Episode 5: No Going Back Review ( And Season 2 Review Thread)

review

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Me too, I got emotional because I really thought she had died and it was her personal heaven or something. Either way it was sad but cool to see Lee again.

Yeah, it was great. Poor Lee. I got really sad at the scene where Kenny said "I wish Lee was here now".

Dammit Kenny, stop makin' me sad!

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

bluetommy2

bluetommy2

Infected

• Members
  • LocationCanada

Well, this was a heartpounder, especially the endings, man the feels. Also, Kenny shows us why he needs his own DLC

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

Them dislikes / downvotes, this is one of the rare moments where I find myself the only one with the opinion. Maybe the first actually.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

Am I the only one who knew Jane had hidden the baby? I thought they made it pretty freaking obvious when Jane basically flat out said, "Okay.. now let's see how he reacts." 

I knew the baby was alive and I went along with Jane to see how Kenny reacted, and clearly, he was past the point of no return.

I ended up with Jane and the family, though I wish I could have gotten to Wellington with Jane. That would have been the most interesting. I don't really like the family that we're currently with right now. 

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

I knew it too, but it shouldn't be a factor with making the decision at the end because Kenny obviously thought Jane killed him for whatever reason. We were supposed to make a decision based on Kenny's reaction to the accidentaly killed baby.

albert_otrp

albert_otrp

Infected

• Members

It's not just that She convinced Kenny the baby was dead, she made it seem like she abandoned it. That's enough to get me pissed off too. Jane played a game with human lives on the line, she had it coming.

albert_otrp

albert_otrp

Infected

• Members

Am I the only one who knew Jane had hidden the baby? I thought they made it pretty freaking obvious when Jane basically flat out said, "Okay.. now let's see how he reacts." 

I knew the baby was alive and I went along with Jane to see how Kenny reacted, and clearly, he was past the point of no return.

I ended up with Jane and the family, though I wish I could have gotten to Wellington with Jane. That would have been the most interesting. I don't really like the family that we're currently with right now. 

What I saw was a heart broken step father who thought this woman mishandled his adopted son, and didn't have the decency to bring them the body.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Well, this was a heartpounder, especially the endings, man the feels. Also, Kenny shows us why he needs his own DLC

Yeah. Although if we were getting another "between seasons" DLC, I'd love to see one about Molly, that shows what's happening with her right now.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida

Okay.. first off. I cried. I actually cried.

I agree with everyone who said that the twist with luke was brilliant and completely floored me.

Also... I hope there's a special place in hell for Arvo.

Oh... and fuck Bonnie and Mike. They were going to leave us with NO food? I mean.. taking half is one thing, but they were going to leave the baby with no food. I hope they have the rooms next to Arvo.

The ending. Well.. I will simply say Jane brings everything on herself. Family needs to stick together.

All in all... the second most emotional moment in the series' history.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Im currently replaying the whole series from S01E01, up to ep 3 and I regret my decision to shoot Kenny so much im going to make this my official game and get the ending where Kenny and Clem leave together.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Im currently replaying the whole series from S01E01, up to ep 3 and I regret my decision to shoot Kenny so much im going to make this my official game and get the ending where Kenny and Clem leave together.

Yeah, I think the Kenny endings are by far the best. I got the "Stay with Kenny" ending on my main file, but on my second file (Where I be an asshole every possible chance I get) I got the Jane ending, and maaaan. I love Jane, but she pissed me off beyond belief when she tried to justify her plan to me. 

"There's no "I" in team" 

SuperNeos2

SuperNeos2

Lurker

• Members
#Kenny4Life

DominusPisces

DominusPisces

Biter

• Members
  • LocationFlorida
The sad thing is... The Kenny option is better for everyone really.
#1 Kenny is alive
#2 Clem and AJ have a chance at a slightly normal safe life
#3 The Family Jane and Clem finds will have found Howe's without you having a chance to turn them away.
#4 Kenny didn't deserve to die like that. Granted Jane might not have deserved to die.. but she never would have been in that situation if she hadn't lied in the first place.
#5 Kenny redeems himself and gets his new family to safety and maybe even stays together at least with some extra supplies.
Life works out so much better if Jane dies... LOL!

The only thing I regret is the first time I played through I shot Kenny. I wish there was a way to get pissed and shoot Jane for making you kill Kenny.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray thee Lord these bites aren't deep.
Should I die before I wake, I pray thee Lord, my skull they break.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

The sad thing is... The Kenny option is better for everyone really.
#1 Kenny is alive
#2 Clem and AJ have a chance at a slightly normal safe life
#3 The Family Jane and Clem finds will have found Howe's without you having a chance to turn them away.
#4 Kenny didn't deserve to die like that. Granted Jane might not have deserved to die.. but she never would have been in that situation if she hadn't lied in the first place.
#5 Kenny redeems himself and gets his new family to safety and maybe even stays together at least with some extra supplies.
Life works out so much better if Jane dies... LOL!

