Alanna Masterson Expecting First Child

Tara Pregnancy

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Alanna Masterson (Tara) has announced that she is expecting her first child.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2015/07/27/alanna-masterson-pregnant-expecting-first-child/

She's already got a pretty good sized baby bump going on as you can see from the photos in the article. It's not been said how far along she is yet, How do you think this will affect her role on TWD? I imagine we can expect a lot of baggy clothes and conveniently placed props in front of her ever growing belly, as filming is only at the halfway point of the season.

Congrats, Alanna!

Jon is fine, dammit.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

Sonequa Martin-Green's pregnancy didn't seem to impact the show much, if even at all. Visual effects editors are getting damn good at manipulating pregnant women in shots where it's visible that they're pregnant. Between that, and clevel filming angles, I wouldn't worry. Tara's not a prominent character, anyway. She's usually literally in the background behind more prominent characters, so I doubt much will be changed from what's already been planned.

That said, I still few Tara as being the best expendable of the main cast, so I wouldn't be too surprised if she becomes a scapegoat if the producers decide they need a "big" death and her absence could potentially simplify some production standards. It's probably ultimately up to Masterson, though. She may want time away to be a mother, and it wouldn't be hard to phase Tara out, death or not.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
I'd hate to see her go. While her screen time is fairly minimal compared to some other regulars, every scene with her is memorable. Her interactions with Eugene are particularly awesome. They've been masking pregnancies on TV effectively for years, so that shouldn't really be a factor,

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Gets injured during a run, becomes pregnant from it.

That's how the show will deal with it.

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow she looks gorgeous, haha. I hope they don't kill her off, Tara has grown on me. 

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

Since her character is a lesbian, I don't see them writing it into the show. They could have done that with Sonequa since Sasha and Bob fell in love. Also, Sonequa was due in January, so there were only a few months of filming that that did not coincide with the peak of her pregnancy. From the pictures, Alanna appears to already have a sizable baby bump. That leads me to think she is due closer to the end of the season, so it will be harder to mask Alanna's pregnancy. Also, if she is due towards the end of the season, she may be on maternity leave during the last few episodes. If that is the case, they could write her out or film her scenes early. They have been juggling filming schedules lately.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

Julia Louis Dreyfus who played the character Elaine on the TV show "Seinfeld" was pregnant in 1992 and 1997.

Both seasons were shot druing both pregnancies.

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Since her character is a lesbian, I don't see them writing it into the show. They could have done that with Sonequa since Sasha and Bob fell in love. Also, Sonequa was due in January, so there were only a few months of filming that that did not coincide with the peak of her pregnancy. From the pictures, Alanna appears to already have a sizable baby bump. That leads me to think she is due closer to the end of the season, so it will be harder to mask Alanna's pregnancy. Also, if she is due towards the end of the season, she may be on maternity leave during the last few episodes. If that is the case, they could write her out or film her scenes early. They have been juggling filming schedules lately.

They could still have her romantically bond with a male character. I don't know how realistic it is, but I know OZ had a straight character fall in live (Stockholm syndrom) with another inmate so there's precedent in 'TV reality'

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
BRIAN HERIOT most likely candidate , it ain't rick anyway

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

BRIAN HERIOT most likely candidate , it ain't rick anyway

As an aside.. I really would like them to bump into Brian either as a survivor or come across his suicided corpse in a hidey-hole maybe clutching a picture of his wife and RickCo see who he is by his wallet. 

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

d2daybreak

d2daybreak

Promo Queen

• Members
  • LocationHanging out with Morgan

They could still have her romantically bond with a male character. I don't know how realistic it is, but I know OZ had a straight character fall in live (Stockholm syndrom) with another inmate so there's precedent in 'TV reality'

I would have a hard time buying it after she told Eugene that she liked girls. From the looks of her baby bump, they don't have enough time to lay the ground work to make it realistic for me. However, another plausible scenario is that she is raped. That being said, I am not advocating this as a storyline. I am just mentioning that it would be a plausible scenario to explain her pregnancy on the show. It would also be another way of showing the horrors of a zombie apocalypse. Again, not advocating the storyline.

tumblr_mdsrpoSv1L1rczlwwo2_250.gif "I never stopped having my shit together." ~Michonne

Check out my blog

DeadCave

DeadCave

Resident Scribe

• *Members*
  • LocationUtah

Yes, but I want to know... is the baby... Shane's ?

69% of the people find something dirty in everything they read.  http://http://www.gofundme.com/c66cv4

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

I would have a hard time buying it after she told Eugene that she liked girls. From the looks of her baby bump, they don't have enough time to lay the ground work to make it realistic for me. However, another plausible scenario is that she is raped. That being said, I am not advocating this as a storyline. I am just mentioning that it would be a plausible scenario to explain her pregnancy on the show. It would also be another way of showing the horrors of a zombie apocalypse. Again, not advocating the storyline.

Like 28 days. I can see that. I was more thinking that she would get lonely enough to hook up with Eugene once or twice. Randy is randy.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

xaviersaint

xaviersaint

Mr. Random

• Administrators
  • LocationColorado

Like 28 days. I can see that. I was more thinking that she would get lonely enough to hook up with Eugene once or twice. Randy is randy.

Valid point there. 

Personally, I've always felt that if you're going into a series, you always have to have some ideas in the event of any of your female actresses getting pregnant. I'd have contingencies for it. Look at what happened on Angel and Cordelia's pregnancy that tied in with Charisma Carpenter's real life pregnancy. That story line is fairly well regarded. Pretty sure RK and the crew can whip up something real quick to cover this if they want.

They can always just Lori her. "Get in the house Tara!" I mean maybe she can get a fever or something, keep her in places where it's easy to shoot her from angles to hide the baby.

I think we'll be fine. That or quite frankly, we may be worrying about nothing because she could all ready be set to die this season and early. 

Angel: I stopped Acathla. That saved the world.

Spike: Buffy ran you through with a sword.

Angel: Yeah, but I made her do it. Signaled her with my eyes.

Spike: She killed you. I helped her. That one counts as mine.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

Yes, but I want to know... is the baby... Shane's ?

Although we know from Judith(Shauna) birth that Shane is fertile, it is very unlucky that this baby is his due to his death in season 2. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

Awww. Congrats to Alanna and may she have a beautiful healthy baby.  Now if the writers are going to present us with a whammie for Tara then apparently she must've had a threesome with Aaron and Eric and will have to wait to see who the baby daddy be.  Just remember, after all we are in a zombie apocalypse so anything can happen and just about has in TWD world.  I forsee her future showing plenty of headshots, jackets, caring bookbags and an arsenal of weapons to cover up the babybump not to mention some CGI work if needed.

NaarioDaharis

NaarioDaharis

Lurker

• Members

Aw, I like her. Would hate to see her go. They can always work in a pregnancy or something. I don't really know where her character is going, but I like the actress.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!