Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot)

- - - - - Virus spread flu idea

Balowen

Balowen

Infected

• Members
  • LocationPL

I was speculating about how the virus spreads in FTWD. And an idea came to my mind. What if Flu vaccine, that everybody is talking about, was infected?
I think it could be, cause everybody get a flu shot and everybody is infected. What you think about it?

remmdog

remmdog

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationCT

Since the entire world or for that matter the homosapians in general are infected it wouldn't be spread from a flu vaccine.  Remember, we know more than the people in FTWD.  Based upon TWD so far everyone is infected, in that if you die no matter the cause you will turn.  Basically, there is no rhyme or reason just take it for what it is... everyone is infected if you want to even call it an infection. 

For direct answer not everyone gets a flu shot. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

You know, your theory may or may not be right, but either way you go about it...I like it. It's an interesting idea. Something so mundane as an immunization that millions upon millions of people get yearly being behind it all seems plausible. Here's the only thing- there are five collaborating WHO centers in the world in five different countries. They receive virus strains from 141 flu centers across the globe, and each country makes their own decision about which strains to include in their vaccines, then private sector manufacturers create them. So you see, there's no one place or strain where the vaccines are made, making the likelihood of a single unifying viral source slim to none. 

But still, a fun theory...and welcome to the forum!

Jon is fine, dammit.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

I hope it's never explained, but in my head I always go with the old original Night of the Living Dead space radiation explanation.

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

Here's another theory that I saw on the net:

http://uproxx.com/tv...e-origin-clues/

My theory is pollution of the oceans, rivers, streams, etc. caused it.  Then the contaminant spread through the water cycles.  

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
I enjoy a good conspiracy , particularly one involving shadow governments and a evil military/industrial complex. For that reason I tend to operate under the assumption that re-animation is either the result of a biological weapon experiment or a population control measure gone array. I think not really knowing the cause is part if the fun.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I agree that we will probably never know how the virus was really started as Kirkman stated same anyway.  I wouldn't rule out a flu vaccine as a possibility in their world (as leegreenwood stated in conspiracy world with government/industrial as cause to rid population).  Plenty of people are required to get them (hospital staff all around the country, elderly people are practically given them for free by multiple doctors throughout the year).  Simian 40 virus was passed through some polio vaccines back in 1950's & 60's and is still under debate as a possibility to cause many soft tissue cancers people experience today.  Just sayin.

StrollingDead

StrollingDead

Roamer

• Members

Glad they didn't. There are enough anti-vaxxers out there causing damge as it is.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Here's another theory that I saw on the net:

http://uproxx.com/tv...e-origin-clues/

My theory is pollution of the oceans, rivers, streams, etc. caused it.  Then the contaminant spread through the water cycles.  

A good read, but they lost me since they insist on calling it a virus. I'm sorry to harp on this again, as I mentioned it in another thread. But it's already been established in TWD universe that it is NOT a virus. That's why it drives me nuts when people call it one.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

Kombat,

Virus, Virus, Virus, Virus, Virus, VIRUS.  :zombie02:  Tobias didn't just say that it could be a virus he also said a microbe.  In ep. 2 it looked like the neighbor was sick with a flu and if he had the flu going around in the prison or something akin to it, then he died quickly (IMO I really don't see him dying within hours of a flu like that as he was a younger man unless he had some sort of other complication that would've helped it along but we will never know that).

Terminus2014

Terminus2014

Infected

• Members

yeah not a flu vaccine...the disease is totally airborn

I don't think its a wrath of god rapture thing

and I don't think its wrath of nature...like in the happening...when trees release chemicals

I think this is a man made super virus intended for biological warfare...terrorists...or something similar

in the book "the Stand" where the flu gets out, with 99% mortality rate...it is hinted that there are people in all the other big countries releasing vials of the flu (they think its die for weather satellites) so that the true origin can never be traced back to the USA...I could see this happening...this to me is more believable than a natural or supernatural explanation

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

yeah not a flu vaccine...the disease is totally airborn

I don't think its a wrath of god rapture thing

and I don't think its wrath of nature...like in the happening...when trees release chemicals

I think this is a man made super virus intended for biological warfare...terrorists...or something similar

in the book "the Stand" where the flu gets out, with 99% mortality rate...it is hinted that there are people in all the other big countries releasing vials of the flu (they think its die for weather satellites) so that the true origin can never be traced back to the USA...I could see this happening...this to me is more believable than a natural or supernatural explanation

I've read The Stand countless times, I don't recall them saying that other countries were releasing Captain Tripps (love that name lol). Plus we saw how it started in that book too, there was no mystery surrounding that. It was man made and one guy managed to get off base to spread the joy. 

Terminus2014

Terminus2014

Infected

• Members

I've read The Stand countless times, I don't recall them saying that other countries were releasing Captain Tripps (love that name lol). Plus we saw how it started in that book too, there was no mystery surrounding that. It was man made and one guy managed to get off base to spread the joy. 

the long version

Starkey was his name I think...and he was talking about "we have people in other satellite nations...they think they are releasing dye for weather satellites..."kinda thing...its definitely there as this part had a profound affect on me reading the long version as apposed to the shortened version

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Yeah, I've only ever read the long version of that book. I need to pull out my copy and try to look that up, as I really don't remember that part. Of course that would be like finding a needle in a haystack, do you remember what else was going on in the book when he said that?

I actually just read that book again recently, it's such a good book to revisit. 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!