Season 3 News, Predictions, And Speculation

speculation

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Any idea when season 3 might be coming??

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Telltale is currently working on Borderlands and Game of Thrones now, and then Minecraft after. It's possible TWD will be developed alongside Minecraft but nothing's on the table now

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I think we might see something at E3, but it would probably be something akin to 400 days.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Any idea when season 3 might be coming??

Honestly I haven't thought about it. 

Season two was fine, but it left me feeling like I didn't need another Walking Dead game.. 

I'm still not quite sure why.  My mind may change at some point but right now, I'm in no real hurry. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Honestly I haven't thought about it.

Season two was fine, but it left me feeling like I didn't need another Walking Dead game..

I'm still not quite sure why. My mind may change at some point but right now, I'm in no real hurry.

Yeah I get what you mean.. They got milk that cow though. And I wanna see a season with Clem as part of a community, with most of the season being simple tasks, kinda like Carvers place. Just everyday life being a part of a community, and also with a conflict or other storyline mixed in.

Salvatoor

Salvatoor

Infected

• Members
  • LocationAtlanta Survivor Camp

The different endings can easily be unified saying that anyone that is not clem was killed.

Anyway, it's nice to see more of clem and to keep knowing what happens to her, but I wouldn't like to play as her again. First, I think it's nice to have a different main playing character in each game, and second, it felt a little unreal, that everyone depended so much on a 9 year old, and everyone sending her to do so many dangerous tasks.

I wouldn't mind to have an entirely different set of characters to play with

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Telltale has started dropping hints that there will be "more Walking Dead before season three", seeming to allude to another 400 Days type release.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/telltale-teases-more-walking-dead-before-season-3/1100-6426034/

Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

No season three for 2015. Booo!

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-coming-in-2015

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

No season three for 2015. Booo!

http://uk.ign.com/ar...-coming-in-2015

I'm actually okay with that if it means a better quality season next time. They're still doing something TWD related, so there's that to fill in the blank. I'm with the people in the comments, it'd be really great to see season two of The Wolf Among Us. It definitely left off in a way that made me anxious to see what happens next.

Jon is fine, dammit.

Ansceniiiic

Ansceniiiic

Zombie Herder

• Members

I'm actually okay with that if it means a better quality season next time. They're still doing something TWD related, so there's that to fill in the blank. I'm with the people in the comments, it'd be really great to see season two of The Wolf Among Us. It definitely left off in a way that made me anxious to see what happens next.

Yeah, it honestly would be better if they took their time with the third season, especially when they're developing so many games at once. I think Telltale still have three Borderlands and 3 GoT  episodes to release, while working on the new minecraft/Marvel games.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

I'd like an Avatar Season

But I'd also be so down for a Season 2 of WAU....with some restraint. I don't think the mystery in the first season was compelling enough to carry across three episodes. Episodes 2 and 3 dragged as a result. So, here are some possible changes:

-Make one mystery per episode (one murder per episode with a different murderer) and then tie them all together in Episode 5. The villain in Episode 5 could be a mastermind of some kind. Ace Attorney does this shit all the time and it works out great

-Make it a crime story. However, MAKE THE CHOICES MATTER. If you don't make the right choices or make unethical choices, the case will be unsolved or the killer will get away. To make it easier to transition into Season 3, Telltale could definitively make a "true" ending for WAU (the one where you catch the killer and jail him) where Season 3 can pick up off of

-Don't make it a crime story. The Fables universe is ripe for other stuff (conflicts with mundies, the fear of being discovered, maybe that Detective girl could investigate, carry the story to the farm, etc)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

KidSeventySeven

KidSeventySeven

Boomstick Commander

• Members
  • LocationPlatform 9 3/4

Per TellTale's tweet, the thing that is not season three but is TWD will be announced at 9:00 AM/PST on 6/15 on the YouTube E3 live stream. 

Jon is fine, dammit.

EvieSessions

EvieSessions

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationNashville, TN

The new Michonne mini-series is a fantastic idea.

I am you and what I see, is me.

everdeenkatniss257

everdeenkatniss257

Infected

• Members

I really like this post and thanks for this information . 

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!