Issue 144 Review

- - - - - Deaths Walking Dead Rick Rosita Zeke Ken

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Another thought, are we really sure that it was whispers kill these people? Was Alpha going to the fair alone? Could that be some other enemy who have not shown themselve? It would make sense for Alpha letting Rick go if it was not her and her people doing these killings

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

I am literally shaking after reading that...

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Another thought, are we really sure that it was whispers kill these people? Was Alpha going to the fair alone? Could that be some other enemy who have not shown themselve? It would make sense for Alpha letting Rick go if it was not her and her people doing these killings

I am betting it was Beta not Alpha that killed these people. She specifically tells Rick that she has "marked the territory" so she absolutely knew about it.

She wanted Rick alive to scare the shit out him and his people , Rick was never in any danger.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Not even MADE TO SUFFER made me feel this much dread... holy fuck... O.O

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

I told a friend "there's 12 heads on a spike" and he goes "holy shit, a brochette of heads??!".

Anyway, not that socked. You could see the the start of the conflict a mile away. I guess All Out War 2 is coming. Hopefully Negan will get to fight on Rick's side. Otherwise, I think Kirkman would be missing a narrative opportunity. I was almost feeling for Alpha when she cried and told Rick to take Lydia, but then I was like "that bitch's gotta go" when I saw Olivia, Rosita and Zeke's heads.

Also. wasn't Rosita pregnant? That's 2 kills for the price of one.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Anybody got the scans, if so, then PM me them, i feel like maybe coloring a little of this.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I told a friend "there's 12 heads on a spike" and he goes "holy shit, a brochette of heads??!".

Anyway, not that socked. You could see the the start of the conflict a mile away. I guess All Out War 2 is coming. Hopefully Negan will get to fight on Rick's side. Otherwise, I think Kirkman would be missing a narrative opportunity. I was almost feeling for Alpha when she cried and told Rick to take Lydia, but then I was like "that bitch's gotta go" when I saw Olivia, Rosita and Zeke's heads.

I am still assuming there might be a power struggle between Alpha and Beta and she might have to do things she dont want to.

The heads on stakes where they zombified ?  I really could not tell but the heads should have come back to life....

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Not even MADE TO SUFFER made me feel this much dread... holy fuck... O.O

None of the dead belongs to Rick's inner circle of friends, the fall of prisons was much more devasting

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Yep she was pregnant, So that makes 13 kills. 

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

None of the dead belongs to Rick's inner circle of friends, the fall of prisons was much more devasting

Ezekiel wasnt in his inner circle? 

M'kay then.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Yep she was pregnant, So that makes 13 kills. 

She was about to pop was she not ? The baby could still be alive..........

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

M'kay then.

Olivia and Rosita ?

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

The heads on stakes where they zombified ?  I really could not tell but the heads should have come back to life....

Josh, Carson, Tammy, Luke, Ken, Amber, Oscar, Rosita, and Ezekiel were all clearly undead. Olivia, Erin, and Louie all had their eyes closed, so they haven't turned yet.

I had to go back to figure out where these characters all appeared. Some of the clues in the panels below weren't really telling, specifically Josh and Amber (I forgot all about Iron Mark, and his face was obscured). Part of me feels like Kirkman selected these former-survivors at random, with the exception of Zeke and Rosita, since they both leave unresolved relationships.

I agree with Porkie that Alpha is being controlled by another power (think Dawn from the horrible Grady storyline in the TV show). She seems reasonable, but does things that contradict her disposition. It's possible that the men of the group have submitted to their own animal instincts with the killing, raping, and pillaging, and Alpha's just going along with it for her own safety.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Given the "white eyes" in the drawings, I took it as zombified heads, but I also think it they would have made it more clear by showing like grunt sounds in each head. Maybe the spikes go all the way up to the brainz.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

M'kay then.

No, Ezekiel was a bad written, ill developed outsider, but I would admit Rosita was in Rick's inner circle, for Rick's inner circle I means those following him come to Alexandria, except maybe that father

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland

Maybe the fall of the prison was more devastating, but think of it like this. Things were already going bad so I anticipated they was going to be a high death count on made to suffer, the 12 decapitated head on the other hand, I DID NOT see coming at all (minus Ezekiel) so it was a much bigger shock to my system to see that happen. 

