Issue 144 Review

- - - - - Deaths Walking Dead Rick Rosita Zeke Ken

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

This episode left me shaking at the end of reading this book!   This had brought all the fear and insanity back to the walking dead books!   The new adversary that we have all been seeing unfold before us is very very real!  Rick is definitely going to need Negan to eliminate this enemy once and for all!   Robert Kirkman was not screwing around and really did a great job with this issue.  this get and 100,000,000 or 10! Amazing!   Holy Crap!  

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
Can someone give a summary of the events of the Issue?

bdizzle1686

bdizzle1686

Lurker

• Members

Can someone give a summary of the events of the Issue?

+1

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

In Summary,

Rick and Alpha talk on the top of the Building, She tells rick to keep it down as she has some of her people in the mix of the zombie herd and has limited control of them.  they then make there way down as Rick berates alpha as living a primitive pipe dream.  Alpha tells Rick that his world has nothing to offer her people.  so they make it back to Carl and Lydia. 

Rick tells Carl that they are leaving even if Rick has to carry him out.  Carl than refuses until Lydia wlll be able to leave becuase of her being Raped.  Alpha gets angry and says this is a primitive right of all to mate and live as animals do basically.  Rick is stunned with this.  Lydia says she doesnt like it and wants it to stop.  Alpha then tells her angrilly and upset to leave and that she is shamed to be part of the whisperers and is banished.  She warns rick that she has place an marker on the road to state there boundary between the two states.  They all leave with Lydia and when they arrive they are all shocked and stunned to see

Spoiler

Next Issue is gonna be an insane Issue!  Rober Kirkman has delivered on the good!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I read it and...I... I am gonna need a day to melt this down. This is....wow. 

Kirkman didnt hold back, and this finallly cements it for me, Alpha's gonna be a very tough adversary. Not even Negan was this much of an asshole. 12 fucking people murked just to show '' borders ''. There is no justifying that shit.

I'am interested to know just how the fuck they all managed to get captured (since im guessing that's what happend) and then killed without NOBODY noticing anything.

Lastly, I really hope Alpha gets Lucille'd or....i dunno, Shiva comes back all battlescarred and FUCKING MAULS HER.

My favorite character to color, nooooooooo 0k4tKRD.png

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I think Alpha had to have some people inside working with her. to get that many people killed in that much of a time shows she has the ability to infiltrate without people noticing her and her crew there.  She will be a force to be reckoned with.  Michonne is going to be on a warhunt now! Blood for blood is coming too!!!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I called Zekes death as he was way to happy last issue I did not see rosita and oliva getting the axe.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I called Zekes death as he was way to happy last issue I did not see rosita and oliva getting the axe.

or Machete!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
Here comes Negan to the rescue. They will need him to fight brutality with brutality.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
She had inside help big time. Had to have...you can't kill a person one by one. With that limited of a window. I think zeke may have been the final kill.

PT. I blame you for the zeke death....you jinxed him....it's all your fault!!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

She had inside help big time. Had to have...you can't kill a person one by one. With that limited of a window. I think zeke may have been the final kill.

PT. I blame you for the zeke death....you jinxed him....it's all your fault!!

Anytime anyone shows happiness in this book you can count on them dieing real soon.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

I am very confuse now:

1) How did whisperers manage to kill so many people without other even notice?

2) What do these Whispers want? I at least know Governor and Negan's motive, but I fail to understand why Whispers wants to start a war with Rick, just want to kill anyone "live in the old way" ?

3) Why is Rick allowed to live? He is obviously the leader, would that makes sense to kill him so that the war would be much more easier?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Fun fact this issue has the most named deaths out of any other !

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

This episode left me shaking at the end of reading this book!   This had brought all the fear and insanity back to the walking dead books!   The new adversary that we have all been seeing unfold before us is very very real!  Rick is definitely going to need Negan to eliminate this enemy once and for all!   Robert Kirkman was not screwing around and really did a great job with this issue.  this get and 100,000,000 or 10! Amazing!   Holy Crap!  

Why does Rick need Negan who has lost all credit among saviors?

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I am very confuse now:

1) How did whisperers manage to kill so many people without other even notice?

2) What do these Whispers want? I at least know Governor and Negan's motive, but I fail to understand why Whispers wants to start a war with Rick, just want to kill anyone "live in the old way" ?

3) Why is Rick allowed to live? He is obviously the leader, would that makes sense to kill him so that the war would be much more easier?

