Firearms Of Twd

- - - - - Season 5 Firearms

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

What were your firearms complaints about the earlier seasons.

A few that come to mind...

They were using Airsoft guns instead of real firearms in Seasons 1 & 2.

There was a thread somewhere here where Andrea's pistol was firing but not ejecting shells or had recoil in S:02 E:06.

The faux .50 cal on the tank.

600px-WalkingDead-BrowningM2HB_02.jpg

In Season 3 they had a guard on the wall at Woodbury with a Gamo air rifle. The Barrel was half cocked and gave the appearence of a bent barrel.

benntrifle.png

TWDfan674

TWDfan674

Infected

• Members

I actually own a Mosin Nagant and was very happy to see it appear on the show its nice to know that my gun could be useful in a ZA on TV. But there are more than just he appearance of the guns that throws me off the amount of ammo and recoil kills the realism for me... i feel like a show as big as TWD should be able to figure those things out pretty easily 

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

Fighting for Truth, Justice, and the American Movie Classics Way

• Moderators
  • Location30 mins from Hollywood

IMO, thee best all around Biter-Fighter AND People-Popper you could imagine! I SOO want one!

https:\\www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxslOcJ9M3s

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

Here's a better one:

https:\\www.youtube.com/watch?v=alq6i5AHr20

RYANINMICHIGAN

RYANINMICHIGAN

Infected

• Members

Ruger mini 14, semi-auto rifle firing 223 Remington magnums would seem to me to be the perfect overall weapon
for both Zombies and Assholes.
For close-up work, a bladed 'be-header is good, katanas are nice, perhaps something a bit heavier.
For Walker herds, I would feel comfy with a flamethrower on my back.... but after Self-help I'm thinking
a very high-pressure, highly focused water canon, something in the 1200-1500 PSI range, might do the trick.
And refilling is definitely easier to come by.
That would allow me to save my bullets for the Noobie-walkers....those who haven't rotted out much yet.

There is no such thing as a .223 Remington magnum. Perhaps you meant .222 Remington magnum? But that would've a poor choice as it is an obsolete cartridge

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

I meant the .223 Remington. I still have dies and did extensive reloading for both, and both used a .224 projectile.  Nitpicker. :P

Domc36

Domc36

Infected

• Members
To the folks talking about how a .22lr isn't a deadly round:

Why don't you go talk to the kids parents who were killed in the Chardon school shootings a few years ago. Tell them a .22 isn't a deadly round and they will promptly show you the child that is now 6ft under do to that exact round. The shooter was armed with Walther p22.

People who talk like that make firearm owners look bad. ANY round is deadly round. You arnt too cool for a .22lr. A .22 will kill you just as fast as a .38 special or a .45 acp or any round. Have some respect and don't act like a snob because you fire higher caliber weapons.

Rocketman637

Rocketman637

Infected

• Members
  • LocationDon't worry about it, USA
The point isn't that it won't kill. It will, I have half a dozen critters in my freezer that can attest to that. The problem is that it can be... unreliable.

DeadOnMyFeet

DeadOnMyFeet

• Moderators

A .22 short is a less powerful charge and it will kill.

A high speed lead hunting pellet, travelling at 700 foot seconds will certainly kill. Not even a firearm.

Any projectile with enough velocity and mass or sufficient force behind it to penetrate the body can be

fatal--knives, arrows, steel rebar, wooden stakes, knitting needles or icepicks.

I don't recall anyone saying a .22LR won't kill. (I'll read back though)

@rocketman what do you mean by unreliable? In what way?

Tragg

Tragg

Infected

• Members
Carol looks to have a m27 infantry assault rifle. This is the marine corps replacement for the saw. The optic is different than the sdo though...

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

22lr will penetrate a human skull out to 150 feet. It really depends on shot placement and type of round.

Higher velocity rounds, and/or "temple" head shots can make it lethal out to 200 feet.

Thread about skulls / skull penetration. Read my post #10.

http://www.roamersan...c/11371-skulls/

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!