Walking Dead Issue 137 Review

- - - - - Carl Lydia Skins Virgin Gregory Maggie

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

Ok, this was a great issue!  I really liked this issue! 

Spoilers Below:

Synopsis:

Carl asks Lydia if she likes his hat and if it makes her feel better. Lydia responds by saying she does not like the hat but likes talking to Carl. Maggie and Jesus enter finding Carl and Lydia talking. They stress Carl into questioning what they need to do. Carl defends Lydia by arguing that if the group treated her better and did not imprison her, that she may open up to them. Carl also says although Lydia's group killed people, they have killed people as well.

Maggie and Jesus begin to question Lydia but she does not respond. Alex enters and informs Maggie that the two boys that attacked Carl and Sophia have awoken in the infirmary. Maggie goes back to the infirmary to greet an angry mother upset that Carl is able to walk free when her son is lying injured. Maggie explains that Carl will be punished but also her boys. The mother begins to threaten Maggie who suggests that the family relocates. Gregory enters and calms the situation down while Maggie thanks him. Gregory invites Maggie to his trailer later to discuss a solution to the problem.

Maggie returns and asks Jesus if Lydia has spoken any more but it has not happened. Maggie appears to have an idea.

Sophia returns Carl's glasses to him as Carl promises to Sophia that nothing will happen to her while he is around. Maggie enters and asks to speak with Carl.

Carl enters Lydia's cell and informs her that he will be letting her out on one condition. Lydia is solely Carl's responsibility and if she does anything wrong, Carl will be held accountable. Lydia promises not to cause any trouble. Carl impresses on her that if she tries anything to hurt his friends, family, or people, he will kill her. Carl says he wants to trust Lydia. Lydia promises not to hurt anyone as they leave the cell.

Maggie arrives at Gregory's trailer to discuss the situation with the boy's and their families. Gregory invites Maggie in and offers her a glass of wine as Maggie accepts. Gregory then inserts some type of powder into the drink and hands it to her. They begin their conversation.

Meanwhile, Carl is showing Lydia around The Hilltop. They pass a large chicken coop and Lydia asks to sit down near the chickens as she likes the sounds they make. Carl asks Lydia what The Whisperers ate while inside of the herd. Lydia explains that they ate wild berries, and vegetables grown from wild gardens. She also tells him that they ate dead animals as well. Carl asks if Lydia has eaten anyone she has killed and she denies that she has.

Carl explains their encounter with The Hunters and how Dale had died. He tells Lydia that his father and the group had to kill them. Carl tells Lydia why they had to kill the people who threatened them to get to where they are now. He explains the no killing rule implemented by Rick back at The Prison, and how it has changed over time. Lydia counters by saying that Carl had threatened her earlier and Carl responds by saying that he only did it to make sure he got his point across and that he was sorry.

Lydia says she is cold and begins to cuddle into Carl's arms. Lydia tells Carl that she likes him and Carl says the same in return. They begin looking at the Hilltop together.

Back at Gregory's trailer, Maggie begins to feel dizzy and light-headed. She realizes that Gregory has poisoned her. She tries to fight back but Gregory says that fighting back will make the substance work quicker. Maggie passes out and Gregory menaces over her gloating. He says that Maggie would not take over forever and that is all right with the world again. Gregory does not look behind him in which Jesus is standing with a horrified look on his face.

Lydia asks Carl to take his glasses off so she can get a better look at him. Carl assures Lydia that she does not want to see his face. Lydia asks why one lens is darkened and the other is not. Carl explains how he got his eye shot out. Lydia gently removes Carl's glasses and begins touching his face.

Lydia begins to approach Carl and licks the hole in his face, informing him that she feels the hole is sexy. Carl is very shocked. Lydia licks her lips and pushes Carl to the ground while climbing on top of him. Carl is in shock and asks Lydia is doing what she is doing. Lydia asks Carl if he had ever had sex before. Carl is at a loss for words as Lydia whispers into his ear that she can show him how.

Carl gazes into Lydia's eyes, pauses, and agrees. Carl and Lydia both lay their hands on Carl's hat.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

I might not color much of this issue. If I do, it'll probably be the Gregory parts. Not the Lydia ones.

ESPECIALLY NOT the last ones.

Like.....the last part just didnt vibe with me at all. 

But I'm wiling to see where it leads (and I will have to admit it's a good way to show just how fuckedup the Whisperers really are.), and i hope by god that Kirkman doesnt fuck it up, because by adding that last scene, he's walking on thin as fuck ice.

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

I think RK is on a good path!  Carl is now officially a man!  Just hope it doesnt get him killed!  Thinking with the little head vice the big one!  I think the Whisperers arent bad and just surviving too.  They will maybe open bigger areas for the survivors.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

Carl is now officially a Mench and Gregory is about to be Zombie food! (Long overdue if you ask me)

josh is a walker

josh is a walker

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationCambridgeshrie, UK

dayum... licking the hole in his face.... :S

carl growing up fast

Bored? Got nothing better to do? Have a nose through my Autograph Collection:
https://www.facebook...raphadventures/

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

7.5 out of 10 for this issue.

Its getting better but that last scene with Lydia and Carl sure reminded me alot of the Invincible issue where Mark is raped by a super powered woman(also written by Kirkman). 

Also I do not think Maggie is a goner it seem to easy to me.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

SPRATT

SPRATT

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

Carl's hat really is lucky! Good things come to those who wear the hat.

Chryz707

Chryz707

Lurker

• Members

Gregory is gonna have a lot of explaining to do in the end!   I hope Jesus ginsu's his dumb ass!

