• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

Mod edit: Thudd posted this in the Review thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. Thanks Thudd!

Whoa!

"Walking Dead" rises again with record-high ratings

By Frank Pallotta  @frankpallotta October 13, 2014: 5:30 PM ET

141013164421-walking-dead-rick-daryl-620

Sunday night's premiere of "The Walking Dead" brought in a monstrous 17.3 million to give the series its best ratings ever. It looks like there will be "No Sanctuary" for those trying to go up against AMC's apocalyptic mega-hit.

That's a reference to the season five premiere of "The Walking Dead," which drew a monstrous 17.3 million viewers to AMC, the show's best performance to date. 11 million of the viewers were in the key 18- to 49-year-old demographic.

The ratings record was all the more notable because the episode was up against NBC's "Sunday Night Football."

Football is perceived to be must-see TV, the kind of event programming that should be seen live -- but for a lot of people, that description fits "The Walking Dead," too. AMC president Charlie Collier made that point in a celebratory statement when the ratings came in on Monday afternoon.

"'The Walking Dead' is one of those increasingly rare shows today that can command a live audience not significantly cannibalized by time-shifted viewing," Collier said, giving a wink to those who watched the prior night's bloody premiere.

Still, time-shifting is a factor, as it is for all scripted series; the cable channel projects that once digital video recorder viewership is counted in the ratings, Sunday's episode will exceed 22 million viewers.

When the series was introduced on Halloween four years ago, it garnered about 5.3 million viewers. At the time, that was a record for AMC; "it's a good day to be dead," Collier said when the ratings came in.

Since then, the show has just kept growing and growing. Sunday's season five premiere brought in almost two million more viewers than last year's finale.

It's no wonder why AMC ordered a sixth season of "The Walking Dead" before the fifth season even debuted. Or why AMC is expanding the franchise by creating a spin-off series that will follow different characters in the same zombie-filled world.

First Published: October 13, 2014: 5:23 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com...g-dead-ratings/

Edited by Serenity@sea, 17 October 2014 - 06:10 PM.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Viggo's one and only girl

• Moderators
  • 8,043 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Florida

Additional news here. Wow!!!

It's been a banner week for The Walking Dead. After breaking more records with its fifth season premiere on AMC, TV's top series solidified its year-to-year gains in the first round of time-shifting.

Live-plus-three ratings made available on Friday have The Walking Dead climbing to 22.37 million viewers — that's up 29 percent from the original score last week and a 10 percent improvement from the comparable number last season.

The series was up even more among adults 18-49. Time-shifting saw the series climb from 10.98 million viewers in the key demo to 14.5 million. And that doesn't even include encores and the further boost the series will see in live-plus-seven day ratings.

The Walking Dead's success has not been exclusive to the U.S. With Fox International Channels rolling out the zombie drama in over a dozen markets within 24 hours of its premiere, the series' international audience is up 45 percent from the fourth season.

In Europe alone, The Walking Dead's viewership is up 68 percent from 2013.

Steph

Steph

♥Rick's Girl♥

• Administrators
  • 3,117 posts
  • LocationThe Tardis

Wow is right! I wonder what other show has ever had ratings in those numbers. Mash maybe? 

Posted Image

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Biter

• Members
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationNot Hamerikwa, that's for sure

Whoa O_o

Season premier was really good, glad it got these kinda ratings.

This also makes me wonder what kind of ratings the season 6 premier will get...

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

What I find even more interesting, is the level of acting! No matter what anyone thinks of any one performer, overall, it's better than most shows out there!

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 8,043 posts

What I find even more interesting, is the level of acting! No matter what anyone thinks of any one performer, overall, it's better than most shows out there!

I hope you don't mind that I moved your post. It's big news and I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I think that Andrew West was a great casting choice. He just oozed condescension and every time he opened his smug mouth, I wanted to smack the shit out of him.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

I hope you don't mind that I moved your post. It's big news and I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I think that Andrew West was a great casting choice. He just oozed condescension and every time he opened his smug mouth, I wanted to smack the shit out of him.

No sweat, ma'am! lol...I'm a bit on the opinionated side, just not really that vain...or prideful! To be honest, it wouldn't have bothered me if you had posted it without the recognition. So, having said that, Thank You...it was very kind of you! B)

I totally agree! AJW has this character nailed! Gareth would scare the hell out of the Gov, Joe, Merle, Shane...all of'em...together! He's a truly frightening man!

