Season 3 News, Predictions, And Speculation

speculation

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Thanks to Kid77, we know that Season 3 has been confirmed by Telltale. Where do you guys think the season will go?

twd__the_game_doug_and_carley_by_sandikatumblr_me6jxr2zKQ1rrd4uho1_r1_500.png

WoZn8G6.jpg

(Sorry for the lack of Season 2 art, but I really couldn't find any)

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA
Hmmm maybe we will encounter another community again. But this time, it's not hostile and they are an active part of helping grow and protect it. Idk. I definitely see a season centered around with Clem being a part of a community, dealing with all the struggles that come with it.

Draven

Draven

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationHorsens, Denmark

Hmmm maybe we will encounter another community again. But this time, it's not hostile and they are an active part of helping grow and protect it. Idk. I definitely see a season centered around with Clem being a part of a community, dealing with all the struggles that come with it.

that coud actually be very nice. 

"The North remembers"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
Given how many possible endings there could've been to Season 2, I think it's safe to say that Season 3 won't be Clementine's journey anymore

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

How many possible endings are there?

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

How many possible endings are there?

Depends how you look at it

8, but technically 5

Deadpelican

Deadpelican

Ad Victoriam!

• Moderators
  • LocationThe Prydwen

Depends how you look at it

8, but technically 5

For the first time I don't feel compelled to play it again to see what happens. 

I'm not putting down on the episode (it was fine) but I think I'm getting a little burned  out on TWD gaming universe, for whatever reason. 

Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself. 

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Given how many possible endings there could've been to Season 2, I think it's safe to say that Season 3 won't be Clementine's journey anymore

Well, unless they do what they did at the start of Season 2, and have Clem somehow get separated from whoever she was with.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

And I've gotten kind of used to playing as Clementine.  I really hope they don't switch gears and just pick some random new protagonist for season 3.  It would have to be someone totally new if it's not Clem, because, well, everyone else is dead.  It would just feel like a spin-off if it were a completely new story with new characters.  I for one would like to continue the story of that sweet little girl turned badass that we've been following since the start of the series, but I don't want Clementine to go back to being a side character (or not there at all).  So, I say, give me Clementine again for S3!

I admit that it would be difficult to incorporate the different endings here into the start of Season 3, and the writers would definitely have to get creative.  I certainly think it's possible so here's hoping they can pull it off.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Well, unless they do what they did at the start of Season 2, and have Clem somehow get separated from whoever she was with.

I wouldn't like that at all..

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Due to the multiple different endings, I think they'll do something that streamlines it all into being just Clem and AJ. It's the only way... unless they actually really go that far into the game and create that many different storylines, which I don't see happening at all.

They'd be insane to drop Clementine and start over.   I know that I'd stop playing the game, that's for damn sure.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Idk as long as she is the playable protagonist and we're watching her grow up through all this, it's still her journey somewhat. But maybe journey isn't the best word to describe it. It's from her perspective, and in the end while Lee and Clem were/are at the forefront it's always been about this world and all of the characters in it no matter how big or small their "journey" is.

Macek11

Macek11

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationLA

Due to the multiple different endings, I think they'll do something that streamlines it all into being just Clem and AJ. It's the only way... unless they actually really go that far into the game and create that many different storylines, which I don't see happening at all.

They'd be insane to drop Clementine and start over. I know that I'd stop playing the game, that's for damn sure.

Yeah I think you're right, because either way no matter what ending, you end up with AJ. They'll find a way to pipeline all these together at some point.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

I admit that it would be difficult to incorporate the different endings here into the start of Season 3, and the writers would definitely have to get creative.  I certainly think it's possible so here's hoping they can pull it off.

All the endings to Season 2 are pretty good and thematically appropriate. I feel like it would be cheapened if they all just led to one point again

Kursk

Kursk

S-mart Employee

• Members

Good point. I'm tempted to agree and hadn't considered this. Clem and AJ are safely landed, their story feels complete and safe (for now) and obviously to be continued. And yet you can't make Kenny the playable character, can't make a new random the playable character. I think somehow they have to find a way to make it a Clem and AJ party again when S3 resumes. I have faith in those writers, they've earned it, somehow they'll find something that feels both natural and surprisingly elegant.

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
It would be cool if you could play as Kenny, Clem and Christa (if alive) in S3. Each episode concentrates on a specific character, their stories would somehoe intertwine and be relevant, that way you can either attempt to reunite everyone or something along those lines.

jacob

jacob

S-mart Employee

• Members
Or Jane...

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

My guess is that the next season will be with new characters, but we'll probably run into Lilly and/or Christa as well.

I hope we still get to transfer our choices across though, to shape small things like Lilly and Christa's memories of Lee/Clementine.

Do you guys think they'll return to the beginning of the apocalypse, or start some time into it?

