The Walking Dead 141 Review

- - - - - Walking dead

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

This issue has not shown up electronically via Ibooks or Image Comics App.  I hope they will get better about that in the future.

As for this issue there are some spoilers up on the Walking Dead Wikia.

Spoiler
  I am in Europe and when i wake up its usually available for download.  So frustrating!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Negan is going to be a part of team Rick real soon.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

Really, really good issue. We see Dwight, we see Negan trying to gain Rick's trust, we see Rick berate Olivia for leaving the door unlocked, and finally, we see Rick explaining to Andrea why we don't kill in this world, only to cut to Gregory swinging from the Hangman's Tree. Awesome, awesome ending!

Also, Negan coined the term "Rick Puppet" while he was explaining all the things he could have done while the door was open.

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Some of the best dialog from Negan ever !

Image-109-600x225.jpg

Image-106-600x304.jpg

Image-110-600x297.jpg

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Negan's Cock Fan Club? Holy shit. hahahahahah

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Punch your balloon knot lol !!!!

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

So this was a really great issue that I liked a lot. I was surprised that Negan didn't do a damn thing about his cell being unlocked. I agree that Negan is probably going to be utilized at some point soon, maybe when Rick finds out that Carl is out with the Whisperers. Negan could have very easily killed RIck right there, hell as we said he could have killed more people, raped Andrea, burned shit down, but he didn't. Negan may have been a monster, and still has the potential to be, but despite that he's still weirdly reasonable. Finally we get to see Dwight! Too bad him and Sherry didn't work out, or maybe they decided to be swingers/polygamous? That must weigh on Dwight pretty heavily since his face his hamburger and it sound's like she wasn't willing to look past that. I wonder what will come of a potential Saviors election where Dwight steps down? Obviously we haven't seen the inner workings of the Saviors since the takedown of Negan, but really Dwight is hte only important member of that group anyway. Negan's dialog with Rick was great, some choice lines and probably the best back & forth between them yet! I liked the juxtaposition of Rick saying we don't kill anymore and then the next page is Gregory fucking hanging dead from a tree with the Hilltop residents watching, that was pretty brutal. Glad that asshole got what was coming to him finally, but I wonder what repercussions Maggie's leadership will face and what Rick will say when he finds out. He'll probably be more pissed and preoccupied that nobody went after Carl though. 

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

I loved this issue! Dwight is back fuck yeah!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Gregory dead..................

rs_403x219-141211122133-cage_bliss.gif

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

I woke up  and my first thought about the new issue was "I bet nothing happens"

HUZZAH! 

this is like the 100th time since the jump that and issue has ended with a "?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?" and the next issue resolved it with a "...oh. ok?"

Kirkman could have at least had a less "broken record" conversation between Negan and Rick

"Look I know I'm asshole but-"
"fuck you"
"dude come on I could have done anything while that door was open but"
"fuck you"
"DUDE"
"fuck you"

all in all an...okay issue.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

The conversation between Rick and Negan was fucking hilarious. So many awesome quotes. I was surprised Negan didn't do anything, but I think he knows if he went full Negan and fucked shit up the second he got out, he'd either be shot or just thrown back into jail again, so he's just biding his time. Hell yes for Gregory being hanged. That was definitely an unexpected, yet great surprise!

Also Dwight looks a little like Kurt Cobain with his hair grown out and all scruffed up.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

The conversation between Rick and Negan was fucking hilarious. So many awesome quotes. I was surprised Negan didn't do anything, but I think he knows if he went full Negan and fucked shit up the second he got out, he'd either be shot or just thrown back into jail again, so he's just biding his time. Hell yes for Gregory being hanged. That was definitely an unexpected, yet great surprise!

Also Dwight looks a little like Kurt Cobain with his hair grown out and all scruffed up.

I really was not surprised by Negan not doing anything Kirkman is the king of the anti-climatic cliffhangers.

But i do think he will end up on team Rick and will then be used to hunt for Carl and then he will use the whispers against ASZ.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Fianlly an issue I am excited about coloring.