But, aside from all that, TWD gets more and more world-wide recognition...and the industry itself is awwwwwfully quiet! Four years and virtually not a peep from those who claim superiority over determining what is and isn't great performances.

I'm wondering, is it because it's AMC (a relatively low-budget cable channel)? The subject matter? Both? Something else?

Obiviously, there are some that need to "unwad!"

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

'The Walking Dead' premiere rises past 22 million viewers with DVR views

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes in an episode from "The Walking Dead." The zombie drama is breaking more ratings records with its Season 5 premiere.

(Gene Page / AMC) By Yvonne Villarreal

(Gene Page / AMC)

It's no zombie crawl for #TheWalkingDead. Fifth season opener rises past 22 million viewership with DVR boost
#TheWalkingDead season opener climbs to a whopping 22 million viewers with DVR views

“The Walking Dead’s” attack on TV ratings just got bigger.

The AMC drama already had industry folks marveling with its fifth season premiere performance, with a series-record of  17.3 million that made it the night’s top program (even coming out ahead of NBC's Sunday night NFL game).

Now comes word that the zombie drama has cemented its ratings grip in the first round of its time-shifting reports for the season, which were made available Friday.

The drama rose 29% to 22.37 million viewers when time-shifted viewing over three days is factored in—making it the most watched non-sports telecast in cable history. Zoom out further, and it registered a 10% improvement from the comparable number last season.

And it seems the advertiser-desired 18-49 demo was especially interested in the neck-splitting action. When DVR numbers were factored in, the drama drew 14.5 million viewers, up 32% from the original airing. That gave its demo rating a siginificant boost to a whopping 11.7, outpacing everything this fall, so far, on both cable and broadcast.

And that’s only the first round of time-shifted numbers to consider. Live-plus-seven day figures are still to be tallied.

Twitter: @villarrealy

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times

Although, this article was posted two days ago and the numbers might not be all that much more, one thing is for sure, this show isn't going away!

Edit: Something is messing up the quote frame. C'est la vie!

Edited by Thudd, 19 October 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Debut Up Across Social Media (Updated)
TV | By Tony Maglio on October 13, 2014 @ 1:25 pm Follow @anthonymaglio
 36 150 0

Share0Share0 679
amc-walking-dead-review-3-618x400.jpg

Danai Gurira (Frank Ockenfels 3/AMC)

Social interactions for the AMC premiere top 2014

(Updated at 2:45 p.m. PT: Per Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings, the Season 5 premiere of “The Walking Dead” actually generated 1.32 million tweets. The data for the below infographic was compromised due to a technical glitch on the source's end. TheWrap regrets the error.)

“We were not made aware of a data interruption that began on Oct. 7 causing fewer posts to display in queries,” Way to Blue told TheWrap when the error was discovered. “[Sysomos's] engineering team has located missing data and is working to back-fill with no data loss. Had we been made aware of this issue we would have held back the pull.”

According to AMC's ratings release, which was issued after this was published, the Season 5 premiere was the series’ most social episode ever. Here are those specifics:
Here is the corrected infographic from Way to Blue:
The season five premiere of “The Walking Dead” was the series’ most talked about episode ever, dominating social media activity for all of scripted television in 2014 as well as for the night. The premiere telecast garnered a total of 1,320,056 Tweets, making ”The Walking Dead” the #1 new season drama premiere for 2014 in terms of Tweets and the #1 series premiere of 2014 in terms of Unique Authors. “The Walking Dead” is also one of the only shows in Twitter history to have had all 10 trending topics in the United States pertain to the show simultaneously. On Facebook, the day of premiere saw more than 7.7 million users driving more than 32.1 million interactions related to “The Walking Dead.”
The-Walking-Dead-Infographic-2.jpg
Previously:

“The Walking Dead” is alive and well, but overall mentions and intention-to-view the Season 5 premiere has dipped on social media from last year, according to one study at least.

Based on a Way to Blue infographic creating exclusively for TheWrap, the AMC drama landed just under 400,000 social media mentions on Sunday, about 13 percent less than last year. Viewer-wise the series is considered cable's biggest, and the zombie apocalypse show's presence is regularly felt across Twitter, Facebook and other multiple social platforms.

