Can A Bitten, But Still Alive Person Bite Or Scratch Others People?

- - - - - #walker #infected #people #bite #scratch #question

ohtheirony

ohtheirony

Infected

• Members
Do you think a person who has been bitten or scratched, who is dying from the infection, could possibly bite or scratch other people?
I mean, if it runs through the persons bloodstream and his/her entire body, so why wouldn't it? Maybe not the first hours after the bite/scratch, but surely it would be possible at the near death state? Right?

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

Well, I suppose a person could bite or scratch anyone at any time. They're all infected already, so if someone was just bitten, and then bites someone else, it wouldn't do anything but irritate the other person. 

But from what we've seen on the show, someone has to die first before they turn into a zombie. 

This doesn't really pertain to just S3, so I'm moving it into the general TV show forum. :)

I R Biter

I R Biter

Biter

• Members
  • LocationSpace City

If I understand correctly, everyone is infected with the virus that makes the dead come back, and it shows no outward symptoms until death........the zombie bites kill people because of the massive infection they create.........so it seems it would come down to the exact point at which the bitten person's body becomes toxic enough to kill another person through fluid exchange.  Probably easiest story-wise to just call that point death.  

Steph

Steph

So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first?

• Administrators
  • LocationThe Tardis

If I understand correctly, everyone is infected with the virus that makes the dead come back, and it shows no outward symptoms until death........the zombie bites kill people because of the massive infection they create.........so it seems it would come down to the exact point at which the bitten person's body becomes toxic enough to kill another person through fluid exchange.  Probably easiest story-wise to just call that point death.  

I agree. Plus we saw Jim pretty much to the point of death, and I don't think his bite would have caused any infection. Not to mention that by that point, people would be too weak and in pain with fever to move very much. 

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

A bite from a recently-bitten human would not be as toxic as a bite from a corpse, which means that if treated, one could survive it.  Whatever the virus is, they already all have it, anyway.  It just seems to be a lot more toxic/virulent after the host dies and reanimates.

BigEd

BigEd

Infected

• Members
  • LocationMassachusetts

As Steph said, Everyone is infected. Everyone will turn.

Season 04:16 - Rick bites the neck of Joe and kills him.

7265e02a8b9f415fdd94de43e652e0c4.jpg

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!