Episode 5: No Going Back Review ( And Season 2 Review Thread)

review

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Yea they emailed me, apparently they are having problems so it says 'coming soon' when it was actually available. I had to go through the PSN and find it.

Its upsetting that Kenny is dead for me when he doesn't have to be, I only killed him because I felt I had to, I thought he would die no matter what. With it being the final in the season I didn't think they would end it with a huge character being alive for some people and dead for others. Also I just watched the ending where you go with him and he is happy running up the hill with AJ, I thought he was too far gone and that's why I killed him, but he wasn't based on that ending :/

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Yeah. It's really cool though, that we have loads of different endings.

I think Kenny is still dangerous, but I couldn't bring myself to kill him.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

DarylDixonReedus

DarylDixonReedus

Infected

• Members

Sorry if this was posted before but a guy modded the game files for this scene to work. 

go to 0:46

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

Let's start from the start, okay?

- The shootout went alright, although I don't know whhy Kenny wouldn't shoot the guy on the ground immediately instead of wait for him to aim at Luke. Kenny starts the problem with Arvo, wants to shoot him and doesn't even listen to what the rest of the group is saying. minus points for Kenny.

- The part when they sit around the fire was good, Luke's a funny guy.

In my playthrough I didn't get Kenny to join the group by the fire. He ended up knocking Arvo out. minus points for Kenny.

- Then the infamous lake scene... I chose to cover Luke. Bonnie going to save him was just stupid, he could've got himself out of there. Jane runs to help Clem out of the water. plus points for Jane

- They come into the house. Before even searching Kenny concludes there's no food, Calls Arvo a commie piece of shit (???) and starts hitting him. Arvo did provoke him a bit but that was no excuse for the brutality. minus points for Kenny

- The fixing truck stuff was alright, a talk with Kenny was fine. He does admit he can be a shit sometimes but that doesn't make him any less shitty than he was. Jane talks to Clem about him, says just what  I was thinking.

- Kenny fixes the car. Once again he doesn't care what anyone says, he wants to go north during winter. Says he fixed the car, therefore it's his decision. He's like a little kid "It's my ball you can't play with it".

- Mike, Bonnie and Arvo try to leave. I don't understand why Jane wasn't with them. Anyway I tryed to go with them because I thought Jane was there too but turned out not to be. Arvo shoots Clem after she tries to give her weapon to Mike. I think he does that because Clem shot his zombie girlfriend. Who gave Arvo a gun anyway. Huge minus for Mike and Bonnie.

- The dream sequence was sooo goood. No negatives there.

- The fight in the car. Was alright till Kenny pushed Jane's feet off the dash. Why would she do that, she gave up, they were going north. He just prooved himself and asshole. Excuse: "I couldn't see the damn road" srsly?

- What Jane did was a bit stupid from her, but necessary to show how Kenny can lose it and kill her without knowing what happened.

Needless to say I shot Kenny. No hesitation, just pulled the trigger. What he said before he died was so good, enjoyable moment.

- I forgave Jane easily.

- Now here's the choice that I haven't seen anyone here make different... except me. I didn't let the family in, they were too suspicious. He says it's his kid but the kid is black, that's a minor reason for my decision. It was just a way the guy talked that made me turn down, I don't know I just had a bad feeling.

episode: 8/10

season: 5/10

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

See, half the time you treated Kenny poorly. And he starts the problem with Arvo? If I'm not mistaken, they attacked us. So fuck that. We would have all shot those guys the second we had the chance. That is BS.

And he did fix the truck,. No one but Clem help. They have no right to just leave, with all their stuff. And even if Jane was with them, neither do they. They could have left for sure, but not in the truck that Kenny fixed with all of their supplies. That's BS.