Nielsen ratings for the Season 5 premiere have not yet been released as of time of this posting.

Crap! lol...I'm not very tech savvy. Sadly, I don't care all that much! :P

Edited by Thudd, 19 October 2014 - 01:56 PM.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Solid In Week 2 Against Peyton Manning & ‘SNF’ Rebound
dpatten.png?w=56&h=76&crop=1
by Dominic Patten October 20, 2014 12:22pm

walkind-dead-s5-ep-2-oct-19-2014.jpg?w=4

It might be the Denver Broncos’ quarterback breaking records this week instead of The Walking Dead, but the zombie apocalypse series still has significant bite. After a record-smashing Season 5 debut on October 12, AMC’s blockbuster based on the Robert Kirkman co-created comics pulled in 15.143 million total viewers and 9.796 million adults 18-49 on Sunday night. That comes as the 10 PM Walking Dead just avoided a surge on NBC’s Sunday Night Football as the Broncos’ Peyton Manning threw his 509th touchdown pass to set the NFL’s TD record.

Last week, a blowout game on SNF helped put Walking Dead in the top spot demo-wise on both broadcast and cable.

Week-to-week, Walking Dead was down 12% in total viewers from October 12, which was what the series did in Week 2 of its fourth season last October 20. Written by Kirkman, last night’s “Strangers’ episode got a 7.7 rating in the key demo. That’s an 11% drop from last week’s premiere but still better than SNF’s 7.0 fast nationals rating and everything else on both broadcast and cable last night. If it holds, that’s two in a row for Walking Dead, though the SNF demo result could change when final numbers come in. Last week, SNF went from a 6.6 to its eventual 7.0.

Still, last night’s Walking Dead is now the series’ third most watched show ever after last week’s Season 5 debut and the Season 4 premiere on October 13 last year, which pulled in 16.1 million total viewers. Also, last night’s demo decline is actually 2% less than the drop the show had among 18-49s for the second show of its fourth season last year.

I can't tell, is Eugene running?

Edited by Thudd, 20 October 2014 - 10:00 PM.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

Not directly related to TWD, but it does give a measure of insight into AMC's rationale and the problems and obstacles they have to overcome. Or, in a manner of speaking, "Gettin' all up in they bidness!"

Forbes Staff

I write about Hollywood and run the Celebrity 100 List.

10/21/2014 @ 1:33PM

Dorothy Pomerantz Forbes Staff

'The Walking Dead' Is A Huge Hit. So Why Is AMC's Stock Trading So Low?

'The Walking Dead' is setting records in its fifth season.

Now in its fifth season, The Walking Dead is a ratings juggernaut for AMC Networks AMCX +4.27%. The season’s premier last week broke records for the most-watched cable show of all time with 17.3 million viewers tuning in to the zombie horror-fest. This past Sunday 15 million people watched The Walking Dead — more people than watched any other show (except for football) on Sunday night. The series has already been renewed for season 6 and a spin-off version is in the works.

It’s the kind of success networks dream of but investors aren’t impressed. AMC’s stock is trading close to its 52-week-low of $52.73. On Tuesday it was trading at $58.70.

So what gives?

For one thing, many media stocks are down. Discovery, Viacom and Scripps Networks are all near their 52-week lows. The weakness in the ad market and networks dealing with the changing ways we watch TV can both take some of the blame for that.

But AMC is one of the hottest networks around. With shows like Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, AMC has a reputation for quality shows that obsess viewers. Talking Dead, a chat show which airs after The Walking Dead, sometimes gets better ratings than anything else on broadcast TV.

MoffettNathanson analyst Michael Nathanson says that a big part of the problem is that costs are rising at AMC Networks which includes IFC, Sundance and WeTV. The company’s current strategy is to own more of the shows on its networks which means creating more original programming. In theory, this is a great idea. If AMC owns its shows it can reap the benefits of syndicated sales on platforms like Netflix NFLX +1.87% and Amazon after the shows have had first runs on AMC networks.

AMC hits Breaking Bad and Mad Men have both been extremely popular on secondary platforms. You could argue that Breaking Bad owes its success to Netflix because as the show became buzzier, people were able to catch up on old seasons on Netflix and then watch live when new seasons premiered.