The only thing I regret is the first time I played through I shot Kenny. I wish there was a way to get pissed and shoot Jane for making you kill Kenny.

And if you don't like Kenny?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

And if you don't like Kenny?

Then Clem and AJ can stay at arguably the safest community in all TWD mediums with nice, giant walls surrounding them without Kenny as an influence. Clem can actually have the opportunity to live a life of normalcy without Kenny or Jane as a bad influence her in life

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Then Clem and AJ can stay at arguably the safest community in all TWD mediums with nice, giant walls surrounding them without Kenny as an influence. Clem can actually have the opportunity to live a life of normalcy without Kenny or Jane as a bad influence her in life

Agreed. And often times I don't decide who to kill based on whether I "liked" them or not. I mean, I hated Larry's guts but I still tried to save his... Er... Guts in

the meat locker. The only time I really chose someone based entirely on emotion was the ending choice with Kenny and Jane. For all I knew, Kenny was trying to murder

Jane over an accident. I believed that Jane was in the right, but I just couldn't bring myself to shoot ol' Kenny. Of course, then I realised that everything was Jane's fault 

and that I made the right choice... At least in my opinion. I do still worry, though. Kenny DID redeem himself at Wellington, but I chose to stick with him, and we all know that Kenny isn't fond of 90% of everyone still alive, so I worry that Kenny will be a problem with future groups him and Clem might encounter.

EDIT: I also wish that we got the choice to leave AJ at Wellington to be safe, but make Clem leave with Kenny.

That would have been cool. We could have gotten the chance to keep lil' AJ safe, and we'd get to stay with Kenny.

And anyways, I didn't entirely trust Wellington, but they seemed cool enough to give us free supplies, sooo... They seem okay to me.

"There's no "I" in team" 

CrystalBabyGrimm

CrystalBabyGrimm

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMichigan

I also knew she didn't kill the baby. Absolutley agree with farswell on that being obvious. That is one of the reasons I decided to let Kenny kill Jane. Yea Kenny was unstable but so is everyone in the freaking zombie apocolypse. Jane just kept throwing gas on the fire. I really liked Jane but I saw no difference in the way she was acting vs the way Kenny was acting. I just felt like Jane was pushing Kenny just to prove a point that was unnecessary to prove. It was a hard decision because I liked them both but I had to stick with my boy Kenny. I was glad I did after the rest of the events unfolded. I decided to stay at Wellington. I wanted to leave with Kenny but felt I owed it to him after this long journey to stay and be safe because of AJ. I kind of wish Christa had been at wellington and I could give the baby to her (because she lost hers) and then leave with Kenny lol

"One more thing......he was an organ donor".

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

i am highly upset......i ended up with kenny at the end leaving wellington but i watched all the other choices and i am kind of sad about all of them.....i def didn't want to end up with jane at the end so i was either going to stay with kenny or be alone .....because i also was not going to stay in wellington alone with a baby......i don't know who those people are. and apparently krista isn't there........i don't know soooooo this is going to be weird next season with people starting from so many different locations. should be interesting though. 

does anyone know when the next season is coming out? like next summer or something?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

Probably fall 2015 if I had to guess

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members

EDIT: I also wish that we got the choice to leave AJ at Wellington to be safe, but make Clem leave with Kenny.

That would have been cool. We could have gotten the chance to keep lil' AJ safe, and we'd get to stay with Kenny

Nah. That's way too perfect of an ending and it would've made the choice way easier. All the endings have their perks but none of them are "happy." For both of the Wellington instances, Kenny either has to stay alone or possibly watch Clementine die one day

I generally don't like it when Telltale does offer a "middle ground" solution anyway. It's like if there was an option to only wound Kenny in the fight with Jane. It loses oomph

WAU

Spoiler

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

Nah. That's way too perfect of an ending and it would've made the choice way easier. All the endings have their perks but none of them are "happy." For both of the Wellington instances, Kenny either has to stay alone or possibly watch Clementine die one day

I generally don't like it when Telltale does offer a "middle ground" solution anyway. It's like if there was an option to only wound Kenny in the fight with Jane. It loses oomph

WAU

Spoiler

who is 

Spoiler
?

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

• Members
He's from Wolf Among Us

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*

Guest_NerdyGRL88_*
  • Guests

oooo lol i thought i missed something ......im like "damn i played the whole game who is he talking about?" lol

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

WAU

Spoiler

Yeah I guess you're right, it would have been much easier that way.

I hope AJ has a big part of next season. He could be like the new Clementine. The character you have to protect from

danger. I have a feeling that AJ was made for that reason.

"There's no "I" in team" 

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Yeah I guess you're right, it would have been much easier that way.

I hope AJ has a big part of next season. He could be like the new Clementine. The character you have to protect from

danger. I have a feeling that AJ was made for that reason.

Agreed.  As Clementine continues to mature, she can fulfill the protector role with AJ, like Lee once had done for her.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!