AND I AM SO SICK OF HEARING IT COULD HAVE BEEN AN ACCIDENT. The zombies could barely walk, they were no threat. All Jane had to do was hold the fricking baby. What accident could have happened? She dropped it and didn't bother to pick it up. I knew that conniving bitch was up to something the moment she came back alone. She antagonized Kenny to no end, and I was happy to see Kenny driving the knife into her. I didn't want to look away. I wanted to see her suffer. She wanted that to happen, and I'm glad it turned on her.

And I thought the kid was just adopted. But even if it wasn't, it could have been a Clem and Lee situation.

That Guy

That Guy

Biter

• Members
  • LocationBumfuck, Nowhere

See, half the time you treated Kenny poorly. And he starts the problem with Arvo? If I'm not mistaken, they attacked us. So fuck that. We would have all shot those guys the second we had the chance. That is BS.

And he did fix the truck,. No one but Clem help. They have no right to just leave, with all their stuff. And even if Jane was with them, neither do they. They could have left for sure, but not in the truck that Kenny fixed with all of their supplies. That's BS.

AND I AM SO SICK OF HEARING IT COULD HAVE BEEN AN ACCIDENT. The zombies could barely walk, they were no threat. All Jane had to do was hold the fricking baby. What accident could have happened? She dropped it and didn't bother to pick it up. I knew that conniving bitch was up to something the moment she came back alone. She antagonized Kenny to no end, and I was happy to see Kenny driving the knife into her. I didn't want to look away. I wanted to see her suffer. She wanted that to happen, and I'm glad it turned on her.

And I thought the kid was just adopted. But even if it wasn't, it could have been a Clem and Lee situation.

Amen. Fuck Jane. Just let the timer run out and you can watch Kenny kill Jane.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

Arvo wasn't a threat, he didn't even have a gun, no reason to rush the decision and kill him immediately. The fact that Arvo was with those guys doesn't mean he's like them.

I would've chosen to go with them just because I don't wanna be left with a psychopath and I just wanted to be with Jane. She was right comparing him to Carver. Taking the truck is wrong though.

Accident was possible it was a blizzard out there. Why would he even begin to think that she killed him? Does she have a reason to do it? Is he paranoid or something. He didn't stop for a second to think about it, he tried to kill her out of a pure instinct, like an animal.

All he did the whole episode is rush to conclusions, start arguments and punch people. Like he's the only person whose opinion matters. He fails to communicate, which is important in a group. You people got too attached IMO.

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

Not like them? he fricking sent them. They were his brutes. He got his own sister killed. I told Kenny to kill him in my playthrough. After he lied about us robbing him, I wanted him dead.

So what? It's cold? there's snow? That doesn't mean you could accidentally drop the baby and leave it without noticing or something. All she was doing was walking and holding it

She didn't want the extra baggage. She cut her won sister loose and only stayed with you because you were strong. I don't doubt she would kill the baby, to her it's just a useless crutch.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

He sent them? I guess his sister was a brute too then, he sent her too.

If she didn't want the extra baggage, why didn't she actually kill the baby then? It would be easier that way, just kill Kenny and lie to Clem.

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

I don't know, but just like Kenny did know she killed it, you don't know she didn't at that time, so what happened after isn't as relevant.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

So it's ok that he tried to kill her because he didn't know that she didn't kill it?

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Holy shit am I the only one who liked both Kenny and Jane? Geez, that decision was hard for me.

Also, Jane saying it was an accident was, of course, a lie. She probably said that so she could prove to Clem that Kenny would try to F*** her up even if he thought it was an accident.

"There's no "I" in team" 

"Yeah, there's no "U" either. So I guess if I'm not on the team, and you're not on the team, nobody's on the God damn team. The team sucks!"

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

- The shootout went alright, although I don't know whhy Kenny wouldn't shoot the guy on the ground immediately instead of wait for him to aim at Luke. Kenny starts the problem with Arvo, wants to shoot him and doesn't even listen to what the rest of the group is saying. minus points for Kenny

- Mike, Bonnie and Arvo try to leave. I don't understand why Jane wasn't with them. Anyway I tryed to go with them because I thought Jane was there too but turned out not to be. Arvo shoots Clem after she tries to give her weapon to Mike. I think he does that because Clem shot his zombie girlfriend. Who gave Arvo a gun anyway. Huge minus for Mike and Bonnie.