And while AMC owns The Walking Dead, it doesn’t own Breaking Bad. That show is owned by Sony . Mad Men is owned by Lionsgate. Nathanson estimates that AMC pays between $2 million and $3 million per episode to license these shows and then amortizes the costs over four years. An AMC produced show would likely cost $3 and $4 million per episode.

So licensing is good risk-mitigation.

But if a show hits, AMC doesn’t get to collect the upside. From Nathanson’s report:

In this case, as we have seen with Sony’s Breaking Bad and Lionsgate’s Mad Men, AMC’s upside is limited to higher advertising and maybe longer-term increases in affiliate fees. However, AMC Networks does not get to see the real upside from all the ancillary revenues of these hits, including international sales and the growing importance of SVOD revenues. And then the further benefit of potentially high margin second and third syndication cycles.

In that light, it makes sense to move to more original shows. But the problem is that the costs and the damage from failure is much greater with an owned show and AMC is still carrying a lot of amortized costs on their books from licensed show they can no longer profit from. Nathanson estimates AMC had $143 million in amortization costs last year and will have $88 million this year.

And AMC has committed to more owned production. Two new shows which AMC produced and owns, Turn and Halt & Catch Fire, haven’t gotten anywhere near Breaking Bad ratings but AMC has renewed them anyway in the hopes that more time will give the well-reviewed shows a chance to find bigger audiences. Other new original shows in the works (in addition to the Walking Dead spin off) include Knifeman about surgeons in 18th century London, White City a drama set in Afghanistan and Preacher based on the comic book series. (Mad Men finishes its run this year. A Breaking Bad spin-off, Better Call Saul, is owned by Sony.)

Those new shows are going to increase costs in the short term and its too early to tell if they’ll be hits. AMC has also decided to nix reality shows which tend not to do as well in secondary and third runs but are much cheaper to produce.

It’s also worth noting that while AMC is super hot, it’s not the only network under the AMC Networks umbrella. AMC is 14th overall in terms of viewers in the most-coveted demographic (18-49) but WeTV ranks 39th, IFC ranks 58th and Sundance ranks 88th. There’s still a lot of growth needed at those other networks.

And while one hit show can’t turn around a stock, it can move the needle a little bit. Although AMC’s stock is low, it’s ticked up 11% since The Walking Dead came back to live TV.

Edited by Thudd, 22 October 2014 - 12:47 PM.

Corvus1970

Corvus1970

Lurker

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Wow! Its great to see this show doing so well :D

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

Cable Top 25: 'The Walking Dead' Tops Cable Viewership for the Week Ending October 26, 2014

Categories: Cable TV Show Ratings - Weekly Top 25

Written By Sara Bibel

October 28th, 2014

The-Walking-Dead-503-350x243.jpg

The Walking Dead topped cable viewership for the week ending October 26, 2014 with 13.801 million viewers.

Rank Shows Net Day Time Viewers Live +SD (000)

1 Walking Dead AMC Sun 09:00P-10:01P 13801

2 NFL REGULAR SEASON      L ESPN Mon 08:15P-11:38P 13275

3 TALKING DEAD AMC Sun 10:01P-11:00P 5320

4 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME  L ESPN Sat 07:15P-10:55P 4952

5 American Horror Story FX Wed 10:00P-11:23P 4439

6 Sons Of Anarchy FX Tue 10:00P-11:31P 4285

7 NASCAR SPRINT CUP       L ESPN Sun 01:30P-06:03P 4083

8 WWE Entertainment USA Mon 09:00P-10:00P 3864

9 WWE Entertainment USA Mon 10:00P-11:11P 3631

10 WWE Entertainment USA Mon 08:00P-09:00P 3589

11 NFLN THU NT FOOTBALL NFLN Thu 08:26P-11:15P 3365

12 NFLN THU NT FBALL-SUS NFLN Thu 11:15P-11:32P 3276

13 Gold Rush DISC Fri 09:00P-10:00P 3249

14 Walking Dead AMC Sun 08:00P-09:00P 3220

15 SPORTSCENTER:           L ESPN Mon 11:38P-01:00A 3211

16 COLLEGE FOOTBALL AFT    L ESPN Sat 12:00P-03:14P 3061

17 THE OREILLY FACTOR FOXN Wed 08:00P-09:00P 2952

18 THE OREILLY FACTOR FOXN Thu 08:00P-09:00P 2926 19

19 Kids and Counting TLC Tue 09:00P-10:01P 2829

20 Pawn Stars HIST Thu 09:31P-10:03P 2699

21 THE OREILLY FACTOR FOXN Mon 08:00P-09:00P 2696

22 Project Runway LIFE Thu 09:00P-10:31P 2629

23 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME  L ESP2 Sat 07:30P-11:02P 2589

