Let's Talk About Those Pix

* * * * - 1 Pix Pics Season 5 Finale

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

Did anyone else notice the Wolves' photos are identical in quality and print to those that Aaron had in his backpack to show Rick in the episode The Distance? Aaron asks Rick to forgive the quality of the photos of AlexComm but they've "discovered an old photo..." and Daryl tells him to shut up. Then Rick knocks out Aaron and we go to the opening title sequence.

The Wolves' photo of Rick and Carl was taken after they arrived in AlexComm because Rick is clean-shaven and has his hair cut and Carl is his current age. I don't believe the photos were in the backpack of the guy Daryl and Aaron spied earlier and whose throat was slit by the Wolves. (I think the shot of the Wolf leaning down for the backpack was a red herring to make you possibly assume backpack guy was the owner of those photos.) I think The Wolves had those photos already and there's a good chance there's a mole inside AlexComm. Could it be Enid? Are the Wolves part of her group that were ejected by Deanna?  

What do you think?

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

I thought Aaron dropped them in the scuffle to get out?

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

I thought Aaron dropped them in the scuffle to get out?

That's a thought - was that Aaron's backpack then?

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members

I thought they were dropped as well and the wolf guy was just thumping through them.

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

Ok - sounds plausible to me. Will need to go back and see if Aaron still has his backpack when he and Daryl are standing at the group meeting with Morgan in tow.

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

Of course, if Aaron lost his backpack, does that mean the Wolves now have all the high-tech goodies that were in it? Binoculars, camera, maybe (?), the super-powered listening device?

Anybody remember what he typically keeps in there?

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Daryl was using some of the stuff to spy outside of the food building, so maybe he had it in his bag. I'm just suprised they didn't check inside the building first to make sure the place was clear before opening the very quiet, walker filled trucks.

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

Now you have me wanting to go home and check that out. I noticed that it was pictures of Rick and Carl and whatnot, but didn't notice whether or not he was clean shaven. If that's the case, then someone has been feeding them intel. There's no other way it could play out. I assumed that Aaron lost his bag in the whole mess when I saw them, but now you have me rethinking that whole scenario.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

Aaron dropped his bag to pull out his machete when he was wrestling a walker. It happens just after Daryl kills the three walkers with the chain. 

Here's a screencap.

NhdWbjv.png

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama

Aaron dropped his bag to pull out his machete when he was wrestling a walker. It happens just after Daryl kills the three walkers with the chain. 
Here's a screencap.
NhdWbjv.png

Exactly. And the reason why he was carrying the pics was to show it to their possible new members. That's why he carries the pics around. In case of finding a candidate, he would show the pics....same as he did with Rick

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

Yes, I thought of that, but when did they go and get new photos developed? It's not as though they didn't have enough photos as it was. With all the things on their to-do list, I don't see running off to the photo developers as a very pressing errand. Anybody know the time frame we're talking about here? How long have they been at AlexComm? Surely no more than two weeks or so? Thoughts?

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

They are the same pictures that were shown to Rick. Aaron dropped his bag. There are no new photos. (And if there were, they'd be using a darkroom and developing themselves.)

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

They are the same pictures that were shown to Rick. Aaron dropped his bag. There are no new photos. (And if there were, they'd be using a backroom and developing themselves.)

There was clearly a picture of Rick in the stack the Wolf was looking at, though. Was Aaron taking Glamourshots of our group while he was eavesdropping on them to determine if they should be allowed to audition?

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Wait, WHAT??? How did I miss that?! Unless maybe Aaron took a picture of Rick in his constable clothes to show how "civilized" Alexandria is?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

Yeah, that's what I'm uncertain about. The pic was flipped by just quickly enough that I didn't catch if he was shaven or not. OP thinks he was all dandied up in the picture the Wolf saw, which would mean he took more before they went out recruiting.

It only makes sense that Aaron's bag was dropped and that's where they came from, there's proof, but I think so many people are sure that Enid's a mole, we want that to come to fruition.

The zombie Flanders

The zombie Flanders

S-mart Employee

• Members

Yeah, that's what I'm uncertain about. The pic was flipped by just quickly enough that I didn't catch if he was shaven or not. OP thinks he was all dandied up in the picture the Wolf saw, which would mean he took more before they went out recruiting.

It only makes sense that Aaron's bag was dropped and that's where they came from, there's proof, but I think so many people are sure that Enid's a mole, we want that to come to fruition.

he probably took the pic to add to the collection after Michonne asked him why there weren't any people in the shots

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

My assumption is he was rummaging through a bag Daryl or Aaron left behind.

