Asz Walkthru

* * * * - 1 #hiddenreference?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Even if it IS rust, TWD crew knows that we, the fans, will infer that it's blood.  After all, this is a show about the undead with lots of gore.  

Why else would AMC give us the rare opportunity to get up close and personal with the set?  

Someone is being paid money to set-dress these rooms for us.  I do think some of the pieces are just junk, but some pieces are definitely references and others may be foreshadowing future episodes.    

By the way, if the saw is rusty, wouldn't the rust be around the screws attaching the handle to the blade?  

We'll see if it comes into play. I'm just saying I'd have a hard time believing that if he used it for something sinister, that he'd leave a bloody saw there for all to see.

Vicki48

Vicki48

Lurker

• Members

Actually the saw/doctor business was said tongue in cheek. My take on it was the same as UltraAmbiguous'.  We are being teased.  It probably isn't blood--but then again.  Who know how all this business turns? 

Maybe it's just as likely, in the ZA, to scavenge the local building site and pick up a bloody saw as a rusty one.

And maybe he's sneaking out and cutting people in half.

ellie

ellie

Infected

• Members

There are three clocks that all seem to be set to approx. the same time of 10:25. One in the Monroe's kitchen(on the mantle), another in Aaron and Eric's office (not the digital) and another in the main house living room that looks like it could be closer to 10:15(it is hard for me to tell). Kinda odd, but could mean nothing. Anyone thinks this has any significance, and if so, what?

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Oh Lawdy!  I thought you'd make a mention of Richard Gere with the gerbil cage.

YEs, I've had to train myself out of making those references :)

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

There are three clocks that all seem to be set to approx. the same time of 10:25. One in the Monroe's kitchen(on the mantle), another in Aaron and Eric's office (not the digital) and another in the main house living room that looks like it could be closer to 10:15(it is hard for me to tell). Kinda odd, but could mean nothing. Anyone thinks this has any significance, and if so, what?

When they met, Deanna told Rick the time and he set  his watch. Can't remember what she said.  Unless the clocks were referring to that, I have no idea.

I did read an article where producer Nicotero  stated that every episode they do they adjust the time on watches and clocks to show the episode they're shooting. He mentioned that when Carol picks up Rick's watch in terminus, it says 5.01 (meaning season 5, episode 1).   

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Even if it IS rust, TWD crew knows that we, the fans, will infer that it's blood.  After all, this is a show about the undead with lots of gore.  

Why else would AMC give us the rare opportunity to get up close and personal with the set?  

Someone is being paid money to set-dress these rooms for us.  I do think some of the pieces are just junk, but some pieces are definitely references and others may be foreshadowing future episodes.    

By the way, if the saw is rusty, wouldn't the rust be around the screws attaching the handle to the blade?  

I didn't infer that it was blood because we have two rusty saws hanging in our garage that look just like that one. I just checked the saws and the screws aren't rusty probably because they are stainless steel.

I can post a pic if you'd like to see them. :)

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

I didn't infer that it was blood because we have two rusty saws hanging in our garage that look just like that one. I just checked the saws and the screws aren't rusty probably because they are stainless steel.

I can post a pic if you'd like to see them. :)

No pic necessary, I trust you on that point.  :D  

The rust on my tools is evenly spread across any metal parts, including any screws, but my tools are old - turn of the 19th century - and have been heavily used.  Pete's saw looks relatively new, so I guess the screws would be stainless steel, too?  Maybe even zinc-plated?  

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

The time on the clocks does seem intentional, but I'm baffled as to a meaning.  Could it be a biblical passage?

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

By the way, after getting a good look at Jessie's owl... does anyone else think it's ugly?

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

What was that picture over the mantle in Rick's house? Fallout?

I read your post and it stirred a memory in my head, but then I forgot about it until now.  

I have a squirrely theory...

The photograph over the mantle depicts a gigantic ferris wheel which makes me think of a book i read about the Chicago World's Fair of 1893. At this fair, they unveiled the very first Ferris Wheel, a gigantic (literally & figuratively) undertaking - something like 260 feet high!!!!! 

Well, the book is both about the difficulty & massiveness of the fair in juxtaposition to a serial killer during that time span.  Many people went missing and the author handles both topics fairly well.  It is a good read for those interested, but dense with facts and figures.

Anyway, the title of the book?!  (drumroll, please).... "The Devil in the White City".

The photo could be a reference to the book's title which could infer Father Gabriel or some other traitor at Alexandria we have yet to see. Do a search for Chicago World's Fair 1893 Ferris Wheel and you will see many similar photos.   

BUT, I may be wrong.   :wacko:

It COULD be The London Eye, but since the photo is blurry and in black & white, it makes me think that it's a genuinely OLD photograph and not a new picture altered to look old.  

Singlyme

Singlyme

Biter

• Members
  • LocationPA

I don't know if my questions have been asked and addressed somewhere else, but this seems like a good place for some discussion.