24 Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC Wed 09:00P-09:30P 2549

25 COLL FTBL SCOREBOARD    L ESPN Sat 03:14P-03:30P 2547

-
Nielsen Ratings Data: ©2014 The Nielsen Company. All Rights Reserved.  All ratings above Live+SD (live viewing plus same day DVR viewing)

lol...Oct. 19 episode ranked 14th...for last week!

Edited by Thudd, 28 October 2014 - 09:06 PM.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 8,043 posts

Thank you for keeping up with this, Thudd!

Those are amazing numbers, but it is quite a drop off from the premiere. I wonder if the cannibal theme turned some people off? I'll have to look at previous season numbers to see if that is a normal drop.

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

• Moderators
  • 8,043 posts

According to Wiki, there was over a two million loss between episodes 4.01 and 4.02, but the numbers stayed pretty steady throughout and grew toward the end of the season.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

I'm not really sure why the numbers have dropped a bit, but comparing numbers from here:

http://www.zap2it.co...y_night-2014-10

tells me that the only broadcast to beat TWD (for 18-49 demo) in the 9 to 10 p.m. time slot, was an NFL game between G.B. and N.O. Even the W.S. failed to top TWD!

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

Ruh roh, Reorge!

AMC warns about a 'Walking Dead' blackout By Brian Stelter  @brianstelter November 3, 2014: 5:00 PM ET 141103101809-directv-walking-dead-620xa.AMC says a possible "Walking Dead" blackout looms.
NEW YORK (CNNMoney)
AMC is using its biggest show, "The Walking Dead," to pressure one of its biggest distributors, DirecTV, into giving it a lucrative contract renewal.

Yes, it's yet another fight over subscriber fees, but this one is threatening a show that 15 million people love to watch every week, and the channel is being pretty explicit about the behind-the-scenes tension.

AMC is using the "Dead" as leverage: on Sunday night it ran an ad during the show warning about a possible blackout later in the season.

DirecTV ran a rebuttal ad of sorts, disputing what AMC said and suggesting that if there is a blackout, it'll be AMC's fault. The satellite company provides a bundle of channels to 20 million households, making it the country's second-biggest provider, behind Comcast.

With the ad and a statement to the media, AMC seemed to be trying to rally viewers to its side. Subscriber fees are the critical source of revenue for companies like AMC's parent, AMC Networks.

(These sorts of skirmishes happen from time to time. Turner, the parent of CNN, which owns this web site, is currently in a carriage dispute with another satellite provider, Dish Network (DISH).)

AMC said in a statement Sunday night that "DirecTV's agreement to carry AMC expires mid-way through the current season of 'The Walking Dead.'"

Related: "Walking Dead" rises again with record-high ratings

DirecTV (DTV), on the other hand, said that the agreement is in effect for "several more months."

What can be deduced from that? Well, that the carriage deal expires sometime between the end of the first half of the zombie drama's season, at the end of this month, and the beginning of the second half of the season, in early February.

DirecTV said "we intend to renew our AMC partnership at a price that's fair to our customers" -- trying to rally viewers to its side instead of AMC's.

Related: The weapons of the "Walking Dead"

AMC's statement asserted that "DirecTV has not engaged in meaningful negotiations with us, which leaves us to doubt whether a timely renewal is possible."

Perhaps the public comment and commercial was a way to get "meaningful negotiations" started.

These public tiffs usually don't result in outright blackouts -- but they do from time to time. CNN and several other Turner channels are currently unavailable on Dish.

