Issue 130 Review

- - - - - review

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

Hallelujer! Im STILL Alive!

• Members
  • LocationAlexandria Safe Zone with Spencer`s pool table.
I bet Carl is going to kill Rolland and become the true apprentice of the darkside.

"Yeah, let's fuck this dog."

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

Where's the 134 cover at? I'm not so savvy at finding these things...

It's not been released on the official site, none of the forums have it, and a google search reveals nothing. I'd very much like to know how he saw it.

Nick_FM

Nick_FM

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationU.S.A.

I liked this issue! I agree that Marco and Ken hiding from the zombies in the rain was creepy. It's been awhile since we've seen something creepy in this comic (imo).

As for zombies talking...well, in "Day Of The Dead" Bub learned how to talk. I think it could be something else though.

Koibito

Koibito

Biter

• Members
  • LocationIn a Gangsta's Paradise ♪♫

Hey, guys.  I'm not your average Koibito but here's my shot at coloring a panel from The Walking Dead #1305f783bd178ee5bb953b1eb404d7698b1.jpg

tumblr_mjtiex5KeP1r0qyqbo1_500.png

Very good. Loving the bright colors for their clothing and the background. Very smooth.

As for myself....That last page looks mighty tempting. Like, fuck, i love closeups. I have to test that one out.

I'll get to work on them as soon as possible.

Also, Hershel JR.

One word.

nVtxqL1.jpg

bd629b0375becac7160e1d2f9cb1fae26e9b1917

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ

I though Maggie looked pretty hot actually, Jesus!

Maggie has definitely achieved milf status.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio
So happy Magna didn't let Negan lose. I'm glad i was so wrong about that, after 2 yrs of peace i figured RK would want to get something going.

Rick is super famous. He's like a god to these people. Now we know thèe reason for his drastic looks being changed.

Maggie!! Glad to see her. Also hilltop those walls are huge. Seems like it's built to handle a giant herd and or so people can't throw grenades over it.

we are hearing more about what plans they thats good have...halfway posts for rest and other things. To be honest i'm surprised they didnt' build walls going along the roads for safe travel....i know it would take a lot of resouce. I'm happy we are in the middle of the rebuilding process. ( i would have liked to see bits and pieces of the start of the rebuild and a few other things.)

I say people are walking with the dead for some reason not sure why but i hooe they don't actually talk or get smart.

theblackboxlies

theblackboxlies

Top of the Food Chain

• Members
  • Locationಠ_ರೃ
One thing I'm wondering about the whispering "zombies" is the caveman vernacular, when the first whisper bubble says "where they go?" Instead of "where did they go?" Was it a typo or what? I mean people who speak like that surely wouldn't be smart enough to use zombie gut camo...and in a pretty steady rainfall too...

jbhutto

jbhutto

S-mart Employee

• Members

I dunno, people were acting like a Time Jump would be horrible but that turned out okay.  Yeah, talking zombies is a bit more of a game changer but it could potentially work out.  That being said, I don't think it's talking zombies.  People who are able to wrangle / manipulate the zombies seems like an equally interesting prospect, without any of the drawbacks.  Oddly enough, I remember someone a while back threw out the idea of the next villain being some sort of zombie-worshipping cult.  But yeah, with Magna calling Negan's bluff I really wasn't expecting things to be ramp up to this extent.

I would agree with the sentiment that Ken and Marco kinda seem more immediatley characterized/likable than some other minor characters (granted, a lot of it's probably due to the situation they were in), I get a Heath sort of vibe from them.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

I bet Carl is going to kill Rolland and become the true apprentice of the darkside.

Yea he seemed a bit jealous.

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

One thing I'm wondering about the whispering "zombies" is the caveman vernacular, when the first whisper bubble says "where they go?" Instead of "where did they go?" Was it a typo or what? I mean people who speak like that surely wouldn't be smart enough to use zombie gut camo...and in a pretty steady rainfall too...

They could have just heard that part.

farswell7

farswell7

Biter

• Members
  • LocationThe Land of Lincoln

I thought it was a really good issue. 

The last line gave me chills which is really weird because if the Walkers truly did start talking I'd be like O_o 

Pickles312

Pickles312

Lurker

• Members

Couldn't be happier that Kirkman favored common sense over a plot convenience with Magna and Negan. Good call.

And I would love to see the next arc be focused on isolation and psychological side effects of it. The talking zombies thing would be a start. obviously the zombies didn't really talk. bar that I'm excited to see where they go with it.

