Drink The Gifted Water?

* * * * - 1 season 5 eugene them s5 s5e10

To Drink or Not to Drink? (53 )

Would you drink the gifted water?

1. Yes, desperate times call for desperate measures. (22 [41.51%] - )

41.51%

2. No way, not taking any chances. (12 [22.64%] - )

22.64%

3. Possibly...(explain in comments) (19 [35.85%] - )

35.85%

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationTonawanda, New York, USA

I would have drank the water immediately, but it could have been poisoned. 

Would you drink the water?  Would you have let Eugene drink it?  

Millonario C

Millonario C

Infected

• Members
  • LocationOrlando

I would not have drank the water, just seemed way too convenient, major red flag.

Would I have let Eugene drink it? I would have held the bottle for him so it would be easier for him to swallow. I would not have held him back from trying the gallon jug as well! 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I'm going to merge a poll into this thread because it seems like a good place for one.  :zombiethumbsup: 

Jon is fine, dammit.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanadensis, Pennsylvania

I would've drunk the water. Where the hell are people going to get poison from nowadays anyway? I would've believed the sign, for better or worse. I don't think people are lousy enough to fuck with water. Plus, I'd imagine that people have more balls than to bait me with poisoned water.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

I doubt I'd have been able to resist the water by that point, though it would be easy enough to find poison (I don't imagine rodent and bug poisons were high on anyone's foraging lists, so they'd probably still be able to be found in stores and whatnot). You get to a point too, where taking the risk is less risky than not taking it - without that convenient storm coming along at the perfect time, your people are about to start dropping like flies from dehydration.

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I'll be totally honest, I would probably have drank it...right after I watched Eugene test it and see if he fell over dead shortly thereafter. I guess I would have hung onto it until it felt like I couldn't take it anymore, then went for it. After a certain point, it doesn't really matter if it's poisoned or not because death is coming either way. Might as well take a drink and see what happens.

Jon is fine, dammit.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

Hell yeah you drink it. The idea that it might be poisoned is ridiculous, especially at this point in the ZA. If you want to kill someone, just kill them. Why bother with the elaborate ruse of poisoning water and hope they drink it?

deadin321

deadin321

Infected

• Members
The drug laced stew at terminus has them spooked. If the seals on the water bottles weren't broken, I'd have drunk a bottle. Oherwise, I'd wait til it was drink or die, then drink.

It must have been a mirage or hallucination on my part, but I thought they spotted a body of water in the distance right before Darryl went into the woods. Figured he was going to get up close and scout it. Turns out I was wrong. Anyone else see that?

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
The ones that would have drank the water would be the same ones trying to get cheese off a mouse trap (not know what the mouse trap was of course). Seemed obvious trap to me. If you are a small group and you wanted to kill off a larger group (without the chance of taking casualties) that's exactly the type of attack you'd launch. Poison.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I would have chugged the damn bottle in a second if I was as exhausted and dehydrated as the group were. If the person had been following you for a while, then they would clearly know that you have little to no food or water, ammunition etc..so why make the effort to poison them? At the very least, I would have taken the water to wash myself or cool my body. 

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

The ones that would have drank the water would be the same ones trying to get cheese off a mouse trap (not know what the mouse trap was of course). Seemed obvious trap to me. If you are a small group and you wanted to kill off a larger group (without the chance of taking casualties) that's exactly the type of attack you'd launch. Poison.

I'm one of those cheese thieves you're referring to. :D I'm not saying that it couldn't be poisoned and it's not a stupidity based decision. It's a decision based on the fact I'm about to die anyway, so what the does it matter, you know?

Jon is fine, dammit.

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
I believe no one in group was close to death from lack of water. Thirsty yes, but far from death. First clue was everyone was still walking.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

I believe no one in group was close to death from lack of water. Thirsty yes, but far from death. First clue was everyone was still walking.

I get what you're saying, I do, and that's why I said I'd wait it out as long as I could. The minute you go from walking to crawling though, you've signed your death certificate barring a miracle...you know, like rain for the first time in five seasons, haha. My only point was that people aren't necessarily clueless for choosing to take the water.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

To be fair, I do remember at least two other episodes where it's not just rained, but full-on stormed. One of those wasn't even a full season ago, and probably only a month earlier in the show's timeline.

Alternatively, you could also just call me Soiled_Panties, on account of how pissy I can be.

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

To be fair, I do remember at least two other episodes where it's not just rained, but full-on stormed. One of those wasn't even a full season ago, and probably only a month earlier in the show's timeline.

I don't count the one where Beth and Daryl were in the trunk, I couldn't see it.  :P (I kid, I kid.) What was the other episode though? The only one I can remember is the one with Glenn and Rick in season one, my memory is shit.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Clidna

Clidna

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Great White North

Speaking of this, is anyone else getting messed up by the seasons? Like when Michonne, Rick and Carl were en route to Terminus, it was fall, judging by the foliage and all the leaves on the ground. A month or two later, and further north, and we're walking in the hot Virginia sun...

gallery_29714_88_586.png

Coloured by Koibito (R&L Walking Dead in Colour)

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

I would have taken it and tried my best to find a trusted source of water first. If all else failed, at least you have the water, and if it's poisoined then you're no worse off than you would have been without it.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hmmm. That's a tough one. I wouldn't be as worried that they poisoned the water to kill me. I'd be more worried that they roofied the water so that they could rape and torture the group.

M-88

M-88

Infected

• Members

Speaking of this, is anyone else getting messed up by the seasons? Like when Michonne, Rick and Carl were en route to Terminus, it was fall, judging by the foliage and all the leaves on the ground. A month or two later, and further north, and we're walking in the hot Virginia sun...

I thought that at first.

When I watched it again - it looks like the leaves on the road are left from the previous fall. To show that nothing is being maintained and the roads aren't being used. 

The trees look full of green leaves.

kombat

kombat

Biter

• Members

If you look last episode as the car is driving right after Tyreese dies, there are a lot of leaves on the road being kicked up. Seemed like Autumn to me.

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

Barely walking, more like shambling or staggering.  They definitely were not at peak form if they were seriously attacked by another group.  

UltraAmbiguousID

UltraAmbiguousID

Lurker

• Members

I'd be more worried that they roofied the water so that they could rape and torture the group.

Now that's a horrible thought!

Soaked_Pancakes

Soaked_Pancakes

Biter

• Members

I don't count the one where Beth and Daryl were in the trunk, I couldn't see it.  :P (I kid, I kid.) What was the other episode though? The only one I can remember is the one with Glenn and Rick in season one, my memory is shit.

That's the two episodes that I remember.

Rick and Glenn's guts plan gets ruined by a storm in season 1 when they're trying to escape Atlanta.

Then last year, there's Daryl and Beth hiding in the trunk during a storm. We later see Maggie, Bob and Sasha trapped in the fog from that storm the next morning.

I only said at least two other episodes ;) That's the two. There might be something that I may have forgotten.

But yeah, I have no idea what time of year the show is supposed to be in right now. I'm pretty sure fall, but it sure does seem like a long fall. Some characters were bundling up in warmer clothing towards the end of last season, and the first few episodes of this season, but now everyone's wearing shirt-sleeves and shorts again. I understand that their apparel may be affected by the actual weather when filming, but man, would I love more consistency. I'd also love some god damn winter.

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

If the caps had not been tampered with I would strain it through some cloth and then boil it.

I'd also let Eugene take one for the team and drink it too.

lucky

lucky

Infected

• Members
  • LocationThe Tropical Paradise of Southeast Michigan

I would have let Eugene drink it, then see what happens to him.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!