5Tephe From Australia

- - - - - intro introduction australia

5tepheWalker

5tepheWalker

Infected

• Members
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Hi All,

Had to join up when I saw the name of the Forum. Nice call out to the comic series.

I hadn't realised I was such a zombie fan till I started looking into the genre, after my wife and I got into the AMC TV Series a few years ago. Turns out I have seen a lot of the foundational movies, and that kind of thing.

One of the things that fascinates me the most is the politics of zombie films and fiction.

I'm video blogging about that, and the series, as it goes to air over on:

http://watching-the-...logspot.com.au/

Video Blogging about Zombie Politics at:

http://watching-the-...logspot.com.au/

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

Hello and Welcome to the Forum, 5tephe!

Nice blog, I will definitely check it out when I have more time.

Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Cheers.gif

Enjoy the forum!

Major Tom

Major Tom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCommonwealth of Lower Alabama

Hi Stephe, I watched a couple of of your blog entries and enjoyed them.

I can't say I agree with your conclusions that there is a lot of political symbolism in the show, but if you see it and want to blog about it, go right ahead. I don't have to agree with you to enjoy hearing your opinion.

As a caveat, you should consider this, I recently read an internet piece on literary and movie symbolism. They interviewed a good number of authors, screenwriters and directors who have had a lot of symbolism associated with their work. Every one of them, regardless of their politics, denied  any intent of symbolism.

I know there was deliberate political symbolism in Romero's zombie films because he went on and on about it. I don't recall the subject of political symbolism ever coming up with Kirkman, Darabont, or any of the current writers, so while I understand how you have woven your symbolism, I remain a skeptic that it was meant to be there until Kirkman, etal take credit for it.

You might say that what the others intended is not important. It may have been subconscious, or they may be lying. Maybe so, and either way, if you perceive symbolism, you are free to blog about it.

I don't have a problem with that and if your enjoyment of the series is enhanced by your perception of political symbolism, carry on,

There is without a doubt a clear message in the comic and the TV series but the message is about man's inhumanity to man, a moral message and not in any way political or symbolic. That's my opinion anyway.

Remember what Sigmund Freud said Stephe...

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" 

For a reasonable fee, I will quell minor outbreaks, enforce quarantines, and dispatch infected relatives.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!