8-Ball

8-Ball

Lurker

• Members

Just finished 130. Not too bad of an issue. looks like carl is going to be a little bitch about working with someone. Other than being too short, no real complaints. Also I'm hoping Kirkman has something planned with Marco hearing "whispers". I hope it just doesn't become a throw away line and we're about to get a really shocking twist. Did anyone else notice that at the end of the issue everyone seems shocked besides rick? I wonder if this means anything?

DHeav60

DHeav60

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

I dunno, people were acting like a Time Jump would be horrible but that turned out okay.  Yeah, talking zombies is a bit more of a game changer but it could potentially work out.  That being said, I don't think it's talking zombies.  People who are able to wrangle / manipulate the zombies seems like an equally interesting prospect, without any of the drawbacks.  Oddly enough, I remember someone a while back threw out the idea of the next villain being some sort of zombie-worshipping cult.  But yeah, with Magna calling Negan's bluff I really wasn't expecting things to be ramp up to this extent.

I think the talking zombies are just people using the zombies in some way - Maybe people have adapted a method to walk amongst them like Michonne with her slave/pet zombies or Rick and Glenn when they smeared guts all over themselves early on. Though it couldn't be that because of the rain. But maybe some group; large or small - could be either, a large group of survivors using the zombies as some kind of mobile defense - highly unlikely, but hey if Euge figured out how to corral herds of zombies, who's to say what other groups may have thought of. More likely it's just 2 dudes walking camouflaged amongst the heard and they spotted Ken and Marco on horses and tried to follow them. The "whisper" Marco heard was because when these guys talk to each other they whisper to no draw suspicion from the herd around them.

FearTheHunters

FearTheHunters

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationOn my way to Canada

overall a good issue if you ask me. tagged on a lot of points, i wasn't expecting marco to be back so soon, but i guess they had to use the whisper line... does anyone else remember the beginning of 127 before the herd descends on magna's group, it was said that it 'sounded like the ocean'... just a thought if that has something to do with the whispers. the caveman dialect seems to indicate rudimentary zombie speak to me, but the command to keep moving seems to indicate some type of urgency, of which i'm sure walkers have none. honestly i think rk could go either way on this one.. talking zombies is new, however he better have a damn good explanation if that's the case. but on the other hand, people camoflauging themselves among the walkers is nothing new. there seems to be no good reason for him to introduce something like this so with any luck, it's a huge twist i can't even fathom. something ACTUALLY 'unthinkable'. unlike the conclusion to aow. i thought for sure through this whole arc that ken and marco were drawing a mega herd down upon our communities by running home, but no one seems to be too worried that they were followed that close to home by a herd that size. maggie is in full milf mode and holy crap did adlard draw glenn+maggie right. just that one frame of the kid's face has so much of both of them. the thing i REALLY liked about this issue was the letter hacks, so much was teased! drugs, dwight, WEEKLY[?] schedule, finding an island will be addressed 'very soon', shoot, there were even some tv show teasers. as for magna, it wasn't the first page splash of her calling 'bullshit' like i predicted, but the outcome was the same so i totally still get points. i think carl was running to find his dad so they can just leave, and rick will talk him out of it. though i really don't see why he would take earl's acquiring of another apprentice so personally to begin with... 

as for predictions, i think we get this whisper thing answered pretty quickly. there's been a pretty quick turnaround on end of issue cliffhangers of late, so i'll say maybe rick writes off the whispers as hallucinations [which they very well still could be] at first, but maggie is a worry wart and nags him while carl just wants something interesting to happen and nags him too. finally he looks into it, and finds out patrols have gone missing over the last couple days. cue hunters 2.0. next arc is a conflict with this group, they are captured, voila: small group of new lifers. this will facilitate twd's anti-justice league [and i do so hope they call it that]. negan has been indicating how lonely he is.

Rahvu

Rahvu

Infected

• Members

Good issue and good for Magna for not being a dumbass which i thought she wouldn't be because Negan hasn't been locked up long enough for the viewers even though it's been 2 years. I really doubt there are talking zombies and there were just some people walking amongst the zombies that makes the most sense of course who knows what moves inside the head of RK and maybe he's just too far gone. It was nice to see Maggie and the kid, but the kids name should be like Hershel Jr. or something just Hershel makes him sound like a 80-year old. At first i couldn't give a flying fuck about Ken and Marco, but they are growing on me much better than Magna and co. of course it could be that they have in a strange way got more interaction between each other than Magnas group, but i hope Marco hasn't truly lost it and maybe Ken is still alive in this barn they were in but i think Ken is long gone.

