Ideas For Twd Flashback Episodes

- - - - -

Joseph

Joseph

Lurker

• Members
  • LocationColchester, England.

Before I get into this, I wouldn't want to use these ideas as webisodes simply because the webisodes only run for like 20 mins. I'd want to use this on a grander scale, either as a normal TWD episode or maybe a 1 hour and 30 mins movie.

Maybe one day it would be cool if the show did a flashback series, separately showing these events:

- How the atlanta group came together, how Shane saved Lori, Carl etc...

- Everything that happened to Merle from the rooftop until season 303.

- Everything that happened at the CDC, Jenner, his wife and much more..

- Story about the Vatos, how Guillermo and his friends got together and how they died...

- Maybe a story about Randall/Dave/Tony, how they came together etc...

- Maybe a Morales episode. Showing how he died. Or survived up until we see him one day.

- Everything that happened to Morgan from 101-312.

- The Governor's story, how he built up Woodbury.

- How Hershels family at the farm dealt with the outbreak before meeting Ricks group.

- Showing Andrea & Michonne on the road between S2-S3.

- Ricks group in the 7 month time skip in-between S2-S3, Showing them surviving on the road.

- An episode with Tyreese & Sasha's group. How they survived? When they were with Gerry?

- The 7 month time skip in-between S3-S4. Showing them rebuilding the prison.

- An episode on Bob, what happened with his previous group.

- Lizzie, Mika and their family. How did they survive, what happened to their mum?

- Terminus story (might be seeing that in S4) But showing how that all came together.

Couple of points:

1. I know it would be hard to do, getting the actors back in the show etc... but it would be a brilliant if they were able to do it.

2. The episodes would either have to be 60 mins (runtime) or maybe 1 hour 30 mins.

3. Before any one says there's not enough material to do an hour with these ideas......of course there is. In every single one there's PLENTY of story to tell and loads of great Walking Dead ideas to put in. You can make lots of stuff happen in these events. Some episodes may be a bit more laid back....Hershel's story. Some would be a bit more action...Rick's group on the road etc.... it would be similar to a lot of episodes in season 4 where you would have a Governor episode(or 2) and then an episode for Daryl & Beth. an episode for Rick,Carl.

Any one else think this would be pretty damn cool?

Serenity@sea

Serenity@sea

Do ya want a cookie?

• Administrators

I like flashbacks, but I think they are mainly effective if it will advance the story forward, such as providing backstory on our current characters. The story has moved on from most of the events you have listed, so it would feel like they are rehashing (going backward) with the plot. Unless it will affect a future storyline, I don't see the point in exploring characters that have already died.

We don't always get the answers to our questions or get resolution in life. I think that is especially true in this world.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
We don't know if the guys that stayed back in atlanta in season one are dead. I imagine once the elderly started to die and come back they might have lost some people. I would hope a few of them survived. Unless they are going to mix back into our group it won't matter. I also agree with serenity. Most of this should have been done during season 2 and then 3 they would have had better episodes and maybe be not such bad seasons.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!