The Walking Dead Issue #143 Review

- - - - - The Walking Dead Comic Series Issue Review Exo Epic Comic Book Rick Alpha Compendium 3

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

Yeah this is true. Carl is just thinking with his dick and is really throwing Rick under the bus and being unappreciative of what Rick has done for him over the years to keep him alive. I mean, does he not remember his father is missing a hand, has been shot up multiple times and has a bum leg? I say leave the ungrateful shit to the whisperers. He could have that Anna girl or even Sophia, and Carl is kind of putting everyone at risk, because he should have known Rick would go after him. 

Kind of hoping we didn't get an off panel death of Andrea, Michonne and Dante. I can't imagine Kirkman would do that. Ugh.

I was thinking the same thing about Carl's rant about his scar. Rick's list is about as long as Carl's (not counting psychological - i.e.- the phone...) Plus Rick's "repulsion" to the scar is more about Rick's inability to adequately protect his son- it represents failure to him.

Also I thought about starting a thread about that Gas station. It has signaled many major events in the comic IIRC. I wonder if it's a conscious literary device or coincidental- I was thinking about going through the books and counting the number of events backed by my observation. y'all like that.

I agree with buzzfactory. I think that Alpha killed Zeke- After his conversation with Pete he was beating feet to go find her unarmed- perhaps he was leaving and saw Alpo leaving in a direction that was not any of the usual paths - he followed her- even if it was to tell her that she was going the wrong way.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Alpha and her group kill people like murderers. She says it was unavoidable. However when have they once put down their weapons and tried to talk to our survivors? I'm also not adding when alpha wanted her kid back different circumstance.

They kill people just as bad as the other baddies and so far i dislike her as much as the Gov. I never hated Negan. It was Ricks fault what happened to glenn and the whole war. If you just wait a month or two then kill him it's over.

Alphas group are savages and need to be dealt with quickly. At this point if Rick and Maggie go it won't bother me. Rick has been sooo not Rick it's annoying. Leadership has most def got his ego up and corrupt a little.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Sudden attachment to the person you lost your virginity to cliché, *ding.

Wait, this isn't CinemaSins.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Sudden attachment to the person you lost your virginity to cliché, *ding.

Wait, this isn't CinemaSins.

HA!

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Carl is going to go back to being the most hated character on the television series if they translate this storyline on screen alol.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Good issue, I haven't been this excited for whats coming next in a while.

I think we're just seeing how dangerous the whisperers truly are. It's just the way they've been conditioned, they don't mind killing people. I wonder how Rick and the group would've been if they had been out there for as long as the whisperers have. 

Alpha has shown they're reasonable, reasonable in the sense that if you just leave them alone, they will do the same and everything will be fine. I think if it was anyone else but Rick, they'd be dead already. 

It seems that the whisperers are supposed the next "big bad", and that they're a horrible group. I think this is exactly what Kirkman wants us to think though, that they need to be disposed of asap. While it certainly seems like that, I don't know if it that will exactly be the case when its all said and done. 

I don't think Kirkman is too simple to just introduce bad guy after bad guy, especially after all out war and the biggest threat till now. It's gotta be more complicated than just that. Or its just to show the change in Rick during the time jump, before, he had just the right mindset for this world. Now his ego has gotten bigger from all the growth they've experienced, and might no longer be equipped to deal with these people.

Maybe this is where Magna comes in? Idk. Negan will play a big role at some point as well.. Maybe its helping Rick come to terms with himself as well as this world and really develop that mindset again. Magna definitely has the mindset of where Rick used to be.. it could be that that is what is needed right now.

It now seems like Alpha was just scouting out the community, in case she has to attack it later on.. But I got the feeling that she liked what she saw at Alexandria. She wants to learn about Rick and his people, but if she has to kill them, she will. If Rick would just calm his ass down, he might be able to see how they can work together towards some sort of mutual gain. I think he's sorta blinded at how savage they seem, hopefully he can see past their tough exterior that he can work with them. They seem to know how to control walkers, which could present some possibilities of trade and exchange of services..

I really enjoyed Carl's dialogue with Rick. Carl is a product of this world. He knows that. He even said he feels he is this world's son rather than Ricks. That was a cool line. Carl and Lydia's relationship is the thing that I think will form any sort of relationship with the whisperers between the communities. Kind of like a marriage alliance during ancient times.. 

I think we're also going to get a big death. The skull that was on the ground as Rick, Michonne, Andrea, and Dante were riding out makes me think one of them is dead meat. Michonne jumps out to me.. She just came back, She wants to help out, Ezekiel is going to try and win her back only for her to die, the upcoming cover with the Katana and the blood.. Plus the mini-series, which I'm starting to think will be a tribute to her character pretty much. 

