Asz Walkthru

* * * * - 1 #hiddenreference?

auximenes

auximenes

Lurker

• Members

That place is so much smaller than I thought. It totally changes my concept of the place. This development never even got past the model home stage.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

That place is so much smaller than I thought. It totally changes my concept of the place. This development never even got past the model home stage.

I'd assume they only walled off a section of the community.

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Based on the fact they gave Rick's team two houses- I'd assume the other houses have also been fit to accomodate far more people than originally intended.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

Has anyone looked at the walkthrough lately?  There's a lot of new callbacks and Easter eggs scattered about.  I noticed an illustration of a motorcycle in Aaron & Eric's office, Michonne's katana above the fireplace, and a statue of a black horse.  

Oh, and the pic of Aaron & Eric is so cute.

Does anyone get the meaning of the close-up of a camera with the deep-sea diver's helmet?  

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Has anyone looked at the walkthrough lately?  There's a lot of new callbacks and Easter eggs scattered about.  I noticed an illustration of a motorcycle in Aaron & Eric's office, Michonne's katana above the fireplace, and a statue of a black horse.  

Oh, and the pic of Aaron & Eric is so cute.

Does anyone get the meaning of the close-up of a camera with the deep-sea diver's helmet?  

I need to hook my laptop back up to my large monitor to see the fine details of things I am finding scattered around. Maybe I will do that later now that you have found new things to look at.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

Speaking of that, after years and years of a Toshiba 27" tube TV, (which still works!) this xmas we finally got a 42" hi def TV. 

Wow what a difference! Zombies in your face much??  :zombie02:

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Huh, interesting new stuff. In Aaron and Eric's living room, there's a little plus sign that you can open;

Spoiler

Heck, the whole room is interesting. Nice little gerbil cage down there - symbolic of Daryl, feeling caged in? Lots of old cameras, too. No clue on the significance of the camera and helmet (yet).

Outside, I noticed that they blanked out "Morgan Street" on the sign.

_V_

_V_

Infected

• Members

In the Monroe family dining room, there is an open folder on the table and a had-written card that says something like "we're truly sorry for you loss".  I wonder what that is in reference to?

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Huh, interesting new stuff. In Aaron and Eric's living room, there's a little plus sign that you can open; ...

Heck, the whole room is interesting. Nice little gerbil cage down there - symbolic of Daryl, feeling caged in? ...

Hmm, I didn't catch any of those things; guess I'll take another look. 

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Would the parrot, below the motorcycle, be a reference to the Governor?  And, would the Mushrooms sign, wood box to left of the typewriter, be a reference to Lori?

Vicki48

Vicki48

Lurker

• Members

Enter the Monroe's kitchen and look on the box that stands in front of the dividing wall (between kitchen and office).  On the box is a book (a children's book I think) entitled Zombies and Zombies: The Play ???

I should go to bed instead of looking through all this stuff.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Wow, this is almost like an ARG.

Check out the plus sign in the Monroe Family Kitchen, on the fireplace.

Spoiler

And the book titles there are great: Yeah, something about Zombies, plus "Treasure of the Golden Cheetah." And, at the bottom of that pile ....

Spoiler
(still in the Kitchen).

The book on the table in the Dining Room next to the "sorry for your loss" note is open to a picture of Abraham Lincoln and General McClellan in a tent during the Civil War (after the Battle of Antietam).

I'm sure some PA is reading this and thinking, "Sheesh, I just threw a bunch of books on the table."

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

And the book titles there are great: Yeah, something about Zombies, plus "Treasure of the Golden Cheetah." And, at the bottom of that pile ....

I'm sure some PA is reading this and thinking, "Sheesh, I just threw a bunch of books on the table."

I think you're correct because we are supposed to believe that in this world, the zombie mythos did not exist prior to the ZA.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Enter the Monroe's kitchen and look on the box that stands in front of the dividing wall (between kitchen and office).  On the box is a book (a children's book I think) entitled Zombies and Zombies: The Play ???

I should go to bed instead of looking through all this stuff.

That's a fantastic catch!  I think it's this book...

