The Walking Dead Issue #143 Review

- - - - - The Walking Dead Comic Series Issue Review Exo Epic Comic Book Rick Alpha Compendium 3

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

TALK, PEOPLE!

THAT FRICKING LAST PAGE THO!!

#Savage

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Not sure what to make of this issue. Feel like somethings been building for a long time now, and each issue, it feels like it never goes anywhere.

Am I wrong to think Zeke left to go catch up to Michonne? Hoping it wasnt his blood on alphas machete.

Were all the walkers at the end, actual walkers or whisperers? or a mix?

I did like the issue, just seems like theres a bit too much going on in too many different places that isnt amounting to anything.

I liked Carls speech, thought it actually gave a decent backbone to what some people might think was a stupid decision 

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Not sure what to make of this issue. Feel like somethings been building for a long time now, and each issue, it feels like it never goes anywhere.

Am I wrong to think Zeke left to go catch up to Michonne? Hoping it wasnt his blood on alphas machete.

Were all the walkers at the end, actual walkers or whisperers? or a mix?

I did like the issue, just seems like theres a bit too much going on in too many different places that isnt amounting to anything.

I liked Carls speech, thought it actually gave a decent backbone to what some people might think was a stupid decision 

To answer your Ezekiel question: Ezekiel probably doesn't know Michonne left... I think.

To answer your Herd question: The ROAMERS are ROAMERS, not Whisperers.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

But didnt Carl want to get the hell out of dodge last issue together with Lydia? He really REALLY doesnt want to be there, so what actually happend? He wants Lydia safe...sure...but...why wouldnt he want to go back? 

I'm confused. (Have only so far read the synopsis, so I'll re-evaluate how he acts when i get ahold of proper scans)

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

MEh...... the preview trolled me this month.

I thought there was going to be something big in this issue because of the two panel preview yet nothing big happened.

But in the letter hacks Kirkman says Negan use to be a used car salesman lol

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

But didnt Carl want to get the hell out of dodge last issue together with Lydia? He really REALLY doesnt want to be there, so what actually happend? He wants Lydia safe...sure...but...why wouldnt he want to go back? 

I'm confused. (Have only so far read the synopsis, so I'll re-evaluate how he acts when i get ahold of proper scans)

The Whisperers don't care about Carl's battle scars, unlike the Communities, who made him wear the shades.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

MEh....

But in the letter hacks Kirkman says Negan use to be a used car salesman lol

Yes.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

The Whisperers don't care about Carl's battle scars, unlike the Communities, who made him wear the shades.

Nobody forced Carl to wear the shades it was his own insecurity's that made him wear the glasses.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Wait....used car sales man?

I recall both Dale and Tyreese being car salesman. Hmm. Coincidence?

Or is it....

The Triforce of car salesmen? 

user222437_pic71490_1370609620_thumb.png

Not disappointed or anything, but I do still think he seemed more like a former biker/mafioso/bouncer.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

All I have to say is holy fuck that's a horde and a half.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Nobody forced Carl to wear the shades it was his own insecurity's that made him wear the glasses.

Yeah this is true. Carl is just thinking with his dick and is really throwing Rick under the bus and being unappreciative of what Rick has done for him over the years to keep him alive. I mean, does he not remember his father is missing a hand, has been shot up multiple times and has a bum leg? I say leave the ungrateful shit to the whisperers. He could have that Anna girl or even Sophia, and Carl is kind of putting everyone at risk, because he should have known Rick would go after him. 

Kind of hoping we didn't get an off panel death of Andrea, Michonne and Dante. I can't imagine Kirkman would do that. Ugh.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

I swear to god if I see another issue where someone says "YOU'RE THE RICK GRIMES" or the like....

as for that last page....yeah I hope that's walkers otherwise it's pretty fuckin stupid

Gonna have to hope kirkman isn't bullshitting in Hacks and it actually is a herd/hoard 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I swear to god if I see another issue where someone says "YOU'RE THE RICK GRIMES" or the like....

as for that last page....yeah I hope that's walkers otherwise it's pretty fuckin stupid

Gonna have to hope kirkman isn't bullshitting in Hacks and it actually is a herd/hoard 

Agree.............some things are getting pretty stupid.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
Pretty good issue. I think Carl's attachment to Lydia is pretty believable for someone his age. Alpha and the wisperers are definitely shaping up to be more of a formidable threat than I anticipated. I'm starting think that something major may happen which requires Negan being called into active duty.

ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

That's what I meant.  I thought you knew what I meant.  Sorry.  What I was trying to say was that Carl put those glasses on because he knew people would shun him or something.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

That's what I meant.  I thought you knew what I meant.  Sorry.  What I was trying to say was that Carl put those glasses on because he knew people would shun him or something.

Werd up ......peer pressure is a bitch.

I Heart Penny

I Heart Penny

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada

I actually really liked Carl's speech about his eye and Rick not being able to accept his disfigured face. It goes back all the way to Volume 15 when Carl was in a coma after being shot, and Rick was wondering if Carl's life was even worth living anymore. Rick knew how hard it would be for Carl to grow up with those scars....maybe some part of him still can't accept that he failed Carl. He may have rebuild civilization and created a peaceful world to live in....but Carl's face will always be a reminder to Rick that he couldn't give him a 'normal' life.

