The Walking Dead Issue #142 Review

- - - - - Issue 142 Review The Walking Dead Comic Rick Carl Alpha Maggie

StarkExpanse

StarkExpanse

Lurker

• Members

As others have said, I think it's kind of weird that Alpha would show her face since Hilltop has already seen it. Her appearance doesn't exactly blend in with everyone in first place.

Urgency also doesn't seem to register with Maggie when her friend's only son has gone off chasing a civilization of skin-wearing crazies with the intent of doing something they won't like. Even beyond not sending a messenger, she just casually brings her stuff to her room and has a heartfelt moment before going to Rick and breaking the news. It's almost like she doesn't care very much, which doesn't feel right.

Lastly, I'm a bit confused about what the purpose is of Magna and her group at this point. It seemed they'd be a bigger deal starting out, but currently they're little more than ordinary Alexandria citizens; they get a few scenes every now and then, particularly Magna, but aren't really involved in anything. The last thing The Walking Dead needs right now is more characters who don't matter.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

You're right StarkExpanse. I was wonderin the same thing. Maybe a red herring.

Post Scriptum: Well it looks to me her character is a chess piece that he may use later if he gets stuck- or he has a long-term plan for her. I can't see it.     http://walkingdead.w....com/wiki/Magna

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Magna may be the new Rick/Maggie. Improved. Better and willing to fix this stuff. I could see her talking to Alpha and maybe settling what differences they have. Being New and being treated fairly well. It could help things in the scheme of things. Doubt it though.

WhiteChocolate

WhiteChocolate

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationDallas TX

It could be that Magna and her group is the link that weaves Alpha into all of this. When Magna was brought in, it was said that there was a process for new people. If the right people find out, Magna will be exposed.

XBOX One Gamertag: ROFbaggingU.  Blackops 3 Zombies mode: easter egg hunter.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Alpha's ''disguise'' is so laughably stupid.

Firstly, she's Lex Luthor tier bald. That stands out, especially on an woman. I guess she snuck in with the crowd, but seriously, she's not a familiar face and she stands out. Someone should be like '' If you are from here, then what's the name of the guy serving life? You WERE there, right? ''

Any good question like that.

Secondly, Maggie and a few others HAVE seen her face. They know what she looks like. Not even a hat, glasses or anything. Just her bald head and a different shirt.

Atleast find a wig or something. It's more hollow and see through than Clark Kent's ''disguise''.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Alpha's ''disguise'' is so laughably stupid.

Firstly, she's Lex Luthor tier bald. That stands out, especially on an woman. I guess she snuck in with the crowd, but seriously, she's not a familiar face and she stands out. Someone should be like '' If you are from here, then what's the name of the guy serving life? You WERE there, right? ''

Any good question like that.

Secondly, Maggie and a few others HAVE seen her face. They know what she looks like. Not even a hat, glasses or anything. Just her bald head and a different shirt.

Atleast find a wig or something. It's more hollow and see through than Clark Kent's ''disguise''.

I agree it is pretty stupid and lazy writing on Kirkman`s part.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Eh, as a whole, Alpha seems a little stupid. Or least parts of her thinking.

> Leads a group and is very adament about staying quiet. Makes sense.

> Uses a sawn-off shotgun, which is so contradictory to that first statement,  since if you fire it off, It's gonna be FUCKING LOUD. Especially since everyone else in her group seems to use knives mostly, which makes sense if they dont want to cause attention to themselves. 

I have complained about it before, but I'll only be okay with it if it's actually like, not loaded and is just used a scare tactic. That makes alot more sense than it being her go-to weapon.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

That's probably right Koibito- 12 gauge makes a loud noise. Walker Magnet.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!