I agree with FearTheHunters that the letter hacks was really good this month. It did really good job hyping up the future i just hope IF they go for weekly releases in 2015 that they don't compromise anything to make it happen like 15 page comics or some shit like that.

Fenriradra

Fenriradra

Infected

• Members

the whole caveman dialect implies a lack of intelligence, but similarly a sense of urgency for someone trying to utter as few syllables as possible - adding the "did" to make it proper english might be enough of a non-groan noise to raise suspicion from otherwise dullard zombies.  Kind of in the same line of thought as how armed services people use hand gestures to maintain stealth instead of whispering "you go there and wait for me to yell GO".

HolySock

HolySock

Infected

• Members

I'm pretty sure the dialect is just because they're worried the zombies might hear them. So keep it quiet and brief.

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

I say "where they go?" sometimes I guess I am a caveman..........

Caveman.gif

Z-murdock

Z-murdock

S-mart Employee

• Members
  • LocationMI

It's not been released on the official site, none of the forums have it, and a google search reveals nothing. I'd very much like to know how he saw it.

it is not on the internet, however, it wad revealed in the SkyBound Comics Panel at SDCC 2014!

agrassfedcomic.com

hannsg

hannsg

Biter

• Validating

Would have cool if she called the baby Spencer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moop420

moop420

Roamer

• Members
  • LocationInside Andrea's Short Shorts

Talking zombies would be the point of no return for me. If RK goes that route then he may as well dedicate a whole issue to zombie Fonzie jumping a zombie shark.

I do like the idea though of humans taking the zombie guts disguise to the next level and dressing themselves in zombie flesh. Don't have worry about the rain washing your stink away when you are wearing rotten skin.

Other than that...I find myself caring less and less with each passing issue. The Rick Grimes ass-kiss fest was probably the corniest/worst moment in TWD, for me anyway. I'm also getting kind of tired of the bait and switch tactic where RK ends an issue with a potentially intriguing cliffhanger and then comes back the next issue with some lame anticlimactic resolution.

I don't want to complain about the state of the book but it's difficult for me not to because I'm of the opinion that the quality of the storytelling has really fallen since AOW began. In past, RK sort of took a trashy genre subject and elevated it to high drama. Now TWD is starting feel like what would happen if Michael Bay made a zombie movie.

At this point, I'd be more than alright with everyone except Negan and Carl getting killed off, which says a lot because up until these past couple issues I couldn't imagine TWD without Rick, Andrea, Michonne, etc. Now I can...

PorkTornado75

PorkTornado75

• Members

Talking zombies would be the point of no return for me. If RK goes that route then he may as well dedicate a whole issue to zombie Fonzie jumping a zombie shark.

I do like the idea though of humans taking the zombie guts disguise to the next level and dressing themselves in zombie flesh. Don't have worry about the rain washing your stink away when you are wearing rotten skin.

Other than that...I find myself caring less and less with each passing issue. The Rick Grimes ass-kiss fest was probably the corniest/worst moment in TWD, for me anyway. I'm also getting kind of tired of the bait and switch tactic where RK ends an issue with a potentially intriguing cliffhanger and then comes back the next issue with some lame anticlimactic resolution.

I don't want to complain about the state of the book but it's difficult for me not to because I'm of the opinion that the quality of the storytelling has really fallen since AOW began. In past, RK sort of took a trashy genre subject and elevated it to high drama. Now TWD is starting feel like what would happen if Michael Bay made a zombie movie.

At this point, I'd be more than alright with everyone except Negan and Carl getting killed off, which says a lot because up until these past couple issues I couldn't imagine TWD without Rick, Andrea, Michonne, etc. Now I can...

While i dont agree with everything you said here i do agree with some of it.

Get ready for the "dont like it dont read it and quit" comments to start in 3......2.......1.............GO!

john5xc

john5xc

Infected

• Members

it is not on the internet, however, it wad revealed in the SkyBound Comics Panel at SDCC 2014!

My bad then. I sure hope that's a troll cover. Kirkman doesn't seem like the type to destroy the backbone of his series.

Mr. NomNom

Mr. NomNom

Biter

• Members
  • LocationOhio

While i dont agree with everything you said here i do agree with some of it.

Get ready for the "dont like it dont read it and quit" comments to start in 3......2.......1.............GO!

Nah bro, we only tell you to quit when you bash all of it not some of it.

Welcome to RoamersAndLurkers.com, the largest walking dead forum and discussion board online. If you are a fan of AMC's The Walking Dead or Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead Comic Book, we invite you to peruse and enjoy our discussion board, and don't be afraid of joining in!