Asz Walkthru

* * * * - 1 #hiddenreference?

FijiFace

FijiFace

Infected

• Members

http://www.amctv.com...alexandria-tour

Has anyone else checked this out.  I think I found a hidden reference in the second house in the living room.   

If you zoom in on the bookshelf, where Carl was looking the last book on the left is "Wide Is The Gate" - Upton Sinclair BUT as with many hidden references in this show the title also ties to a biblical verse.

Matthew 7:13 ""Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it."

Not looking to get into a theological discussion, I just thought it was interesting. 

I don't remember.  Did Carl pick up a book on the shelf when Carol was looking at the paper?

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Innnnteresting. But I'm more mesmerized by the decoration in the main house. 

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Thanks for posting the tour. That's pretty cool.

I just noticed the chair in Deanna's house (where everyone sat for their interviews) was filthy. It looks like Daryl did sit down after all. haha

This chair will have to burned after our road weary, filthy group sat in it. :D

2gtpvlx.jpg

FijiFace

FijiFace

Infected

• Members

Shane are you talking about the Morse Code framed picture?

FijiFace

FijiFace

Infected

• Members

Also -  in the Monroe house, one of the CDs on the mantle was the band "The Suicide Machines"  - not really something I would have expected the doctors who originally owned that house to have.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

This is cool too. Here's a map of ASZ.

2l9ioa9.jpg

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Neat little map, too:

Edited - dammit, Serenity beat me to it!

Edited again: This place has an awful lot of entrances/exits for such a small place, yes?

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

Michonne had a book in her hands while she was being interviewed. Anyone notice the title of it? I forgot to go back and check.

Putting out fire with gasoline.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

What was that picture over the mantle in Rick's house? Fallout?

Shane is the Man

Shane is the Man

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Shane are you talking about the Morse Code framed picture?

That, and the furniture too. It's a bit bland, but a few houseplants and a little bit of color and shit, I'm already picturing myself having some coffee on the sofa.

Yo soy guajiro y carretero, y en el campo vivo bien, porque el campo es el Eden, mas lindo del mundo entero. 

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Michonne had a book in her hands while she was being interviewed. Anyone notice the title of it? I forgot to go back and check.

Interesting, since the survivors have become the judge, the jury and the executioners of this world.

Minor Comic spoiler:

Spoiler

2vwbjw3.jpg

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

That, and the furniture too. It's a bit bland, but a few houseplants and a little bit of color and shit, I'm already picturing myself having some coffee on the sofa.

The interiors look like a Pottery Barn threw up in there. I think they were going with a model home look, so it fits very well.

FijiFace

FijiFace

Infected

• Members

The picture above Rick's mantle is of The London Eye

buzzfactory

buzzfactory

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationUk

Does anyone have a map of comic ASZ to compare?

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Also -  in the Monroe house, one of the CDs on the mantle was the band "The Suicide Machines"  - not really something I would have expected the doctors who originally owned that house to have.

People have children who also have music.

But just as an aside, I'm 45 and I listen to the heaviest of metal, the angstiest of punk, the twangiest of bluegrass, and the softest of rock. Some people just have really eclectic tastes.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

Does anyone have a map of comic ASZ to compare?

I couldn't find one, but I found this description on The Walking Dead Wiki:

Comic spoiler (maybe?):

Spoiler

gallery_29714_88_586.png

mosher

mosher

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOttawa

Neat little map, too:

Edited - dammit, Serenity beat me to it!

Edited again: This place has an awful lot of entrances/exits for such a small place, yes?

A variety of exits are essential, providing they are secured. If the community has to run you want to be able to run in every direction.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members

A variety of exits are essential, providing they are secured. If the community has to run you want to be able to run in every direction.

True. I think it just freaked me out because we haven't seen much in the way of security - and a lot ways out also means a lot of ways in...

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

But it is also adds another vulnerable spot to your defenses. I'm curious whether all the exits are guarded. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

People have children who also have music.

But just as an aside, I'm 45 and I listen to the heaviest of metal, the angstiest of punk, the twangiest of bluegrass, and the softest of rock. Some people just have really eclectic tastes.

I love Lisa Gerard. My husband does too but he also loves Five Finger Death Punch.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

Better picture quality than Google Street View.

So is it just me, or does Alexandria feel smaller and less populated than in the comics? Maybe I'm overreacting :S Maybe that was a conscious decision to cut back on hard labor and extras?

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

its really small

Looks like just 10 private  houses

two admin type buildings (storeroom , armory,electric)

and the "big house"

+ solar grid

Most just be 20-40 people there before rickocrasy crew turned up

It will make a great fire when the time comes for rick to burn it(CDC Farm prison woodbury)

Although rick failed to burn down GMH so maybe the trend is broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

This is cool too. Here's a map of ASZ.

2l9ioa9.jpg

Gee, Carol is a good artist!

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

I looked at the Google Walk-thru this morning before I went to work.  

Did anyone notice an incredibly weird, large stain in the dining room of the Monroe house?  If you're in the room where she interviews people, turn around and look towards her kitchen and I swear there was a ceiling-to-floor stain.

Anyone?  

Lioness

Lioness

Biter

• Members

I looked at the Google Walk-thru this morning before I went to work.  

Did anyone notice an incredibly weird, large stain in the dining room of the Monroe house?  If you're in the room where she interviews people, turn around and look towards her kitchen and I swear there was a ceiling-to-floor stain.

Anyone?  

Yes, you are right. Water leak? I must say, although she appears to be well-read Deanna is not a very tidy housekeeper. 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!