Character Seperation Theme

* * * - - 1 Beth Andrea Sophia

ZedHead

ZedHead

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationStill waiting on a bus.
Has anyone else seen the common theme of the show having a character separate (ie a blonde female) where we spend a ton of episodes trying to find them, only to have our hopes let down each time. With Sophia, Andrea, now Beth, the show has spent up to a whole season of separation, then killing them off. It sucks :/

Shambo

Shambo

S-mart Employee

• Members

There's a lot of predictable crap the show pulls off, but I don't think the appearance of those girls has anything to do with it. But they are relying way too much on the same formula you're suggesting. Find/rescue an isolated cast member the entire season then kill them off in the finale/mid finale. They really need to start doing something different.

Creeper

Creeper

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCanada

I love the show, but I do think this is a really tired formula.  I was OK with the Sophia part, because that storyline really wasn't about HER, it was about how everyone else dealt with her disappearance.  And her death had major repercussions on a number of characters.  But I hated the way they handled the Andrea storyline, and now Beth's.

I still believe season 1 and 2 to be the strongest ones, and guess what...the group was together.  

etphoto

etphoto

Biter

• Members
Andrea choose to be where she was. Sophie and Beth did not. Slight difference.

Sent from my Surface 2 using Tapatalk

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

3 completely different situations

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lurwalker

Lurwalker

Biter

• Members
  • LocationLouisiana

I also don't like this theming going on.  Let's kill off a main character because it is midseason or finale and just for the f?ck of it.  I didn't how they just decided to get rid of Andrea in S3 and I really felt that Beth's death was just as useless and the whole subplot at the hospital was just filler. Both groups felt bleh.  There are some questionable characters but essentially they are all just making bad decisions on both sides, WOW what a concept.  I have to admit that for a mid season finale I was let down and it is in the way Beth was killed.

Narren

Narren

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOver there

I also don't like this theming going on.  Let's kill off a main character because it is midseason or finale and just for the f?ck of it.  I didn't how they just decided to get rid of Andrea in S3 and I really felt that Beth's death was just as useless and the whole subplot at the hospital was just filler. Both groups felt bleh.  There are some questionable characters but essentially they are all just making bad decisions on both sides, WOW what a concept.  I have to admit that for a mid season finale I was let down and it is in the way Beth was killed.

I agree....the death felt really forced and unnecessary.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!