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama

Wait, WHAT??? How did I miss that?! Unless maybe Aaron took a picture of Rick in his constable clothes to show how "civilized" Alexandria is?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

. Yes there were at least one photo of Rick an Carl. I also believe that the photos are developed in the Alexandria Safe zone..s
Amateur style...that's why are poor quality. Aaron mentioned something about the quality of the pics when he showed it to Rick the first time they met, just before Rick hit him.

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I thought maybe they fell out in the vehicle and that is how the wolves found them.  I also thought it was funny that they used the clean shaven Rick for the photo.  I don't remember if he was in his Sheriff's uniform or not.  Either way I think those photos are going to end up with a much larger character to come sometime in S6.

BitBrit

BitBrit

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationNorth West England
Didn't Michonne comment on the lack of people in the photos and then didn't they ask the 3 questions of Aaron? Perhaps they improved their pics based on that.

MoxyFox

MoxyFox

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMeadville, PA

As far as hubby and I could tell, Aaron dropped his bag and the wolves found the photos in there. As BitBrit said, I'm pretty sure when Aaron originally met Rick's group, someone asked why there were no people in any of the photos. I'm assuming Aaron snapped a few off after that to take on his trips, since having actual people in the photos makes the community seem more inviting and trustworthy.

GirlsDeadMonster

GirlsDeadMonster

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

I agree with the consensus that it's Aaron's bag with photos to show other potential survivors. I'm sure the one of Rick is significant because I think he was in uniform to prove that Alexandria has some form of a police force for safety. Now the Wolves know who set off their trap. But they might target Rick.

I don't have to outrun walkers, I just have to outrun you!
Highschool Of The Dead full 240316

DeborahMN

DeborahMN

Infected

• Members

The first picture in the stack is not of an area within the AlexComm walls, I don't think. It looks like a row of storefronts like you would see in a 1940's small town. I'm thinking this is perhaps a small town nearby - perhaps where they found the "old camera store" as Aaron calls it, responsible for their picture developing. However, there is a picture almost identical to it in the stack Micchone is looking at in The DIstance episode, so perhaps it IS a part of AlexComm.

The second picture is of Carl & Rick in front of a window inside of a house - there's a clock on the wall behind Rick. Rick is wearing a white shirt and is cleaned up - no facial hair and his hair is slicked back. There is a third person way to the right - back to the camera.

The third picture is of the AlexComm wall. I believe it's taken outside the walls as it, too, is almost identical to a photo Micchone looked at in the earlier episode, and you can see the struts that are supporting the walls. (does anybody else find this backwards? For security reasons, shouldn't the struts be placed on the interior side of the wall?

Oh, and did you catch what's written on the back cover of the comic book Carl returns to Enid? Wolf Fight

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

The first picture in the stack is not of an area within the AlexComm walls, I don't think. It looks like a row of storefronts like you would see in a 1940's small town. I'm thinking this is perhaps a small town nearby - perhaps where they found the "old camera store" as Aaron calls it, responsible for their picture developing. However, there is a picture almost identical to it in the stack Micchone is looking at in The DIstance episode, so perhaps it IS a part of AlexComm.

The second picture is of Carl & Rick in front of a window inside of a house - there's a clock on the wall behind Rick. Rick is wearing a white shirt and is cleaned up - no facial hair and his hair is slicked back. There is a third person way to the right - back to the camera.

The third picture is of the AlexComm wall. I believe it's taken outside the walls as it, too, is almost identical to a photo Micchone looked at in the earlier episode, and you can see the struts that are supporting the walls. (does anybody else find this backwards? For security reasons, shouldn't the struts be placed on the interior side of the wall?

Oh, and did you catch what's written on the back cover of the comic book Carl returns to Enid? Wolf Fight

Yeah, there's a thread somewhere here about all of the Wolf references.

And, I think the storefronts are the condo section of the ASZ, where Deanna's place is.

hazmat

hazmat

Lurker

• Members

(does anybody else find this backwards? For security reasons, shouldn't the struts be placed on the interior side of the wall?

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but this was talked about on The Talking Dead podcast a few episodes ago. They have a feedback episode that follows up their recap, and a structural engineer called in with his insights. Unfortunately, I was listening at work so didn't really catch what he said as I was distracted. It was an episode no earlier than the group showing up at Alexandria, so it has to be in the last 3 podcast episodes. You can find them easily if you want a real world opinion on it. I keep meaning to check back, but keep forgetting.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!