- What Jane did was a bit stupid from her, but necessary to show how Kenny can lose it and kill her without knowing what happened.

-Kenny's trying to defuse the shootout. I see no reason to not hold Arvo hostage. I actually got pissed that the game's only dialogue options during that portion were disagreements with Kenny. If it saves lives, put a gun to the kid's head

-Why would Jane be with them? One of the dialogue options that shows up is "Kenny! Jane! Help!" It's on the same bubble slide as the one where you ask Mike to go with him. Anyway, I don't think they gave a gun to Arvo. I think Mike put it on the seat of the car and then Arvo grabbed it. Who knows

-If Jane wanted to show how Kenny should lose it, she shouldn't have made him think a child was dead. That's just cruel. Plus, she put a child's life in danger. She left the baby in a cold car in an area surrounded by walkers

I actually don't disagree with your decision to force the family away even though I let them in (my logic being that IF Season 3 continues from my story, it's going to be really boring without more fodder). If anything, this episode proved that even levelheaded people like Mike aren't who they seem to be and will stab you in the back in a heartbeat

I think Lukey was referring to Kenny saying, "I fixed it, I choose where to go." I don't think he was agreeing with Mike and Bonnie's decision to steal the truck

Arvo wasn't a threat, he didn't even have a gun, no reason to rush the decision and kill him immediately. The fact that Arvo was with those guys doesn't mean he's like them.

Accident was possible it was a blizzard out there. Why would he even begin to think that she killed him? Does she have a reason to do it? Is he paranoid or something. He didn't stop for a second to think about it, he tried to kill her out of a pure instinct, like an animal

Arvo led the ambush against the group. Remember the end of Episode 4? Also, regardless of whether or not you steal, he uses Clem as a scapegoat and tries to kill everyone in the group/take their shit. He's not a good guy

Hypothetically, let's say it was an accident. Jane tripped while running with the baby and crushed it or something. Or, more plausible scenario, she got grabbed by a walker and while attempting to get away from it, dropped the baby and it got eaten

Now, let's look at the scenario in that light

1. Kenny thought of the baby as his own son. Try to make any parent think you killed their kid. Even if it's an accident, most fathers are going to rain hell down. This isn't a situation exclusive to Kenny. Jane was basically saying, "See, Clem? I told you he'd snap if I made him think the baby that he thought of as his own son was dead!" Of course someone would act unreasonably in this situation. Jane didn't prove shit

2. When Jane was about to be stabbed, she could've yelled out, "The baby is alive!" She wanted Clem to kill her closest friend. That's fucked up. Even if you disagree with Kenny, Jane is very much in the wrong for what she did

3. Kenny knows Jane is a survivalist. In some playthroughs, Jane will put no effort into saving Sarah (all three of her deaths). Jane rubs Kenny the wrong way. Like he said, "You don't care about anybody." If Jane put the baby in danger as a result of an accident, it's logical for Kenny to think she wouldn't put effort into saving it

4. If Jane killed the baby, she would say it's an accident anyway. Maybe when she was "upset that the baby died", he could read through her and see that her reaction was fake and disingenuous. Instead of seeing that as a clue the baby was alive, he saw it as a clue that Jane killed it

Keep in mind I'm far from a Kenny fanboy. He's by far the biggest asshole in Season 1, willing to let a little girl die if he doesn't like Lee. I just don't think Jane's point proved anything

If Jane accidentally killed Clementine (shooting her in crossfire, let's say), do you think Lee would be super reasonable?

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Holy shit am I the only one who liked both Kenny and Jane? Geez, that decision was hard for me.