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Seeing as I didn't really care about any of the characters that died, this issue only got a "hm" reaction outta me

but hey, at least we know shit is probably gonna go down soon.

Solid enough issue

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Fight brutality with brutality.

Rick will need muscle as he is to weak to lead troops and Negan is the perfect person to fight these people.

This will be a way for Negan to prove himself trust worthy to Rick.

I'm sure he'd sooner have Andrea or Michonne lead his people into battle.

edit: Shit how funny would it have been if Negan was the last head.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Maybe the fall of the prison was more devastating, but think of it like this. Things were already going bad so I anticipated they was going to be a high death count on made to suffer, the 12 decapitated head on the other hand, I DID NOT see coming at all (minus Ezekiel) so it was a much bigger shock to my system to see that happen. 

I admit till the last minute, I thought Rick would prevail in the prison fight such as Andrea would back and save the day, but we all know what actually happened. Of course, we would have a higher death count, we have many more people here! The difference is I care every person lost in prison, and majority of these 12 people died here are redshirt, and I do not care redshirts.

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

What a crazy way to end the compendium.  I was more shocked about Olivia and Rosita's death than Ezekiel's.  I think last issue foreshadowed his demise during his conversation with Pete.  It seems like everyone will be affected by this; I don't see very many people in the communities not wanting to retaliate for the loss of their loved ones.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I've said it before and will say it again.  Rick needs to put booby traps around his bases off the roads and his folks need to know where they all are.  This is one of the only defenses with the whisperers.   Their ability to infiltrate is now proven.  People will need to account for eachother every day on each safe zone,

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I'm sure he'd sooner have Andrea or Michonne lead his people into battle.

edit: Shit how funny would it have been if Negan was the last head.

Yes but you will need more than one front to win against the whisperers.

I am not sure Rick is going to want to have Andrea involved she really wasn't a big part of All Out War`s war so why should be now.

Michonne I can see but I think she will kick the bucket on a big revenge mission.

Negan will fill the spot for the Saviors again as Dwight wants no part of being a leader.

WalkerSniper

WalkerSniper

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEngland

I admit till the last minute, I thought Rick would prevail in the prison fight such as Andrea would back and save the day, but we all know what actually happened. Of course, we would have a higher death count, we have many more people here! The difference is I care every person lost in prison, and majority of these 12 people died here are redshirt, and I do not care redshirts.

It's not so much the characters themselves (I totally forgot about Erin's existence), the only 2 I really cared about there were Ezekiel and Rosita, Olivia was okay imo.  It's mainly the fact, we've just seen what Alpha will do to make a message, there's telling people to stay away then there's THAT. And ya, sure they would be a higher body count with more people, but again, it's how it happens so suddenly I knew someone was going to bite it, just not that many people. 

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

My bet is Rick might still (Relunctantly) try to keep the peace

and this would obviously not sit well with the rest.

I feel the three communities are gonna turn on Rick, seeing him as a weak leader now. Maybe that explains issue 146's cover. I imagine, if there is a fight, the conversation beforehand will go like

Rick: I know this isn't what people want, but we need to keep the peace...you haven't seen what i have
Maggie: Let it slide? LET IT FUCKING SLIDE?! 'Kill as many bakers, farmers, runners, leaders, HUSBANDS as you want! YOU'LL GET NO COMPLAINTS FROM US!"

I bet Rick is tossed out on his ass and someone else takes over.

And even though I personally hate the character and would sooner have him just leave the story entirely....this would probably be when Negan is let out

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Then Pearl harbor wold be a warning, not an act of war

Are you just trolling PT? Because i agree with almost everything he has said.

Alpha gave them a warning they igno it/ Maggie didn't tell them she's too busy playing victim. Rick kept threatening them she told him to stop i think she had a feel for who they were before hand. Now we know she has people in the herd so that's something to keep track of.

As for a world war reference, Japan pulled us into that war....didn't have a peace treaty with us then broke is shortly after or something? Idk i'm really rusty on my history but there's a difference between straight attacking and ignoring everyone because he's RICK GRIMES

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!