"Zombies for Zombies: The Play & Werk Buk" by David Murphy

http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/B005Q6URQU

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Does anyone know why we can click on a mousetrap?  Is that the show being way too obvious?

Vicki48

Vicki48

Lurker

• Members

Anyone visited the sites that just opened in the walkthrough?  Is that----shoot.  I can't use the quote.  Can't use the spoiler thing.

Check out above the workbench.  Hope I can say that much.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Anyone visited the sites that just opened in the walkthrough?  Is that----shoot.  I can't use the quote.  Can't use the spoiler thing.

Check out above the workbench.  Hope I can say that much.

Once it's been released there is no reason to tag it. :)

Are you talking about the owl?

I can't get to the map anymore. Am I missing something?

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Does anyone know why we can click on a mousetrap?  Is that the show being way too obvious?

Same question I had about the field telephone. Is this an indication that we're gonna go back to crazy-land? Or are these all just call-backs to stuff that has happened in previous episodes? Rick's phone conversations, them getting trapped (with food as bait!) at Terminus, etc.

Lincoln and McClellan is interesting, because that's the point at which Lincoln is very unhappy with McClellan's lack of pursuit after the battle. But I'm sure I'm reading too much into it.

I've completely forgotten how we ever got to the map in the first place ...

Lummsy2000

Lummsy2000

Infected

• Members

Nice little gerbil cage down there - symbolic of Daryl, feeling caged in?

Oh Lawdy!  I thought you'd make a mention of Richard Gere with the gerbil cage.

Aolain

Aolain

Roamer

• Members
Chingis:

Thinking about the photo of Lincoln & McClellan;

McClellan was a brilliant administrator. He is considered "The Father of the Army of the Potomac." But McClellan could never convince himself to go for the kill against Lee...perhaps he loved the army he created too much?

So, is Deanna McClellan? A good organizer who created the ASZ, but not a fighter?

Lincoln was a fighter. He was always on the lookout for generals who would close with and destroy the enemy. Lincoln dumped many generals, McClellan included, who did not have the gumption to fight it out. Thus, is Rick Honest Abe?

Vicki48

Vicki48

Lurker

• Members

I was referring to the saw above Pete's workbench.  It appears to be covered with blood. (What else could it be?)  I was assuming he had no dealings with the walkers.  A saw wouldn't be a very practical weapon.  Certainly there are much better choices in the garage.  But if it is blood, for what other reason  might he be using it? 

He is a doctor....

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Dang. Good catch.

gallery_29714_88_80203.png

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I think it's rust.  

Being a doctor (and if he used it for some type of medieval surgery) I doubt that he would leave it bloody. The same would apply if he used it for more sinister reasons.

In the south, our garden tools and such rust pretty easily if you don't take care of them.

Chinghis

Chinghis

Biter

• Members

Chingis:

Thinking about the photo of Lincoln & McClellan;

McClellan was a brilliant administrator. He is considered "The Father of the Army of the Potomac." But McClellan could never convince himself to go for the kill against Lee...perhaps he loved the army he created too much?

So, is Deanna McClellan? A good organizer who created the ASZ, but not a fighter?

Lincoln was a fighter. He was always on the lookout for generals who would close with and destroy the enemy. Lincoln dumped many generals, McClellan included, who did not have the gumption to fight it out. Thus, is Rick Honest Abe?

Oooh, nice, I like it, very good pull. Or, maybe Honest Abe is ... Abe? Not that Tobin or whoever was a good administrator, but he did get pushed aside by Abe.

In any case, there does seem to be something symbolic there.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

I think it's rust.  

Even if it IS rust, TWD crew knows that we, the fans, will infer that it's blood.  After all, this is a show about the undead with lots of gore.  

Why else would AMC give us the rare opportunity to get up close and personal with the set?  

Someone is being paid money to set-dress these rooms for us.  I do think some of the pieces are just junk, but some pieces are definitely references and others may be foreshadowing future episodes.    

By the way, if the saw is rusty, wouldn't the rust be around the screws attaching the handle to the blade?  

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!