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level
Walking Dead’ Once Again Beats ‘Sunday Night Football’
Added by Kimberley Spinney on November 3, 2014.
Saved under AMC, Entertainment, Headlines, The Walking Dead
Tags: walking dead

Walking-Dead-once-again-beats-Sunday-Nig

The Walking Dead is taking a bite out of Sunday Night Football as it once again beats the programming in the ratings. For the second time this season the AMC show has done better in the rankings for viewers aged 18 to 49 than football on a Sunday night. So while The Walking Dead scored 14.5 million viewers on Sunday night with a rating of 7.6 in the adult age demographic, Sunday Night Football only achieved a rating of 6.1 for the same age group, although there were about 17 million viewers watching football on Sunday night.

Although the final numbers have not yet been determined as the results of DVR viewings are still being calculated and added in, it seems unlikely that football programming will beat the wildly successful zombies. Sunday Night Football has consistently been the highest rated programming on broadcast television and yet The Walking Dead has managed to reach the core demographic that advertisers strive to reach. Not only is this the second time that ratings for the show have surpassed Sunday Night Football, but it happened last season more than once as well. The first time this season that the show was able to surpass football came during the season five premiere on October 12.

The best way to understand how big the ratings for The Walking Dead are in general is to compare it to other highly successful shows on the air. Comparisons between any show and their ratings always include DVR playbacks as well as the live broadcasts. An accurate representation of DVR showings gives viewers seven days from the initial broadcast in order to watch the program.

Last year in an effort to showcase just how massive the ratings for the show were one publication did a comparison of other shows ratings in contrast with The Walking Dead and every single time zombies won in the demographics that matter to the advertising executives. In fact, The Walking Dead could not find an equal in past seasons of programming until the 2007 to 2008 season of American Idol. Hands down season five of The Walking Dead is able to beat Sunday Night Football as it once again conquers the adults. During season four, the show not only beat football on Sundays but it was also able to conquer three Sundays of the Winter Olympics as well.

Whereas the total viewers watching football on Sunday was overall enough to crush the zombies, it is the ratings in the key demographics that matter. Advertisers want a specific age demographic to be reached and that is what wins television. So while the total viewers watching football was close to three million more than those watching The Walking Dead, it is the adult demographic of 18 to 49 that is giving televisions’ favorite zombie show an edge.

With a 7.6 rating in the 18 to 49 age division The Walking Dead is clearly reaching a target audience that every program on television hopes to win. While these numbers are only the preliminary calculations of viewers and even with the way the numbers are typically adjusted, it seems clear that Sunday Night Football was once again beaten by The Walking Dead in the ratings game. The ratings for the AMC show continue to prove that Sunday night is now zombie night.

By Kimberley Spinney

Read more at http://guardianlv.co...JbXfTf10YvRw.99

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

A slight drop-off in viewers at13.5 Million, but (and pun intended :D ), TWD is still killing it! :zombie02: :Boomstick_by_Preamp:

Sunday Cable Ratings: 'The Walking Dead' Wins Night, 'Talking Dead', 'Real Housewives of Atlanta', 'Homeland', 'The Newsroom' & More

Categories: 1-Featured,TV Ratings: Nielsen Daily Final Cable TV Show Ratings

Written By Sara Bibel

November 11th, 2014

The-Walking-Dead-505-350x244.jpg

The Walking Dead  topped Sunday's cable programs, earning a 6.9, down from last week's 7.6 adults 18-49 rating. Talking Dead was second with a 2.9, down from last week's 3.0 adults 18-49 rating.

Scripted Programs That Ranked Outside the Top 100:

The Affair 0.2 Adults 18-49, 670,000 viewers

The Comeback  0.1 Adults 18-49 300,000 viewers

Getting On  0.1 Adults 18-49 310,000 viewers

Below are the top 100 cable shows for adults 18-49  for the whole day.

The list below is long but you can use your browsers "find on page" feature (usually CTRL+F or CMD+F) to search for specific shows.