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
Alpha definitely cemented herself amongst the badass crowd this issue. I don't think Rick has been more scared in the series as he is now

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

I know it was a big herd at the end but didn't we already see groups of walkers that big early on the road ?

I could have sworn that we seen herds that big before.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
I think the horde at the end of the issue was bigger than any herd we've seen put together

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating
Letterhacks said it was biggest horde ever encountered , it appears to be captive as well and contained with a high population density

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

The_Washington_Herd.jpg

This one looked pretty big........and the first time we see a herd with Abe and Rick on the road those were pretty big also.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
Dont get me wrong thats big but thats close up compared to the one we just saw, the new one looked denser and bigger from a distance so if that mega herd was as close as this it'd look way bigger

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I dunno it stretches past the horizon ............ maybe this issue was the biggest herd we have seen gathered by people ?

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
I'll agree with that and it's definitely the biggest threat since it's implied that alpha can control them as a weapon

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
What if eugenes herding techniques lead these walkers right to the whisperers and its technically his fault for alphas strength in walker numbers

Dr_Scientist

Dr_Scientist

S-mart Employee

• Members

I enjoyed the dialogue in this issue; I couldn't help but feel like each conversation was important to an unfolding storyline.  It wasn't the most action packed penultimate issue for a volume, but some significant moments did happen.   I don't necessarily share the same criticisms of Rick as others.  He's always had a temper, this is not a new Rick we haven't seen before.  I don't think he'll do anything that would put all he's built and all the lives he's saved at jeopardy just because Alpha is flexing her muscles.

I also don't think the whisperers are that much a threat.  They do not seem to want conflict, but should that ever happen I don't think they could destroy a community as large and capable as Rick's.  They whisperers use simple melee weapons and Alpha wields a single-shot double barrel shotgun (the most impractical zombie apocalypse weapon seen thus far) while ASZ is stockpiling ammunition at this point. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

What if eugenes herding techniques lead these walkers right to the whisperers and its technically his fault for alphas strength in walker numbers

I am assuming this is what happened.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I enjoyed the dialogue in this issue; I couldn't help but feel like each conversation was important to an unfolding storyline.  It wasn't the most action packed penultimate issue for a volume, but some significant moments did happen.   I don't necessarily share the same criticisms of Rick as others.  He's always had a temper, this is not a new Rick we haven't seen before.  I don't think he'll do anything that would put all he's built and all the lives he's saved at jeopardy just because Alpha is flexing her muscles.

I also don't think the whisperers are that much a threat.  They do not seem to want conflict, but should that ever happen I don't think they could destroy a community as large and capable as Rick's.  They whisperers use simple melee weapons and Alpha wields a single-shot double barrel shotgun (the most impractical zombie apocalypse weapon seen thus far) while ASZ is stockpiling ammunition at this point. 

True but they seem to have control over that huge herd and that will destroy ASZ , Hilltop , and The Kingdom easily.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I think the Euge is going to have to raid a naval ship and steal a rail gun, so they can mow down herds. haha

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Carl is going to go back to being the most hated character on the television series if they translate this storyline on screen alol.

Off topic but, I've noticed it seems he's become less and less present in the show. I sometimes forget he's even there

Hell, in the new Season 6 poster, he's pushed pretty far to the back.

If the show does the No Way Out arc (and I swear to god, they better) I wouldn't be surprised if they just flatout kill him instead of just shooting his eye out.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

You can't pin that on him. He was doing his job. The problem is they never found a way to funnel them to kill the walkers. I get it, some of these groups get to be about 1-2000 strong. However, Alpha, found a spot to keep them in.

If they found a way to funnel them and kill them they wouldn't have to worry about that problem. I only wonder how many times the sent a herd into other survivor camps.

deadhead216

deadhead216

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • Locationcleveland
I think the world outside a community at this point lacks survivors minus magna and her group who im pretty sure are the first people its happened to

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I think the world outside a community at this point lacks survivors minus magna and her group who im pretty sure are the first people its happened to

We don't know. The only thing i don't like about a huge time jump is that we never really know what all they did. Like, did they send a team out to scout for more communities? Did they look at all? It's the minor things that bugs me.

It's also what 2-4 yrs into the zpoc. Most people that survived have settled down and aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Those herds could have changed course drastically.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

I dunno it stretches past the horizon ............ maybe this issue was the biggest herd we have seen gathered by people ?

In Letter Hacks, editor Sean Mackiewicz suggested that the "horde" seen at the end of this issue might be the largest ever encountered by the survivors.

http://walkingdead.w.../wiki/Issue_143

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

In Letter Hacks, editor Sean Mackiewicz suggested that the "horde" seen at the end of this issue might be the largest ever encountered by the survivors.

http://walkingdead.w.../wiki/Issue_143

Indeed that statement is what i have been commenting on sorry I was not clear.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!