ThatEpicBeast U Know

ThatEpicBeast U Know

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationVermont

Speak among yourselves, minions.

My review is on Google Play's The Walking Dead #142 page:

https://play.google....id=Hy_UCQAAQBAJ

Damn, Dante.  Still trying get Maggie...

YouTube channel: https://www.youtube....suSrDxf3qF6z34w (Epic A)

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Finally we get the fair, but it doesn't seem shit is going to hit the fan at Alexandria, unless Alpha is found out to be there, but nobody knows what she looks like aside from Carl. Very interesting that instead of interrrogating Carl further that she's infiltrated Alexandria. Rick, Andrea, Michonne and Dante going hot on the trail to recover Carl isn't a surprise. I can't believe Rick didn't get more pissed at Maggie. Dante, you sly dog, you just may have a chance with Maggie yet. Interested to see if Rick is going to inadvertently cause a war with the Whisperers now. Also, looks like Andrea's crying in the preview was just her being overwhelmed at the returning normalcy of everyday life and people coming together for the fair. Nice to learn a little more about Siddiq in this issue. Seems like he has some potential to become a little more important of a player. Also wondering when Magna and her crew will get a little more story too. After 15 issues they're still just kind of there.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Enjoyed this issue infinitely more than the last. Finding the Whisperers to be a very interesting group.

Alpha sure got to Alexandria pretty damn quick though, huh? 

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Part of me wants to think that Alpha is merely on a recon mission and doesn't intend to cause any harm to Alexandria. We still have the news of Gregory's execution looming, and it would be really interesting for her to learn of that during her visit. Imagine if she were to slip behind the walls and find the jailhouse--the conversations she would have with Negan. After the "from an outside perspective, you look like an evil piece of shit" line that Negan shot at Rick, it would be very poetic. I know that the Negan pleading with outsiders to free him storyline has been done before, but perhaps Alpha may sympathize with a caged animal, whereas Magna saw him for what he was.

I'm glad Rick pulled back from his rage at Maggie for letting Carl leave and giving up the search. Rick has shown several instances of allowing his anger to control him, but he went back on it in this case, after finding out Maggie was almost killed. Also, that epic shot of them riding off is totally spaghetti western, but still awesome (and Rick's horse's snout looks like Jack Skellington's head. Once seen, it cannot be unseen!).

This issue wasn't as good as the last one, but it definitely progressed the story.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Immune10

Immune10

Infected

• Members
  • LocationI'm not on a boat
Good thing they've been stockpiling bullets because they're gonna need them.... I've been thinking for a while why don't the communities get together and go on a walker hunt, few hundred people mass murdering walkers would surely clear out a lot of the dead, also after Andreas recent happiness about their society coming together, and her looking badass in her cowgirl hat I'm leaning towards her maybe biting the dust shortly, the cover for the first issue of the new compendium says blood for blood , and with two issues left something drastic should be waiting us

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Rick's horse's snout looks like Jack Skellington's head. Once seen, it cannot be unseen!

It totally does, haha!

Immune10

Immune10

Infected

• Members
  • LocationI'm not on a boat
Not to mention Rick, he lost Lori Judith end of compendium 1

mrkareemruiz

mrkareemruiz

Infected

• Members

We want more Michonne.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

6.5 out of 10....

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

NAGILLUM

NAGILLUM

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationCanada, eh!

Good issue.

Not as great as the last issue, but I like that things are finally progressing. Siddiq and Dante seem like cool guys, they have potential to be regulars, unlike Magna & co. who I still don't care about.

And wow, that was quick with Alpha infiltrating ASZ. Good cliffhanger like the last issue, because I honestly don't know what to think of it, not sure yet whether her intentions are bad or good but I guess Kirkman wasn't kidding when he said things will get interesting in these last few issues.

About Rick, seems like he is slowly losing it to me. Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Sure any reasonable parent would be upset if their child ran off like that, but Rick didn't have to lose it on Maggie like that. Anyway, 8/10.

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past, or the present, are certain to miss the future.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

or we sure it was alpha infiltrating or just another bald whisperer

Come on Dante !!

Four horsemen of the apocalypse riding past a skull. ominous 

The Christian apocalyptic vision is that the four horsemen are to set a divine apocalypse upon the world as harbingers of the Last Judgment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Why are people so surprised Alpha made it in? It's a fair for all communities it's not like they keep a list of names and faces of people from each community. Also, they are taking people in all the time. As long as they show they are friendly it's ok. ( Remember what Magna and co. Went through?)

