What Is Pete Saying?

- - - - - Pete finale

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

Pete enters the meeting yelling, "You don't belong here" (or something like that).

But what is he saying when he's pinned to the ground?

I think it might matter.

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

I think it was "This is him...this is him" and "It's him...this is him".

I think Pete was blaming Rick for what he did. 

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Here's the exchange from these transcripts.

Pete:  You're not one of us.
You're not one of us!

Pete, you don't want to do this.
- Get the hell away from me, Reg.
- Pete, just stop.
- Get away from me.
- Deanna: Reg.
Reg.
(whispers) Not now. - Not sure who said this - Pete, I think
- Get away.
Get away!
-

Now, Pete, stop.
Pete-- (Deanna screams) - No, no! Oh, no, no! - (gurgling) -

Pete: This is him! - Shut up! - This is him! -

(Deanna sobbing) Oh, God! Oh, my love.
My love, my love.
(sobbing) No, my love, no.
No, my love.
Pete: It's him! This is him!

Rick do it.

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama
He was saying something like: "is all his... Is him"...."this is his"....meaning that what just happened with Reg was Rick's fault

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama
"Not now"...that was Carol telling Rick to let Pete show his true.colors in front of all.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

"Not now"...that was Carol telling Rick to let Pete show his true.colors in front of all.

Thanks.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

My interpretation of the scene is that Pete was practically blotto, and his crazy repetitive "this is him" ramblings

indicated he wasn't even fully aware that he had just sliced and diced Reg to death. Face it he wasn't even holding

the flippin' Katana right. It's amazing he was even standing, and he sort of "fell" into Reg with the thing. 

However I haven't watched it again yet. 

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I agree with DOMF.  He was a drunktard,  I took the scene as he didn't want Rick in the community "Your not one of us" while barely being able to stand up correctly then pushed or fell into Reg slicing throat with Abe jumping on top of Pete ranting on trying to blame Rick with "this is him".  Glad your gone Pete.

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

Here's the exchange from these transcripts.

Pete:  You're not one of us.
You're not one of us!

Pete, you don't want to do this.
- Get the hell away from me, Reg.
- Pete, just stop.
- Get away from me.
- Deanna: Reg.
Reg.
(whispers) Not now. - Not sure who said this - Pete, I think
- Get away.
Get away!
-

Now, Pete, stop.
Pete-- (Deanna screams) - No, no! Oh, no, no! - (gurgling) -

Pete: This is him! - Shut up! - This is him! -

(Deanna sobbing) Oh, God! Oh, my love.
My love, my love.
(sobbing) No, my love, no.
No, my love.
Pete: It's him! This is him!

Rick do it.

The only thing you forgot was, "aaaaaaaaand... scene!"

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN

Thanks for this! I also had trouble understanding what he was saying once pinned to the ground.

I am you and what I see, is me.

stableboy

stableboy

Lurker

• Members
Sooo....did he intend to slice reg neck? Or just shove him?

Sungoddess

Sungoddess

Infected

• Members

I thought Pete meant to slice Reg...I'd have to rewatch that moment.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I thought it was supposed to be accidental. Pete was distraught after losing his family, blaming Rick for it all and shit faced drunk.

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

So much for Pete's last words being important - lol!

Thanks, all!

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Sooo....did he intend to slice reg neck? Or just shove him?

I thought it was accidental - like he was going to move him away and forgot that he had something really sharp in his hand.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Accidental. Like Dawn killing Beth.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators
It hit me as kind of a drunk stumble. Drunk or not I see no reason pete would have anything against Reg...
he was the real diplomat of the town.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I believe Pete said, "He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of aaarrrrggh'."

Putting out fire with gasoline.

Deputy

Deputy

Infected

• Members

He was saying "it was him, it's him!" ie "it's Rick fault this happened, he's come here and ruined things, he made me do this." Thinking about it now it's kind of ironic in that relates to Shane vs Rick, when Rick angrily sobbed how "this was you, not me!" when he stabs him. In that case Shane was willing to fight and kill for Lori so he forced Rick's hand. In Alexandria Rick is willing to kill Pete for his wife and so Pete tries to kill him, again saying how Rick forced his hand and made him do it. If it weren't for him being an abusive drunk and Jessie wanting out Pete was the good guy in all this and was standing exactly in Rick's shoes vs Shane. 

I believe Pete said, "He who is valiant and pure of spirit may find the Holy Grail in the Castle of aaarrrrggh'."

Haha brilliant. He wasn't a drunk nutter, just a misunderstood sage

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

There are always "hidden" leaders in groups. Take Grady for example, Dawn was simply Deanna's counterpart. 

The real power was Gordon, and O'Flannigan, and maybe to a lesser degree, Doc Edwards. 

IN Alexandria, Pete was certainly one of them. Poor Doc, he had a good thing going until people showed up

with a pesky conscience and the courage to do something about it. Plenty of power and respect (being the doctor)

plenty of beer, a pretty wife to flaunt, and beat, and torment and...no doubt other things...when the mood hit him.

Yep life was good for him. I find it very ironic, and poetically just, that in the end that very booze he had unlimited

access to is what got him killed. 

I also think that anyone who approaches an irate drunk holding a sharpened sword to reason with them is an EEJIT. 

The whole scene in my mind was designed to have an expendable character die, get Pete killed, get Deanna to exact

her hypocritical revenge in front of all, let Rick kill his romantic rival, and  allow Morgan to get one of the mot perfectly

TIMED shocks of his life.  There it is. lol 

tricky92

tricky92

Infected

• Members
  • LocationEast Coast

There are always "hidden" leaders in groups. Take Grady for example, Dawn was simply Deanna's counterpart. 

The real power was Gordon, and O'Flannigan, and maybe to a lesser degree, Doc Edwards. 

IN Alexandria, Pete was certainly one of them. Poor Doc, he had a good thing going until people showed up

with a pesky conscience and the courage to do something about it. Plenty of power and respect (being the doctor)

plenty of beer, a pretty wife to flaunt, and beat, and torment and...no doubt other things...when the mood hit him.

Yep life was good for him. I find it very ironic, and poetically just, that in the end that very booze he had unlimited

I also think that anyone who approaches an irate drunk holding a sharpened sword to reason with them is an EEJIT. 

The whole scene in my mind was designed to have an expendable character die, get Pete killed, get Deanna to exact

her hypocritical revenge in front of all, let Rick kill his romantic rival, and  allow Morgan to get one of the mot perfectly

That was great.

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama

Perfect!!!! Totally agree.
See, that level of reasoning is what happens after we eat Carol's cookies!!!! :)

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

That was great.

Perfect!!!! Totally agree.
See, that level of reasoning is what happens after we eat Carol's cookies!!!! :)

Thanks. Must be the applesauce.  :D

sluicedawg

sluicedawg

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationAlabama/Georgia line

Hear! Hear! Well Said Old Chap! No ambiguity there mate! A beautifully wrapped pleasantly fragranced hardcore recap and analogy presented with Old Money class and aplomb!

everdeenkatniss257

everdeenkatniss257

Infected

• Members

I think that anyone who techniques an angry intoxicated having a pointed blade to purpose with them is an EEJIT. The whole field produce was meant to have an disposable personality die, get Pete murdered, get Deanna to actual her hypocritical vengeance before all, let John destroy his loving competing, and  allow Morgan to get one of the mot completely TIMED bumps of his lifestyle. There it is. lol

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!