Mad Max: Fury Road

- - - - - mad max

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

So metal. That's all

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

One of my most anticipated movies to see this year. 

Nothing says badassery more than playing a guitar flamethrower 

tumblr_nok474Sicq1rxsqkno1_500.gif

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

To bad this movie was beat out by Pitch Perfect 2 meaning we will prob never get another movie as bad ass as this one.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

To bad this movie was beat out by Pitch Perfect 2 meaning we will prob never get another movie as bad ass as this one.

It's already made $100m at the box office, which is good for an R rated movie. The film is getting insane reviews, and George Miller already has three other movies planned out, along with Tom Hardy being signed to do them. 

I think there will be a sequel! 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

It's already made $100m at the box office, which is good for an R rated movie. The film is getting insane reviews, and George Miller already has three other movies planned out, along with Tom Hardy being signed to do them. 

I think there will be a sequel! 

It cost 200 mill to make so they got a ways to go to make a profit and it will die after the second week but i sure hope you are right.

DaneBramage

DaneBramage

Biter

• Members
  • Location16 National Championships NCAA Div I Football

So Cheerful eh PT?

"(When/If) You come at the King, you best not miss"- Omar Little

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

So Cheerful eh PT?

I LOVE Mad Max but I am just being realistic to how the movie business works.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

I was very surprised (and dismayed) that Pitch Perfect 2 overtook it this weekend. Really didn't expect that. Guess I should have gone to see it.

justvic77

justvic77

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN
I wouldn't be too dismayed that Pitch Perfect 2 was #1 this past weekend, and it'll likely do fairly well next weekend also. It's built do play to a broader audience here in the states, and is something that is going to get picked as more of a date movie than Mad Max would. Also, to be honest, Anna Kendrick is pretty bankable right now.

The only things that probably hindered Mad Max in the states is the R rating, and that there were reviewers crying about the movie being feminist. The film is still going to perform well internationally and will probably have made it's $150mil budget back by the end of this weekend. It'll probably do better in the long run with Rentals, Blu-Ray sales and so forth. So financially it'll still be a profit. And as long as George Miller is alive and kicking, there'll be more Mad Max. I think The Road Warrior only made 10 million after the original made $100 mil. But we still got Thunderdome (which didn't break 40-50 mil either)
The first step is the one you believe in, the second one might be profound.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
With how bad the production went on fury road I am not holding my breath for more movies.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

http://www.ign.com/a...ury-road-sequel

Gravelord

Gravelord

Lurker

• Members

This movie was amazing. 

Would be a great shame if a sequel never comes to pass. 

Rudy5.png "Let the slaughter begin..."

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!