Also, Jane saying it was an accident was, of course, a lie. She probably said that so she could prove to Clem that Kenny would try to F*** her up even if he thought it was an accident.

I'm with you, it was an extremely difficult choice.  I almost let the timer completely fade out and only shot Kenny at the last possible split-second.  And then I immediately regretted it.  I didn't know what to do, and still don't know if I made the right choice.  I liked both characters a lot, and I was on Kenny's side every time one of the others badmouthed him.  But just the way he was slowly implanting the knife above Jane's heart, with blood starting to pour out, and Jane crying out Clementine's name, begging for help--- I shot Kenny.

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

I think that that is one of the reasons people shot Kenny. She was just as aggressive in that fight as Kenny. Gauging his eyes was disgustingly brutal. But Kenny had the advantage in the final, and it made her look like a victim in the situation. I guarantee you if it was the other way around people would have acted differently.

Agent Piltdown

Agent Piltdown

Infected

• Members
  • LocationChester, England

Not sure if anyone caught it/already posted about it, but it sure looks like Arvon and co. were turned away by wellington too.
Didn't notice until the second playthrough that they're bags are the same that Edith was handing out

Good catch, haven't started my second playthrough yet so that's something to watch out for.

It makes me wonder what was really going on with Arvo's group. They certainly looked the part of the gruff bandits at the end of Episode 4 and at the opening of Episode 5 I was expecting Boondock Saints level of carnage. ("There was a firefight!") But as it opens it seemed almost like Kenny had singlehandedly whipped them. They had better cover and seemed to open fire first, but Kenny got the drop on them, lol.

Lukey

Lukey

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCroatia

1. Kenny thought of the baby as his own son. Try to make any parent think you killed their kid. Even if it's an accident, most fathers are going to rain hell down. This isn't a situation exclusive to Kenny. Jane was basically saying, "See, Clem? I told you he'd snap if I made him think the baby that he thought of as his own son was dead!" Of course someone would act unreasonably in this situation. Jane didn't prove shit

Why would he think of it as his own? He barely knew Becca and had the baby for like 1 day.

Anyway I think you all are right that what Jane did was cruel and she shouldn't have done that, but I still think Kenny shouldn't have reacted like that. He could've gone mad smashing things around, that'd be ok, but killing Jane isn't the way.

What made my decision easier is that I never liked Kenny.

I think that that is one of the reasons people shot Kenny. She was just as aggressive in that fight as Kenny. Gauging his eyes was disgustingly brutal. But Kenny had the advantage in the final, and it made her look like a victim in the situation. I guarantee you if it was the other way around people would have acted differently.

This is true, although it would make no difference with me, I'd just let her kill him.

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Why would he think of it as his own? He barely knew Becca and had the baby for like 1 day.

Anyway I think you all are right that what Jane did was cruel and she shouldn't have done that, but I still think Kenny shouldn't have reacted like that. He could've gone mad smashing things around, that'd be ok, but killing Jane isn't the way.

Kenny clearly thought of the baby as his own--- he could see the love he had for AJ when he helped deliver him, and he pretty much 'adopted' him when he swore to him that he would always look after him.  Nobody else even wanted the baby.  Whether you liked Kenny or not, it would be completely inaccurate to assume that he didn't care for that child.  It's the ZA, normal rules don't apply.