Selected Sunday Cable Ratings for November 9, 2014 (all Live+Same Day ratings):

Show Net Time Viewers (000) (Live + SD) Walking Dead AMC 9:00 PM 13534 TALKING DEAD AMC 10:01 PM 5628 REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRVO 8:00 PM 3826 Walking Dead AMC 11:00 PM 2727 Watch What Happens Live BRVO 9:00 PM 2578 Walking Dead AMC 8:00 PM 2543 NASCAR SPRINT CUP       L ESPN 3:00 PM 5091 KOURT & KHLO TAKE HAMPTON ENT 9:00 PM 1717 NFL COUNTDOWN           L ESPN 10:00 AM 1735 REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRVO 9:30 PM 1581 ALASKA: THE LAST FRONTIER DISC 9:00 PM 2634 Family Guy ADSM 11:00 PM 1516 COMIC BOOK MEN AMC 12:00 AM 1386 SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 6:00 PM 1702 SMURFS, THE DSNY 9:00 AM 3059 Family Guy ADSM 10:30 PM 1418 FX MOVIE PRIME FX 5:30 PM 1203 SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 8:00 PM 1649 HALL ORIGINAL MOVIE HALL 8:00 PM 3215 90 DAY FIANCE TLC 9:00 PM 1189 BOBS Burgers ADSM 9:30 PM 1176 HOMELAND S4 SHO1 9:03 PM 1545 MR. PICKLES ADSM 11:30 PM 1172 REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRVO 10:30 PM 1158 EDGE OF ALASKA DISC 10:00 PM 1535 BAD TEACHER TBSC 8:00 PM 1041 HALLMARK MOVIE HALL 6:00 PM 2700 Walking Dead AMC 12:30 AM 967 HOLIDAY BAKING CHAMPION FOOD 9:00 PM 1543 2014 MTV EMAS MTV 7:30 PM 1194 LAW & ORDER TNT 10:00 AM 1595 HALLMARK MOVIE HALL 4:00 PM 2327 RICK & MORTY ADSM 10:00 PM 1132 BAR RESCUE SPIKE 9:00 PM 1063 SPORTSCENTER WEEKEND-AM L ESPN 9:00 AM 1106 LAW & ORDER TNT 9:00 AM 1465 CUTTHROAT KITCHEN FOOD 10:00 PM 1210 NEWSROOM, THE HBOM 9:01 PM 1207 SOFIA THE FIRST DSNY 8:30 AM 2213 ALASKA: THE LAST FRONTIER DISC 8:00 PM 1897 SPORTSCENTER 1AM        L ESPN 12:30 AM 815 SQUIDBILLIES ADSM 11:45 PM 1025 BAD TEACHER TBSC 10:00 PM 848 NCIS USA 7:00 PM 1977 Walking Dead AMC 7:00 PM 1102 2014 MTV EMAS PRESHOW MTV 7:00 PM 1092 REAL HOUSEWIVES ATLANTA BRVO 6:30 PM 967 SpongeBob NICK 5:30 PM 1941 TBS MOVIE SUNDAY TBSC 12:00 PM 855 FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR NAN 10:30 PM 1091 DOC MCSTUFFINS DSNY 8:00 AM 1810 SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 10:00 PM 903 HALLMARK MOVIE HALL 10:00 PM 1906 Storage Wars AEN 11:01 PM 1323 KING OF THE HILL ADSM 8:30 PM 928 TBS MOVIE SUNDAY TBSC 4:00 PM 760 BOBS Burgers ADSM 9:00 PM 944 STAR WARS REBELS DSNY 10:40 AM 1788 NCIS USA 5:00 PM 2014 19 Kids and Counting TLC 7:00 PM 979 HALL ORIGINAL MOVIE HALL 2:00 PM 1844 SpongeBob NICK 5:00 PM 1830 SpongeBob NICK 1:30 PM 1557 NCIS USA 6:00 PM 1803 TBS LATE MOVIE TBSC 12:00 AM 678 SUNDAY MOVIE FAM 4:00 PM 1160 NASCAR SPRINT CUP CNTDN L ESPN 2:00 PM 1888 LAW & ORDER TNT 8:00 AM 1228 LAW & ORDER TNT 11:00 AM 1479 FRIENDS TBSC 9:00 AM 736 FRIENDS NAN 11:37 PM 853 FRIENDS NAN 11:00 PM 859 TBS PRIME MOVIE TBSC 6:00 PM 751 Storage Wars AEN 10:30 PM 1314 Family Guy ADSM 2:30 AM 807 MR. PICKLES ADSM 3:00 AM 789 GUYS GROCERY GAMES FOOD 8:00 PM 1133 FX MOVIE WKND AFTERNOON FX 11:30 AM 861 FIXER UPPER HGTV 11:00 AM 1285 Storage Wars AEN 8:00 PM 1081 SpongeBob NICK 1:00 PM 1476 Storage Wars AEN 11:31 PM 1237 SPORTSCENTER WEEKEND-AM L ESPN 8:00 AM 863 LAST WEEK TONIGHT HBOM 11:15 PM 796 Storage Wars AEN 10:00 PM 1271 SPONGEBOB NICK 4:30 PM 1624 FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR NAN 10:00 PM 1046 Simpsons FXX 7:30 PM 805 ALASKA: THE LAST FRONTIER DISC 11:00 PM 953 CATCH A CONTRACTOR SPIKE 10:00 PM 736 JESSIE DSNY 11:05 AM 1547 LAW & ORDER TNT 7:00 AM 1136 NCIS USA 9:00 PM 1760 GEORGE LOPEZ NAN 6:00 AM 800 SQUIDBILLIES ADSM 3:15 AM 731 MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES ADSM 3:30 AM 730 FIXER UPPER HGTV 12:00 PM 1225 BOBS Burgers ADSM 5:30 AM 691 SPORTSCENTER 1AM ESPN 2:00 AM 598 FIXER UPPER HGTV 10:00 AM 1057