It's almost kinda poetic...the world is permanently scarred by the zombie apocalypse and Rick is doing his best to fix that scarring, like the scars on Carl's face that he prefers to see behind shades. Rick can't heal the damage done to his son, and he can't heal the damage done to the world, as much as he tries.

This guy's lost a hand, a knee, was shot three times, and now he's losing his son and possibly everything hes worked for....dam Rick can't catch a break. Lol

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I think it's the fact that people constantly wince at him that makes him feel like he has to wear the shades, though. To Rick, Carl's face is kind of a reminder of the things that Rick couldn't do

I mean, I'm not expecting Carl to be 100% rational when assigning blame for why he has to wear the shades or be 100% grateful to Rick. It's hard to forgot but Carl's still a kid. I'm always reminded of that time when Negan told Carl how "awesome" his eye-hole looked and Carl began to cry. Kids are sensitive about a lot of things--appearance nearly topping the list

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

The_Landlord

The_Landlord

Infected

• Members

Carl: Dad I'm not leaving!

Rick (to Alpha): I'd like to take my son and go.

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
It kind if upsets me knowing how much Rick is losing/ lost already. Its screaming out for Negan to help him hence Maggie's potential outburst at Rick. I can imagine Negan refusing to help until Rick says pretty please or something ridiculous. For the first time in a long time I'm starting to get excited with the on goings in the main story however, I feel like there's about 20 subplots that I've lost interest in.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I feel like there's about 20 subplots that I've lost interest in.

This was my biggest concern with adding so many characters during and after All Out War.

The book is becoming a bit of a jumbled mess seems like Kirkman might have to many irons in the fire at the moment.

11537702_10204274184724669_7612020085114

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
When kirkman talked about how he likes to torture Rick he wasn't lying.

I get the fact that it's a threat but for once. Just once can we meet people as a huge group and not have an enemy? We all pretty much knew what was going to happen. I want to see a bit more world rebuilding before another super huge threat comes along.

Alpha seems super confident. She must have destroyed places over and over again. It's annoying with the human species on the edge of extinction we are still killing innocent people.

rohlinmt

rohlinmt

Infected

• Members
  • LocationWinston-Salem NC

The thing that bothered me about this whole issue was that if Rick just once treated things diplomatically instead of being a huge jerk, everything would have been fine.

1. He encounters the Whisperer who knows of his son shortly after saying how reasonable they sound. Does he say:

"I'm the leader of our community and I'm here to see my son.  Will you take me to him?"  Nope, it's:

"Take me to my son or you're dead!"

2. He's then all "We have to make a break for it!"  He needed to treat the situation more like a visiting diplomat than a prisoner, because that's really what he is.

3. When he meets Alpha, he makes no effort to talk leader-to-leader, it's just whining and threats.  State why you came, and explain that your intent is not to disrupt, but just to find your son and ensure his welfare.  You might even thank her for--oh, I don't know--not killing him, extending kindness and sympathy to him, and NOT making him wear a flesh suit.  

4. When she says it's time to take a walk, walk and talk with her, LEADER-TO-LEADER.  Her gun wouldn't be necessary, and the entire trip itself might not be necessary if you just TALK.  "What are things that you need?: ... "How can my group help yours?", etc.

Rick was just so out of character all issue, it just grinded my brain.  Maybe it wasn't that he was out of character, but that his character has changed.  I don't know.

darthdre758

darthdre758

Infected

• Members

The thing that bothered me about this whole issue was that if Rick just once treated things diplomatically instead of being a huge jerk, everything would have been fine.

1. He encounters the Whisperer who knows of his son shortly after saying how reasonable they sound. Does he say:

"I'm the leader of our community and I'm here to see my son.  Will you take me to him?"  Nope, it's:

"Take me to my son or you're dead!"

2. He's then all "We have to make a break for it!"  He needed to treat the situation more like a visiting diplomat than a prisoner, because that's really what he is.

3. When he meets Alpha, he makes no effort to talk leader-to-leader, it's just whining and threats.  State why you came, and explain that your intent is not to disrupt, but just to find your son and ensure his welfare.  You might even thank her for--oh, I don't know--not killing him, extending kindness and sympathy to him, and NOT making him wear a flesh suit.  

4. When she says it's time to take a walk, walk and talk with her, LEADER-TO-LEADER.  Her gun wouldn't be necessary, and the entire trip itself might not be necessary if you just TALK.  "What are things that you need?: ... "How can my group help yours?", etc.

Rick was just so out of character all issue, it just grinded my brain.  Maybe it wasn't that he was out of character, but that his character has changed.  I don't know.

I agree with all of this.  Rick was just so...un-Rick.  It hurt to read it.  Make a run for it?  Right.  Especially after Alpha's away team totally snuck up on you.  You do that.

Also, I don't think Alpha killed anyone in the group Rick was with.  None of the other Whisperers who were watching them were seen back at camp.  Of course...how could you tell really?  But that's just me.

riyia

riyia

Infected

• Members

The machete looks familiar...

https://www.telltale...gdead/michonne/

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!