Cancer Sucks

- - - - - BBL Cancer Show The Love

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

So this isn't a super fun or lighthearted subject, but one of our own is going through scary times. All I'm asking is to send a little love his way, be it words of encouragement, crazy memes and gifs (because you know that's how we do) or hitting up the donation box. TheBlackBoxLies was diagnosed with leukemia and while he's handling this like a champ with a lot of positivity, knowing that he's in your thoughts or prayers will go a long damn way. We're family here and this is one of our brothers, I just want him to know he's never alone. I know times are tight financially so if you can't give, that's completely okay...words of kindness are free, and ultimately that's what this is about-supporting a friend.  :luvzombismile: 

This is from Jeff's GoFundMe account, since his words say it best:

On September 2nd, 2014 I was unexpectedly diagnosed with a blood cancer called Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia. Though a huge shock for myself and my family, my prognosis and outlook is very good due to the creation of a handful of miracle drugs in the past decade. I have created this funding page to help me afford my hospital bills from my initial treatment. The medication I need to take to keep the cancer at bay is likely going to be lifelong, but I don't plan on letting this disease define who I am as a person. The past month and a half I have had lots of support from friends and family and these days I'm starting to feel a lot better physically. I have a long road ahead, but I'm very positive about my future. If you're wondering how you can help, here's how. Any donation would be of great help in these tough times. Thank you to anyone who wishes to contribute. 

- Jeff Foran

http://www.gofundme.com/g4uagg

Jon is fine, dammit.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Jeff,

{{{{My heart and positive healing vibes go out to you}}}}.  

We are most definitely here to support you. Please don't worry about voicing any of your concerns or even if you are having a bad day and want to bitch about it, we will be here for you. You truly are one of the nicest and coolest guys around here. I know that your positivity will go a long way.

Also, a little birdy told me that there was a Halloween benefit bash with your band. Would you like to give us more details on that event?

funny-pictures-cat-gifs-1.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks guys. Kid especially for being my sounding board through this whole thing. It turned out that eye floater I was complaining about over the summer was caused by the leukemia, and it also caused me to be severely anemic so I had all sorts of weird symptoms going on, like unexplained bruising, the floater of course, extreme fatigue, joint pain (my back and hips) and a very enlarged spleen which made it difficult to eat full meals so I lost a ton of weight really fast. Everything happened so fast after I got my eyes checked and I literally was eating dinner and watching TV and got a call and the doctors like "Hey this is whats up. We can start treatment tomorrow if you want to come in" and I was like "Uhhh.. yup!" Haha. Thankfully the kind of leukemia I have is extremely treatable and I'm expected to live a regular lifespan thanks to the creation of targeted therapy drugs. But enough about me. Any support, words or otherwise is greatly appreciated! That gofundme thing has already raised quite a bit of money , which is amazing. I've got a pretty good support network, irl and here too! You all are awesome people and I'm thankful for getting to know a great many of you!  :WootSign:

Thudd

Thudd

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationGround level

I've been told that the measure of a man can be counted in the number of his friends.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Also, a little birdy told me that there was a Halloween benefit bash with your band. Would you like to give us more details on that event?

Oh I totally missed this part. Yeah, the benefit show is happening next Thursday October 30th in a cool little bar in Winooski, VT called The Monkey House. There are 6 bands on the bill and my old band that broke up 5 years ago is going to do a surprise reunion set. Should be a lot of fun. There's going to be a band that I used to play bass in actually, covering Black Sabbath, another covering Led Zeppelin, another covering the Misfits. It's gonna be a party! I don't think anybody who posts here lives in New England? Unless we have some Boston people in the house, but all are welcome to come out. Haha.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Oh I totally missed this part. Yeah, the benefit show is happening next Thursday October 30th in a cool little bar in Winooski, VT called The Monkey House. There are 6 bands on the bill and my old band that broke up 5 years ago is going to do a surprise reunion set. Should be a lot of fun. There's going to be a band that I used to play bass in actually, covering Black Sabbath, another covering Led Zeppelin, another covering the Misfits. It's gonna be a party! I don't think anybody who posts here lives in New England? Unless we have some Boston people in the house, but all are welcome to come out. Haha.

That sounds awesome! I wish I could be there.

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Through various means I found and posted the link to the benefit concert on my personal FB page. :D You know I grew up in that area and have a lot of friends there. Tbh it sounds totally awesome and I wish I could go to it! 

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Through various means I found and posted the link to the benefit concert on my personal FB page. :D You know I grew up in that area and have a lot of friends there. Tbh it sounds totally awesome and I wish I could go to it! 

"Various means" haha. Thanks, Steph! I'm sure it will help. It's kind of crazy/amazing that the gofundme thing I set up yesterday has already generated 36% of the goal. 

D_Piece

D_Piece

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn your pantry being fat

Dude, much love to you, my man. Positive thoughts and good vibrations coming your way.

Spoiler

I spent an embarrassingly long time making this. Hope you enjoy it!

Spoiler

"Are you a human being? Then you are beautiful."

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Hahah!! Thats awesome, D. Thanks!

OMEN

OMEN

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationBack in Gods Country - TEXAS
Yo my music bro. I very weird about whatnot or what to say but. We're here for you dude.

I've seen through my mom what the C can do. But also seem the many miracles that occur.

mADAM Scorpious

mADAM Scorpious

Biter

• Members

BBL, I'm so sorry to hear that, man. Stay strong.

Madam Scorpious <~<133€
http://nythe-scorpious.blogspot.ca/

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks guys!

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members
Fuck cancer and everything it does to people. I've had numerous family members lose their battle to it, but it's always awesome to hear about people curbstomping its ass. I'm relieved everything is turning out well for you and continues to do so in the future, dude. I've donated what I can to help out.

Good luck with everything, Jeff! rock.gif

Cyxbr.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, Ans!! This is my attitude about the cancer, minus cutting off my hand of course. Haha.

evildead8.gif

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thanks, CherokeeRose! Glad you won your battle with breast cancer. Welcome to the boards by the way!  :zombiethumbsup:

CherokeeRose1

CherokeeRose1

Infected

• Banned

thanks!!!! and thanks!!!!! :)

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

Holly shit man I am so sorry , I know we have never met in real life but I think of you as a good friend.

If there is anything other than donating a bit of cash(I just added 20 bucks will do more when I can)I can do for you please just ask.

All positive thoughts are being directed your way and I hope you recover from this as soon as possible.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Damn, that sucks. Good thing it's treatable, though

I know it's not much, but I wanted to help in any way I could so I donated and shared it on my facebook. You're a truly awesome person, BBL. Best of luck

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

This thread is giving me so many happy feels. 

Jon is fine, dammit.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Thank you guys!!!!! 

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.

No problem man I will donate more when I can you stay strong and positive!

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

limaro

limaro

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio, US

I'm glad your prognosis is good!  But it's always good to have some ideas in case things go South and the Make A Wish folks come to call...

“That wasn't any act of God. That was an act of pure human fuckery.”
― Stephen King, The Stand

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

Haha oh my god. 

I'm at 52.3% towards my goal in one day, which is totally bananas if you ask me. Thank you all here who have contributed! You rule!

theglassintheguvseye

theglassintheguvseye

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationEye Socket

This thread is giving me so many happy feels. 

Get out of mama's knitting basket you little nymph.  I told you to do that in your own room BTW.

Glad you're getting some Lurve, BBL.  You are a fabulous feller.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!