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Carl's hat really is lucky! Good things come to those who wear the hat.

I have always said Carl`s hat is just like this guys hat it will outlive them all.

IndyHatJones.jpg

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Gregory is gonna have a lot of explaining to do in the end!   I hope Jesus ginsu's his dumb ass!

Sliced Spencer style !

marsyao

marsyao

Infected

• Members

Unless these two are some kind of secrect lovers

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

WooHoo someone get the cigars in Carl is getting laid, and some sexy tongue in eye hole action to boot. Carl is so going to become Negan with Lydia Anna and Sophia in his harem.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

what the fuck you guys. eye hole licking? that was a bit excessive. i called lydia taking carl's virginity a few issues ago, and her control of the situation tells me she maybe wasn't treated much like a child with the whisperers. especially with as pretty as she is, you know? maggie better not go out with this kind of a whimper, and especially not at gregory's hand. my whole family came rushing into the garageafter they heard me yell "YOU MOTHERFUCKER" at gregory. i hope with jesus witnessing the event, it's instant revenge and maybe a shot at least a prolonged survival so maggie can say goodbye. after maggie and gregory both die, who will be left to run the hilltop? CARL. those are my thoughts and predictions. also would like to see asz pretty soon, magna needs to move the plot soon else those 127-129 covers are bullshit.

samus88

samus88

Lurker

• Members

Great. I'm a 26 virgin male who's never kissed a girl and a freaking 13 year old kid without an eye gets laid like nothing. Screw you, Kirkman.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

what the fuck you guys. eye hole licking? that was a bit excessive. i called lydia taking carl's virginity a few issues ago, and her control of the situation tells me she maybe wasn't treated much like a child with the whisperers. especially with as pretty as she is, you know? maggie better not go out with this kind of a whimper, and especially not at gregory's hand. my whole family came rushing into the garageafter they heard me yell "YOU MOTHERFUCKER" at gregory. i hope with jesus witnessing the event, it's instant revenge and maybe a shot at least a prolonged survival so maggie can say goodbye. after maggie and gregory both die, who will be left to run the hilltop? CARL. those are my thoughts and predictions. also would like to see asz pretty soon, magna needs to move the plot soon else those 127-129 covers are bullshit.

Or...you know, Jesus. 

Or any adult with any sort of leadership skills.   

Carl as a leader aint happening. Atleast not until he's older or something. If he were to become one, I'd call bullshit. It'd only happen if all the other main characters who could take that place were dead.

It would be cool, aye, but no (in the comic or in real life) community would follower a leader that is just 13 years of age. No matter how hardend, wise, etc etc, he is.  They'd just see him as a kid.

It's not an guerilla (where that sort of thing actually happens at times) we are talking about. 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Yeah tell that to the kids in Africa that run an army.....

Child-soldiers-in-the-Dem-001.jpg

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Carl Poppa has some serious swagger. Tells LyLy he'll kill her...gets laid. 

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

I haven't really enjoyed the last few issues, a lot of the dialogue felt stilted and awkward, but I think Kirkman delivered a pretty strong entry this month. Although it would be a shame if Gregory's plan went nowhere in particular.

I_Follow_You_Axel

I_Follow_You_Axel

You Follow Me?

• Moderators
  • LocationWhere Dave Met Tony

I think this is all part of Lydia's masterplan. She gained Carl's trust, and is playing the role of the innocent little girl. In reality, she is controlling him. Should there be a major conflict stemming from the run-ins with the Whisperers, Carl will be caught in the middle.

Also, getting freaky with the eyehole. Dafuq did I just see?

We learned a little more about the Whisperers from Lydia. What/how they eat, basically. It's good to know they don't eat people, but Lydia could just be lying.

Gregory decided to go through with his plan in the most cowardly way possible--poisoning Maggie. I have a feeling he just drugged her, so he doesn't have to fight her while she's conscious. With Jesus witnessing this going down, Gregory's days are numbered.

Carson sighting! Hallelujer! He's STILL Alive!

Decent issue, much better than the last few. Looking forward to two issues next month!

"I ain't walking out to the woods to get my pecker bit off by a roamer, you follow me?"
- Axel (Who else, really?)

Carliskindofcool

Carliskindofcool

Infected

• Members
The little fella has had himself a hell of a first week at the hilltop

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Yeah tell that to the kids in Africa that run an army.....

Child-soldiers-in-the-Dem-001.jpg

I JUST did. Look down.

It would be cool, aye, but no (in the comic or in real life) community would follower a leader that is just 13 years of age. No matter how hardend, wise, etc etc, he is.  They'd just see him as a kid.

It's not an guerilla (where that sort of thing actually happens at times) we are talking about. 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Wow… wasn't expecting Lydia to be a little kinkster. Hahahaha. I wonder what Sophia will have to say about that…I still think something is up with Lydia though, gaining trust and now that he's getting some, Carl is gonna be under her spell and will cover up for her should anything bad start to happen. That's my theory anyway. Gregory has to have fucked up on that poison dose. I mean if Maggie is really dead, I guess I could see it happening, but I'd want a more dramatic death for Maggie. I think Jesus is gonna lay the smack down on Gregory starting next issue. Can somebody just throw him in a pit of roamers already? Along with those dumb parents. Man! Pretty good issue though, went by quick. Definitely interested to see what happens with Maggies fate and Carls getting laid. Hahah.

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

actually yelled EW at the eye bit

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I JUST did. Look down.

My bad boohooooooo!

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members

Anyhow..I..uh..went and changed my mind about the colorings.

Here you go guys. Two fullpage splashes.

gallery_12430_80_230839.png

gallery_12430_80_629167.png

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!