-
To see past daily cable ratings posts click here.-

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level
walking-dead.png?w=600&h=338

I’m beginning to think the general public prefers fictionalized walkers to real ones, because The Walking Dead beat Sunday Night Football at the ratings game for the third weekend in a row. If this two-week streak ends anytime soon, it’s only because everyone’s favorite zombie killers go on hiatus after the next two episodes.

According to Deadline, the hit cable television show decisively ended the concussive performance of broadcast television’s pigskin performance with a 7.3 rating in the coveted demographic of adults ages 18 to 49. Despite the New England Patriots and Jonas Gray’s lively game against the Indianapolis Colts, the brainless and the battered only managed 6.2 in the end.

Perhaps NBC ought to consider arming their Sunday evening schedule with machetes and firearms. The walkers are already provided for, and the outcome might solve the league’s pesky concussion problem.

walking-dead-celebration.gif?w=650

AMC

____________________________________________________________________________________

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thudd

Thudd

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationGround level

This is sort of a back-ended ratings reference, but it was the best article about TWD's numbers, I found.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Beat ‘The Walking Dead’ After Three Weeks
deadline-logo-jpg_163144.jpg
By Dominic Patten 22 hours ago

All good things must come to an end, and for The Walking Dead that happened last night. After beating NBC’s Sunday Night Football three weeks in a row and four times this season, the AMC zombie-apocalypse series came up just a little short. Walking Dead got a 7.0 among adults 18-49, while the Dallas Cowboys’ incredibly dramatic 31-28 nail-biter win over the New York Giants had a 7.1 in fast nationals – a number that likely will rise.

Even with two major-market teams crashing against each other on the field, there probably was another reason the blockbuster series stumbled last night. That was the increased competition of the American Music Awards on ABC, even though that was down 15% from last year in the demo.

Last week, the zombie drama based on comic co-created by Robert Kirkman drew a 7.3 result among the key demo to SNF’s 6.2 fast nationals rating, the latter went up to 7.1 in the final numbers. Last night saw SNF get 9.04 million viewers in the key demo from 8:30-11 PM ET to WD’s 8.86 million. Looking just at the 9 PM slot, SNF had 9.36 million viewers among 18-49s. Total viewers to total viewers, the AMC series had 13.33 million last night to the NBC and NFL game’s 19.77 million.

Of course, we could see another reversal of fortune this coming Sunday. Last night was the penultimate Walking Dead episode before the show breaks for its Season 5 winter hiatus. SNF is scheduled to have a pair of second-tier-market teams, the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs, face off on November 30. Even if that game is as dramatic as last night’s and with no AMAs to dilute the demo, it’s going to be a struggle against the relentless walkers and potential cast demise, if past WD winter finales are any indication. Also, to add more context, the S4 WD winter finale pulled in 7.7 million viewers in the demo on December 1, 2013 with a total viewership of 12.1 million. That was a midseason finale record for the show – a series that has shattered nearly as many ratings records as zombies’ skulls.

So you might want to start making your bets now as next Sunday will be the last time WD and SNF go head-to-head this season. The AMC series returns on February 8 for the second half of Season 5, a week after Super Bowl XLIX.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!