JesusMonroe

JesusMonroe

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members

Season 1 in a nutshell

WZa0l.jpg

Imagine a group of a hundred motorcycles driving down a freeway. Eventually, they hit a junction. One road goes northwest and the other goes northeast. So one guy, we'll call him S, says, "Let's go northwest!" A mile past the intersection, a semi careens into the group and kills ninety of them. Ten are wounded, but they survive and keep going. Eventually, they hit 10,000 miles. S suddenly has his consciousness thrown into his past body right before the junction. Now, he says, "Let's go northeast!" All 100 bikers survive. Happily ever after, right? But what about the ten, no nine, who went northwest and survived? What happens to the reality they were living? Does it just disappear now that S has changed the past? It's not like only bad things happened on that 10,000 mile journey. Maybe one of them fell in love with a gas station attendant and got her pregnant or maybe one adopted a homeless kid that joined the adventure. That 10,000 mile journey would be full of stories. Romances, farewells, friendships...the loss of those ninety lives is horrible and unfortunate, but what would rewriting their history mean? The nine who survived lived full lives and did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. How could it be right to just erase all that? Isn't that worth something? Is there a point to a world where everything is happy? Are people who struggle for a better life just idiots? Being human is about fighting even when it seems hopeless and finding happiness in a world that hates it. Are you saying that's worthless?

slimymeteor

slimymeteor

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

Is it weird that the part that made me cry the most was the dream sequence with Lee?  Even during a replay, I cried.  I guess I still miss him.

I let Jane die in my replay, and the whole arriving to Wellington with Kenny just kind of seemed like a dream to me.  That's probably just because it wasn't my original choice.  I liked the ending but it seemed a little too happy or something.  Shooting Kenny and watching him die was a far more depressing ending, but being TWD, I kind of prefer it that way. 

"You made the right choice, Clem."

Dead Gov Walking

Dead Gov Walking

Roamer

• Members

Is it weird that the part that made me cry the most was the dream sequence with Lee?  Even during a replay, I cried.  I guess I still miss him.

I let Jane die in my replay, and the whole arriving to Wellington with Kenny just kind of seemed like a dream to me.  That's probably just because it wasn't my original choice.  I liked the ending but it seemed a little too happy or something.  Shooting Kenny and watching him die was a far more depressing ending, but being TWD, I kind of prefer it that way. 

"You made the right choice, Clem."

Yeah, the dream sequence got me too. That and leaving Kenny when we got to Wellington asfdgaf

albert_otrp

albert_otrp

Infected

• Members

This is true, although it would make no difference with me, I'd just let her kill him.

Kenny is just a loving, and caring person that a lot of people misunderstood. Based on the Wellington ending, it is obvious that he was self-sacrificing, and put AJ and Clem's needs ahead of him. In the first season, as tough as he was on Ben, he would have still risked his life for him. What Jane did was entrapment. She played mind games on Kenny, who in a way has adopted AJ for his own. Any father would get seriously pissed, if his baby was abandoned by someone. Lastly, Jane brought the knife, drew the knife, but unfortunately, got killed by it. Maybe she lacked conviction.

Neganite

Neganite

Biter

• Members
  • LocationNewcastle England

Im definitely going to replay the season and take the Kenny and Clem leave Wellington ending, just so when season 3 does roll around I have both options open, also because even though my reasoning was sound I still regret killing Kenny, I loved that guy.

nazacuckoo

nazacuckoo

Survivor

• Members
  • LocationTo your left

Yeah, the dream sequence got me too. That and leaving Kenny when we got to Wellington asfdgaf

I liked the dream sequence, too. However, I was more terrified than sad because I thought I had gotten Clem killed by calling for Kenny and Jane.

I thought that the dream sequence would be the last scene I got before I'd find out that Clem's dead... Then the credits roll.

Haha, I honestly thought I'd gotten a "Clem dies" ending lol.

"There's no "I" in team" 

thelastpaul

thelastpaul

Biter

• Members
  • LocationCalifornia

I liked the dream sequence, too. However, I was more terrified than sad because I thought I had gotten Clem killed by calling for Kenny and Jane.

I thought that the dream sequence would be the last scene I got before I'd find out that Clem's dead... Then the credits roll.

Haha, I honestly thought I'd gotten a "Clem dies" ending lol.

Me too, I got emotional because I really thought she had died and it was her personal heaven or something. Either way it was sad but cool to see Lee again.

Bit > Lurker > Roamer > Put down by Scott Gimple. Goodbye R&L

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!