This entire issue was just great.

We got Burgerface in his new ''sex'' Swat gearup. 

We got Negan being....well, Negan again. 

...and finally....DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD.

REJOICE.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I love it when Negan gets all sailor mouthed but still lays out reasoning you can't deny. I also loved Andrea getting sassy with Rick, "Don't talk down to me." Be careful, grandpa. She'll hide your cane and next thing you know, the only thing getting tapped is your balloon knot.  :o

Don't know what it was but I died laughing when we went from Rick's speech about civility to Gregory dangling from a tree. By the way, the drawing in that panel was fucking superb.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Epic Jones

Epic Jones

S-mart Employee

• Members

I don't know why, but after this issue I could see it being that Dwight is Rosita's baby's father since he and Sherry have apparently been split for a while. Just a thought.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
Great issue. This isn't a nitpick or anything but i just wish we could have saw the moment up right before Gregory dying. Lol. I just see it and i'm like....WHAT!!!!

I think the communities may start to seperate in the way they see things. They may just decide it's time for each place to make their own rules. Maggie was in a different scenario than Rick...Negan just mostly taunted him always stated he would never kill him. Gregory tried to kill Maggie and even had people in on it being locked up wouldn't have helped.

leegreenman

leegreenman

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationLong Island, NY
I really enjoyed this issue for reasons mentioned previously. Negan just has a knack for saying the right thing doesn't he? Rick's no killing speech juxtaposed against Gregory' s hanging was note perfect.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Wow...it's been a long time since I've been so disappointed in an issue. 5/10 for me, and I think that's being generous. The only thing I liked about this issue was Dwight.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really, really tired of the Kirkman cliffhanger troll jobs. Maybe RK is just trying to lull the reader into a false sense of security that cliffhangers will always lead to nothing the next issue because he's planning on dropping a huge bomb soon, but I just can't see it anymore. It seems to be just...I don't want to say lazy writing but it's definitely a cheap trick. Anyway...

Rick sure was particularly a douche this issue. I was hoping that Andrea would slug him in the mouth. Seems Negan is correct in his assessment. What Rick fails to realize while he's on his self-righteous trip is that even in the ZA (especially in the ZA) some people are too dangerous to allow to live. Gregory was one, for certain, and Negan another.

I would have thought that Maggie would have sent riders to let Rick now about Carl, but I guess not.

Even Gregory's demise was a disappointment. I wanted to see the entire movie there, not just the credits.

He's hoping 142 makes up for the boring suckage that was 141...

reflassshh

reflassshh

Infected

• Members
  • LocationBuenos Aires
Good issue. I would've shot Negan in the face before he finished his speech but whatever.

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
Love the Gregory death ending.... that was a long time coming. Rick and Negan exchange was fantastic - I think Negan really got the best of his opportunity. There is no way he could have escaped ASZ alive, and at the end of the day - living protected from walkers, not starving to death isn't the worst life there is right now.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

I thought someone would have bitched by now how Rick and Dwight are in good terms considering the death of Abraham.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

I should say that I knew nothing would happen with Negan this issue

but I was hoping it'd be a more interesting nothing
Like I was hoping that he'd at least get to see what Rick had done in his absence and been like "...b r u h"

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

I wonder how strict Rick's "no killing" rule is. All of the times he's killed human beings in the series have been pretty much justified anyway. (mostly self-defense, protecting loved ones etc.)

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

No killing as punishment for any crime.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I thought someone would have bitched by now how Rick and Dwight are in good terms considering the death of Abraham.

They already had a few issues with each other. Dwight was doing what he was ordered to do. Didn't he later apologize to Rick? Sure it doesn't mend things but the man had half his face burnt off by Negan. It's stay in a awful situation or die.

2 things irk me about this series in general though...the awful miscommunication that happens an awful lot....like why was nobody warned about the whisperers already? Why did Maggie not send anyone to tell Rick his son took off? The second thing is it seems like people can't stay with someone they want to be with and everyone sleeps with someone else.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!