I dont think war was her intention.  The people that were killed was away from the fair and the fair alone is a big distraction.

She wants to make sure Rick knows they mean business and are a force to recon with. They are clearly marking the territory so everyone knows what line not to cross. 

She had warned them already not to cross into their land and if anything I blame Maggie for not informing anyone of this sooner.

They also did not kill Rick because they needed someone left alive to tell the rest.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Why does Rick need Negan who has lost all credit among saviors?

Fight brutality with brutality.

Rick will need muscle as he is to weak to lead troops and Negan is the perfect person to fight these people.

This will be a way for Negan to prove himself trust worthy to Rick.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow. Just... wow. Alpha is FUCKING C-R-A-Z-Y. Bat shit crazy and I'm glad Rick called her out on that. I thought she was going to just kill Lydia for being "weak." Also wondering myself, how Alpha managed to get 12 people out of the fair, she must have had help. Most of the people who's heads were placed on the border spikes Game of Thrones style I didn't care about. I was shaking a bit, because I was afraid Michonne and Andrea would be up there and almost was convinced when I saw the silhouette of dreads and I was shaking and my heart was pounding, but Porkie was right, Zeke was wayyyy too happy last time we saw him. Ballsy move for Kirkman to kill a pregnant Rosita, though he did kill Lori and Judith so I guess it's not too surprising. I bet Eugene is gonna get a rage boner and build some gatling guns to mow down The Whisperers army of roamers. It's gonna be like some Helm's Deep battle shit going down if they attack Alexandria/Hilltop, which you know that's what Kirkman is building up to. Rick is most likely going to hatch a plan to wipe them out. They'll definitely need more guns, moats with spikes, wall reinforcements, oil in the moats to light on fire etc. We may just be building to the biggest fight we've seen yet in the comics and it might just kill everyone. Who knows, maybe this will be the last we see of the Whispers, but most likely not. Damn I can't wait to see what happens next! 10/10.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rick will need muscle as he is to weak to lead troops and Negan is the perfect person to fight these people.

I'd like to this Negan and Rick fighting side by side, but would be wary of Negan double crossing Rick. Also, what's going to happen to Kingdom now that Zeke's head is on a spike? Will they just get absorbed into the ASZ? Or did Zeke have any second in commands that we haven't been introduced to? We know barely nothing of the Kingdom since it was introduced in issue 109 or whatever. Also, with Luke dead, I wonder if Magna and her crew will start getting some more action? 

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Rick has enough muscles already, without his saviors, Negan is merely just one person

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I'd like to this Negan and Rick fighting side by side, but would be wary of Negan double crossing Rick. Also, what's going to happen to Kingdom now that Zeke's head is on a spike? Will they just get absorbed into the ASZ? Or did Zeke have any second in commands that we haven't been introduced to? We know barely nothing of the Kingdom since it was introduced in issue 109 or whatever. Also, with Luke dead, I wonder if Magna and her crew will start getting some more action?

The kingdom did not have many people left but there will be a power vacuum to fill. Jesus takes over the Kingdom ?

Also with Dwight not wanting to be a leader anymore that is going to cuase more troubles with the Saviors and I am guessing Negan will reclaim them at some point.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

I dont think war was her intention.  The people that were killed was away from the fair and the fair alone is a big distraction.

She wants to make sure Rick knows they mean business and are a force to recon with. They are clearly marking the territory so everyone knows what line not to cross. 

She had warned them already not to cross into their land and if anything I blame Maggie for not informing anyone of this sooner.

They also did not kill Rick because they needed someone left alive to tell the rest.

Killing so many people with no intention of war? That makes no sense

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Rick has enough muscles already, without his saviors, Negan is merely just one person

But none of his people can LEAD troops besides maybe Andrea.

Negan will need to lead troops.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Killing so many people with no intention of war? That makes no sense

It was a warning plain and simple also it was retribution for crossing into the whispers lands when they had already told the Hilltop to never bring anyone out there again. 

This is all Maggies fault.

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

But none of his people can LEAD troops besides maybe Andrea.

Negan will need to lead troops.

Who would follow him? Many hate him guts, others lost respect for him

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

It was a warning plain and simple also it was retribution for crossing into the whispers lands when they had already told the Hilltop to never bring anyone out there again. 

This is all Maggies fault.

Then Pearl harbor wold be a warning, not an act of war

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!