Alpha seems to be "territorial" like some animals. This will cause some serious issues. I really don't want another war atm. I hope they can come together and figure this stuff all out. Alpha also seems like she has major issues. With everyone telling her what each place does. She can now mark down who does what and who is most important and if they attack...who they go after first. It has to bother her that some kid she just met already is more protective of her daughter than she is. ( but we also dk what all is true)

I figure Dante will tell Rick and co about Gregory being dead. He will tell him it was a one time thing and it needed to be done. It won't be that big of a factor after they knew he was trying to kill her. (Hopefullylz5v

As for Carl leaving. You can't be mad at Maggie. She sent people out. He left on his own. He knows better.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

5/10

Someone please tell me what I'm missing here because this issue was even worse than the last one. At least Rick and Negan had a good talk last issue. This one is boring as shit though.

I'm so confused about the location and distance of things. When Dante ran into the Whisperers he went west from Hilltop. When Jesus left Alexandria he went North and found Whisperers, and I always assumed they were in completely different directions because Jesus was going to the northern border, and if that's the border then Hilltop would not be "in the uncharted territories" or whatever.

And apparently the group Carl is with is just hanging out in the woods outside of Alexandria because Alpha that crazy bitch just wanders into Alexandria (a place we had no idea she even knew about) and joins the party, er, fair...

Still have no idea why Maggie never sent a rider to tell Rick his kid ran away. All that went down before the Gregory shit. And if Carl running off in puppy love is worse than the Michonne incident then was the Michonne incident really that bad then, could it? Also, I would think if it were worse then the search effort should have been more than sending Dante and couple dudes out for two days to look for him.

To me, it's like working on the TV has clearly had a negative impact on RK and his writing. What made the TWD special (to me, anyway) feels like it has driven out of the story for the most part since the start of AOW. I guess I should be thankful that it didn't end in another troll job cliffhanger this month...

All I can think of, or hope, is that something huge is coming soon that will really shake things up because to be honest not a whole hell of lot has gone on since the new beginning and my interest is beginning to wane. Even the post-No Way Out was far more interesting than the present. And I'm someone who was really amped up and positive about the future direction when the Whisperers were introduced...

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

5/10

Someone please tell me what I'm missing here because this issue was even worse than the last one. At least Rick and Negan had a good talk last issue. This one is boring as shit though.

I'm so confused about the location and distance of things. When Dante ran into the Whisperers he went west from Hilltop. When Jesus left Alexandria he went North and found Whisperers, and I always assumed they were in completely different directions because Jesus was going to the northern border, and if that's the border then Hilltop would not be "in the uncharted territories" or whatever.

And apparently the group Carl is with is just hanging out in the woods outside of Alexandria because Alpha that crazy bitch just wanders into Alexandria (a place we had no idea she even knew about) and joins the party, er, fair...

Still have no idea why Maggie never sent a rider to tell Rick his kid ran away. All that went down before the Gregory shit. And if Carl running off in puppy love is worse than the Michonne incident then was the Michonne incident really that bad then, could it? Also, I would think if it were worse then the search effort should have been more than sending Dante and couple dudes out for two days to look for him.

To me, it's like working on the TV has clearly had a negative impact on RK and his writing. What made the TWD special (to me, anyway) feels like it has driven out of the story for the most part since the start of AOW. I guess I should be thankful that it didn't end in another troll job cliffhanger this month...

All I can think of, or hope, is that something huge is coming soon that will really shake things up because to be honest not a whole hell of lot has gone on since the new beginning and my interest is beginning to wane. Even the post-No Way Out was far more interesting than the present. And I'm someone who was really amped up and positive about the future direction when the Whisperers were introduced...

They discussed why Maggie didn't send someone.

As for the distance and places. People can get turned around and the whisperers are probably exploring the land which is why they ran into them in different places.

Michonne up and left and didn't tell anyone seeings how she is a strong character and means a lot to the group yes her missing is an issue and a very big deal. She could have lost her mind and left or any other thing. You just never know.

A lot of time is passing during some of these issues. I'm sure Alpha and her group has seen most of communities. Or she just asked Carl.

These last two issues have been good. Idk what everyone has a problem with. The story is actually now moving forward.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

5/10

And apparently the group Carl is with is just hanging out in the woods outside of Alexandria because Alpha that crazy bitch just wanders into Alexandria (a place we had no idea she even knew about) and joins the party, er, fair...

agreed.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

I Heart Penny

I Heart Penny

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOntario, Canada
Well there was a question in Letter Hacks about that actually, in issue 127 the fair is said to be two months away, definitely doesn't feel like two months have past though. Kirkman said its because of travel times to other communities and because he skips days where nothing happens. I guess that's the way TWD is now.