My guess is that they'll have a short scene at the start, set at the beginning of the apocalypse, and then they'll have a long timeskip.

Kinda like at the beginning of "All That Remains".

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

NiallC

NiallC

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationManchester, England.
I think to keep the transition feeling smooth they'll keep Clementine but do like they did in S1E5 where they swap the POV character during an episode, possibly mid way through the season. Or they could do a 400 days DLC thing where you take over a character who by the end of the DLC has met Clem and joins her which would lead into Season 3 where you continue with that character.

"Get one thing straight. You're staying? This isn't a democracy anymore."

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

I think to keep the transition feeling smooth they'll keep Clementine but do like they did in S1E5 where they swap the POV character during an episode, possibly mid way through the season. Or they could do a 400 days DLC thing where you take over a character who by the end of the DLC has met Clem and joins her which would lead into Season 3 where you continue with that character.

Yeah that could work. I just hope they don't screw up the amazing endings we have already.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/81516/clem-in-season-3-confirmed-or-some-kind-of-continuation-in-this-vid-for-season-3

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England

I'm actually hopeful Clementine returns as a deuteragonist next season and we control someone else as the protagonist, but only we aren't her guardian anymore and we see Clementine respond according to the examples Lee set in Season 1 and the choices we made for her in Season 2.

Like for instance something I'd like to see, say Lee killed the St. John brothers and Clem stayed to watch Carver being killed, in Season 3 Clem will be insistent someone she thinks deserves to die be killed, but if the opposite is true she reacts accordingly and pleads for their life. This way she swings some of the major decisions a group may make in a certain direction and the protagonist, whoever it may be, if they happen to not agree with her they might not be able to convince the group otherwise if they haven't earned their trust enough, or not at all. It could make for some interesting scenarios and a good way to see lots of subtle differences according to the choices we've made with both Lee and Clem and feel more of an impact for those choices.

But that's hoping Telltale are more ambitious with the next season and can spend time developing more divergent storylines without too much railroading onto one track, they might have too much on their plate.

Do you guys think they'll return to the beginning of the apocalypse, or start some time into it?

My guess is that they'll have a short scene at the start, set at the beginning of the apocalypse, and then they'll have a long timeskip.

Kinda like at the beginning of "All That Remains".

If we have a new protagonist I hope this is the case, I always enjoy seeing things from the start of the apocalypse like this to gauge how much it has changed a character and learn more about what was happening in the first days.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia
Whatever they do I just hope we wont have to wait as much between the episodes. The time gaps kills the game for me, I forget so much stuff. In ep 5 I had to stop and think who Sarita was, nor did I remember talking about wellington. I'd say 3 weeks max, but 2 weeks gap would be awesome.

The zombie Flanders

The zombie Flanders

S-mart Employee

• Members

I was playing around with that sort of idea and started to throw a short story together....  the start depends on how your 2-05 ended, so it's either Clem/AJ/Kenny; Clem/AJ/Jane, or just Clem/AJ....  at some point during the trip to Wellington/Howes/on your own, they had to stop and hole up somewhere (an abandoned house or the like)...  while searching the inside, Clem comes across a small back-pack and finds a book inside...  she opens it and finds that it's someone's journal... it reads like a different world at first, as it talks about college courses and the usual petty things that caused anxiety before the turn...  a few pages in, everything changes as the dead begin to re-animate....    

the scene morphs into the perspective from the author and you take over from there playing him/her...   by the end of the DLC, that person runs into Clem and leads into season 3....

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

All the endings to Season 2 are pretty good and thematically appropriate. I feel like it would be cheapened if they all just led to one point again

This... Besides... they already did that for this Season. Do we really want this to be formulaic? Clem struggles. And then we get to pick her destiny only to have it cheapened and shoe horned in? If they want us to use an existing character they would be better served using either Lilly or Christa.

I was playing around with that sort of idea and started to throw a short story together.... the start depends on how your 2-05 ended, so it's either Clem/AJ/Kenny; Clem/AJ/Jane, or just Clem/AJ.... at some point during the trip to Wellington/Howes/on your own, they had to stop and hole up somewhere (an abandoned house or the like)... while searching the inside, Clem comes across a small back-pack and finds a book inside... she opens it and finds that it's someone's journal... it reads like a different world at first, as it talks about college courses and the usual petty things that caused anxiety before the turn... a few pages in, everything changes as the dead begin to re-animate....

the scene morphs into the perspective from the author and you take over from there playing him/her... by the end of the DLC, that person runs into Clem and leads into season 3....

Okay this is a good idea of presenting a new character. Though.. it could be cool if this is how you are introduced to the character you will be playing. Maybe their safehouse was overrun and they abandoned it and their journal and Clem stumbles on it after the walkers.. and the new character move on?

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!