend in the same oversized old fashioned suit and what really struck me was his left hand in his pocket. They said he always walked around like that because he had the habit of jingling change in his left pocket. And he looked exactly like my boyfriend except taller.

I couldn’t believe it. His mom and aunt were grateful to me, they hugged me and thanked me saying that their parents visited their grandchild and maybe because I was open I could have gotten in the way. They may have used me to bring them the message that they are still here. I feel like that was the validation I needed to know that I wasn’t crazy after all.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Oh, wow...that gave me chills. I hope other people share their stories as I've none to tell, but I always find these experiences to be amazing to listen to.

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
I got some that I will share when my computer is setup lol

justvic77

justvic77

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
I'll share mine. I don't know if you can call it a ghost story, or maybe just a kid being only half awake in a slightly strange place. Felt pretty real to me though.

When I was still a child, we moved across the state from where both sets of my grandparents lived. Of course though we made semi regular trips 'back home' for visits. I was probably 6 or 7 at the time of this occurrance; old enough to remember this pretty clearly. We were staying at my paternal grandparents place in East Tennessee, which was a 2 story house he'd built for his family with what all he could find. Tin Roof, Asphault shingles on the outside, and Painted wood lath for walls inside. Also, there is my family's cemetery on the property about 300 yards from the house. So coming from a somewhat modern-ish (for the 80's) duplex with brick and drywall, the house always felt somewhat odd to me.
I remember we were visiting during a fall break we had at the time. My Mom, my brother, and I were sleeping in one of the upstairs rooms, Mom and bro in a full size bed across from the room from the twin I was sleeping in. I remember the moon was shining in through the window, which had the room cast in a bluish light. I remember closing my eyes just for a moment as I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep. When I opened my eyes, the side of the room across from me was filled with a dozen or so people. Some were as young as I was at the time, some as old as my grandparents, all in clothing you would expect to see in the area, around the late 1800's to early 1900's. They all stood silently, staring at me, no more than 10 to 15 feet from the foot of the bed I was laying in. They all had a grayish look to them, as if the color had been drained somewhat out of a picture. As I laid there I forced myself to close my eyes, but the first two times I reopened them, they were all still there, staring silently. The third time, the room was empty again. I quickly hopped in the other bed with my mom and my brother. Both had been asleep, neither having seen anything.
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

That's freaky having a whole gang of ghost just chilling in the bedroom. Yikes.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
These stories are amazingly creepy!

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!