Humans - New Show On Amc

- - - - - Humans AMC

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

The first episode already aired and I have to say I'm intrigued. A show about the not too distance future and robots have become apart of daily life on there are a few that are "different". Thoughts?

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I have been meaning to check this show out......just because it has Jen from The IT Crowd in it.

MV5BMTA1MDU2MzgyMTheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDQ4

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Thanks for reminding me, I have the first episode waiting on my DVR to be checked out. I've heard good things so far.

Jon is fine, dammit.

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
Thought it was pretty good and I'll continue to watch it. So many possibilities Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

Liked it,Intrigued, but it really creeped me out too.  The family that brought the robot home while mom was away?  Got a real "Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Version 6.2" vibe  from that.  The old guy with the "son" who does the remembering... much more sympathetic.  

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

Walker_Bait

Walker_Bait

Biter

• Members

I also enjoyed the first episode. I'll continue to watch it and see.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Okay, I finally watched the first episode last night and I really liked it. Like Omen said, lots of possibilities with this show. Added to the weekly DVR schedule!

I'm finding myself more sympathetic with Anita the Synth than the mother, Limaro. Odd, I know, but something about the mother rubs me wrong. I don't know quite enough about the full story with that family yet to make a complete judgement, but yeah...not too attached to mommy so far.  :srug: 

Oh, and Ans pointed out that Odi, the old man's Synth, is the actor who plays Olyvar in Game of Thrones. He's the guy in Petyr's whorehouse.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

It's already been airing in the UK for three weeks now, but I've only watched the first two episodes. The show has been pretty great so far, and I'm glad it's getting air time in the US on AMC. I feel like some UK shows don't get the recognition they deserve, like Utopia or Black Mirror, so it's good to see AMC pick this one up. 

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
My speculation on the old man. Is that he's the main inventor of the synths. And that his synth is his "son" or a son that passed. That's why he knows how to fix him. Yeah the mom the actress from the IT show. She's not right it there something fishy Could this take a blade runner turn? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

It's already been airing in the UK for three weeks now, but I've only watched the first two episodes. The show has been pretty great so far, and I'm glad it's getting air time in the US on AMC. I feel like some UK shows don't get the recognition they deserve, like Utopia or Black Mirror, so it's good to see AMC pick this one up. 

I haven't seen Utopia - The fact that you mention it in the same sentence as Black Mirror makes me want to find it and watch. The Black Mirror series and the Christmas Special are pure art.

I picked up on the android female cop in Ep 3. Blade Runner came to mind- then I started seeing the parallels.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I haven't seen Utopia - The fact that you mention it in the same sentence as Black Mirror makes me want to find it and watch. The Black Mirror series and the Christmas Special are pure art.

I picked up on the android female cop in Ep 3. Blade Runner came to mind- then I started seeing the parallels.

I would highly recommend watching Utopia. It was cancelled after two season..which coincided with HBO picking up the show to make their own adaptation. However, it's still a fantastic show and is on the same level as Black Mirror. They're both made and produced by Channel 4 here in the UK, who are also producing Humans, so I think you will like it a lot. Definitely check it out if you're in need of a new show to watch. 

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

I love the way UK shows go for substance over volume. I would rather watch a 6 episode series that are a 10 ea.(ep) instead of a series in which there are 4 10's and 9 5-6's.

Did you watch Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell?

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members

Watched first Series of Utopia- woah what a ride!!! Series 2 looks just as good based on Episode one will finish it off tonight or tomorrow.

lone star walker

lone star walker

Biter

• Members
  • Locationroaming the prairie
I like this show so far. Just watched episode 4.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Renewed for a second season. Yay! 

http://deadline.com/...l-4-1201488376/

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
I figured that Sky would extend to a second series. :)

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!