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Interesting issue.

I'm still thinking that the skin walkers are not a major threat.  I think  they just want to be left alone.

Though they might be large in number, the other communities   have shown themselves  capable of producing ammunition, etc.

I think some kind of "world war" between the various communities could happen.

We've already seen conflicting visions of leadership between Rick and Maggie with regard to how criminals are handled.  And there's the underlying resentment about Carl running off under her watch.

The Saviors have been referred to as   "weirdos" and "red-headed step children."

At first glance it all looks like fairly small potatoes, but there's potential for greater conflict here. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Meh

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Interesting issue.

I'm still thinking that the skin walkers are not a major threat. I think they just want to be left alone.

Though they might be large in number, the other communities have shown themselves capable of producing ammunition, etc.

I think some kind of "world war" between the various communities could happen.

We've already seen conflicting visions of leadership between Rick and Maggie with regard to how criminals are handled. And there's the underlying resentment about Carl running off under her watch.

The Saviors have been referred to as "weirdos" and "red-headed step children."

At first glance it all looks like fairly small potatoes, but there's potential for greater conflict here.

It's weird that people are now being judged by the way they live and not race or anything else.

The saviors went a few yrs with Negan, i'm sure a few of them are a little out there.

The kingdom folks lived like it was Medieval times. Hilltop and Alexandria seem to be the ones who stayed "normal"

We got Alpha and her group being like animals. Wearing Walker skins, Not having names, Raping kids, and living like barbarians. This will make the savoirs look like tame puppies.

I think Earl showing Alpha he makes daggers and swords will play a huge role in this.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Also, looks like Andrea's crying in the preview was just her being overwhelmed at the returning normalcy of everyday life and people coming together for the fair. 

Ayyyyyy, I got something right for once, haha.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Reavesfilm

Reavesfilm

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Carl just let Alpha leave and scout his home? Pfffff.  And none of this, "She left without him noticing!"  Carl went after her specifically to get Lydia, he's going to notice if Alpha just disappears.  

Other than that, love the issue! It progressed the story really well.  It's great to see Michonne/Andrea/Rick out on the road together again... oh and Dante. 

"I believe in Rick Grimes."

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Carl just let Alpha leave and scout his home? Pfffff.  And none of this, "She left without him noticing!"  Carl went after her specifically to get Lydia, he's going to notice if Alpha just disappears.  

Other than that, love the issue! It progressed the story really well.  It's great to see Michonne/Andrea/Rick out on the road together again... oh and Dante. 

Carl might be tied up to a tree right now for all we know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jon is fine, dammit.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

It's a perfect formula for a death. Gimpy assed Rick, being the top of my list. But now I think about it- It's probably Michonne. You say but but issue 145 has the bloody katana in the ground (Like a soldier's battle field tombstone).... The person with the Katana right now is Ezekiel.

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Carl isn't the only one who knows what Alpha looks like, Maggie, Dante, and Ken all do. She took off her mask during the hostage exchange so I'm guessing they got a look of her face. A bunch of hilltop guards would have too, but they're probably back there and not at the fair. But yeah idk, I feel like she would look really out of place at the fair.. Of course there's so many people there so nobody will really notice. But with the shaved head that does seem a little odd for a woman, maybe they just assume shes a guy lol. Maybe Maggie recognizes her as she's trying to slip out and leave, could be interesting..

I'm kind of bummed that Negan wasn't somehow involved in this whole Carl situation, obviously from reading the last issue that's not where the story was going so I'm not surprised. Cool to see Rick, Andrea, and Michonne all riding out to FSU. I don't think we'll see some kind of a war, as Alpha seems really interested in learning more about them and possibly working together towards some sort of mutual gain. I'm guessing Rick and company just go in no questions asked, guns blazing and go get Carl back. This probably creates some sort of tension, but nothing major I don't think.

Maybe one of them dies? Who knows but I feel that Rick will be the one that is stubborn and unwilling to work with The Whisperers while Alpha will be the opposite. 

Reavesfilm

Reavesfilm

Infected

• Members
  • LocationLos Angeles

Carl might be tied up to a tree right now for all we know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

True that! haha Didn't even think about that! 

"I believe in Rick Grimes."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!