My curiosity skimmed right over the clocks and paintings and went to more major issues.  Like...exactly WHO built this wall?  We know Deanna's husband designed and supervised(?).  But HOW did they get this structure up while defending the construction from walkers?  We saw the people involved and it's difficult to believe the same crew (who were abandoning Francine) were responsible.  This had to be a prolonged effort, with walkers interfering on a daily basis.  Were the majority of the actual builders eaten?  Is this the reason there are so few residents?

There's also the matter of the seemingly endless supplies.  Surely, Aiden & Company didn't last two years making runs, given their ineptitude outside the walls.  If they'd been out there on a regular basis, it would have ceased being a game of cowboys.  I get the feeling that until recently, edgier people were doing the foraging.  Hence, the need for recruiting stronger survivors - warriors, super-soldiers to fight the war for them.

Nareen

Nareen

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I don't know if my questions have been asked and addressed somewhere else, but this seems like a good place for some discussion.

My curiosity skimmed right over the clocks and paintings and went to more major issues.  Like...exactly WHO built this wall?  We know Deanna's husband designed and supervised(?).  But HOW did they get this structure up while defending the construction from walkers?  We saw the people involved and it's difficult to believe the same crew (who were abandoning Francine) were responsible.  This had to be a prolonged effort, with walkers interfering on a daily basis.  Were the majority of the actual builders eaten?  Is this the reason there are so few residents?

There's also the matter of the seemingly endless supplies.  Surely, Aiden & Company didn't last two years making runs, given their ineptitude outside the walls.  If they'd been out there on a regular basis, it would have ceased being a game of cowboys.  I get the feeling that until recently, edgier people were doing the foraging.  Hence, the need for recruiting stronger survivors - warriors, super-soldiers to fight the war for them.

Deanna said that northern Virginia had been largely evacuated at the beginning of the crisis.  So I figure that there were enough walkers around to make the wall necessary but not enough to prevent it being built.

Same with supplies - with fewer people around there was not as much looting of warehouses etc. in the immediate vicinity as there was elsewhere.

Now walkers are getting more numerous and they are having to go farther afield for supplies.  It's getting more dangerous.

IMO the wall protected the Alexandrians but it also prevented them from developing the skills needed to survive long term, skills that our group have.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Actually the saw/doctor business was said tongue in cheek. My take on it was the same as UltraAmbiguous'. We are being teased. It probably isn't blood--but then again. Who know how all this business turns?

Maybe it's just as likely, in the ZA, to scavenge the local building site and pick up a bloody saw as a rusty one.
And maybe he's sneaking out and cutting people in half.

Well, he is the local sawbones, amiright? :D

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Did they just add Jessie and Pete's living room after yesterday's episode? I just stumbled on it a few minutes ago, but they still have the two garages up as "new" content.

For one thing it's funny, but that looks nothing how I remember from the fight scene. But I see that that's really it, after looking at "The Making Of" for this episode.

In the walkthrough, if you zoom in on the coffee table, there are a bunch of toy soldiers ... and what look like a toy katana and wakizashi. That's a fun touch.

More later, if I find anything else.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I am getting next to nothing out of the walk through except an idea of who has the best decor and the neatest home. I am really bothered by the stain on the wall in Deanna's house. I can't imagine that her husband hasn't done something about that. 

Putting out fire with gasoline.

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

I enjoyed looking at the houses too, although I didn’t get any clues beyond the ones already mentioned.

The Monroe’s:  Deanna may be well read, but she doesn’t mind clutter.  I would give someone a “job” to straighten those books, maybe Maggie.  Also that water leak or whatever it is, she has got two grown sons (now only one) plus a husband that should have taken care of it.

Aaron and Eric’s House: They like to collect stuff and thangs, looking at all the license plates, the cameras and other stuff throughout the house.

Jessie and Pete’s House:  You can tell there is a drinker there, decanters of alcohol.  Also there’s an artist with the easel and paints, and children too what with the drawings on the refrigerator.

The Main House for Rick’s Group:  Someone liked Ferris wheels and Morse code.  I did see a book on an end table.  Believe it was Camber of Culdi, a novel by Katherine Kurtz.

The Second House for Rick’s Group: If Carol baked cookies in that kitchen, she got a chance to look at the flowers, three pictures of them facing the kitchen.

I wonder what caused the ruins?

"I don't believe that things happen for the best. I do believe, however, that it is possible to make the best of things that happen."

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

Just took another tour through Alexandria.  They've added the infirmary.  Located across from the Monroe's.  Didn't see anything special.  If Pete was drinking at work he had it hid. :)   

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Cool, thanks for the heads up. The only two plus-signs to open up are those two trays, but nothing really notable in them, no.

Metaphor

Metaphor

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationPanama

By the way, after getting a good look at Jessie's owl... does anyone else think it's ugly?

Yes, it was horrible! :)

zack

zack

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationThe Other Side

I love relaxing on a warm spring or summer day and looking at clouds, trying to find shapes in them.

So I did a another walkthru, just looking at the sky.  I saw two clouds over ruins that resembled wolves.  There was a huge cloud formation over Pete and Jessie's house and Rick's group 2 houses.  Looked like a scary face over Pete and Jessie's house. 

I'm not reading anything into it, just having fun.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!